Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 17
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hello KSW1375, :-)

I do not know; never did know, and maybe never will know.

But at 70 years of age, I have learned a few things. If you work really hard, stick to your commitments, stay focused, surround yourself with good people, be respectful, kind, fair and patient, that you will have a pretty good chance at succeeding.

Ahhh yes, there will be some who, in spite of their focus and talent and good intentions, will fall by the wayside and leave a big ol' pothole in your path to success. That's normal; that's life, but you trudge on toward the goal and eventually, God willing, all the hard work, team effort, tenacity and grit pays off. Patience has not always been my strong point but dogged tenacity has. So, unless I fall by the wayside, we will get this one out, finished or unfinished.

Well said Milton, those must be the wisdom you get with age However isn't it funny that you seem to become more patient when you have less time left.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Well said Milton, those must be the wisdom you get with age However isn't it funny that you seem to become more patient when you have less time left.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    I usually have to be busy and when I am not, I look for other things to do. Usually that means helping others in their quest for answers, solutions, or methods, or I just start another project. Back in 2012 after I retired in 2011, I had 13 concurrent projects running. Strangely, they all got completed ... will never do that again. LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton -- Your unmatched ability to produce some of the finest freeware (payware quality) aircraft models for flight simulator is matched only by your unswerving tenacity to see those projects through to completion. I am confident that the A-20, the XP-54 and any other missions you have on your roster will be finished. Admit it, it's in your blood, man.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Update: Wellis is working diligently on a paint kit for the A-20C/G and the P-70A1/A2. This will take some time as each model has differences in panel lines/rivets.

It take a lot of hours to lay these down and he has made good progress on the C/G models so far, even with the holidays off.

Here's a shot from the last update he sent, very much yet a WIP as you know but progress is being made and the results are looking super.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-13-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, that is looking mighty good. I might take a swat at that once the paintkit becomes available. Good work, y'all!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

It really looks good. It makes me a bit happy as this is definitely something nice to look forward to this year!

Thanks Milton and team!
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Milton, that is looking mighty good. I might take a swat at that once the paintkit becomes available. Good work, y'all!
    I have always been especially fond of your works Sir and would consider it an honor to see your brushes hit any of the Havoc series.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It really looks good. It makes me a bit happy as this is definitely something nice to look forward to this year!

Thanks Milton and team!
    Huub
    Huub, thank you for continued support and encouragement. I hope with the C and G, and P-70A1 (C-based) and A2 (G based) models, we can cover most of what was used in the ET and PT, if you don't get too picky. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Any progress news A20 Havoc?

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    It will be ready when it is ready .......... and not before.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    I know this seems like a slow grind to those of you waiting, but Wellis is deep into to lines and rivets for the four different models; this takes a lot of time and the benefit will be much better visuals and paint kits for the painters.

Spokes2112 suffered some RW encounters and has been unable to make progress on the panel and gauges. He intends to be back in the swing of things for limited settings soon.

So, I offer the attachments as to current status of what I have now. There is paint progress on all models that I do not have yet.

Wellis is welcome to post some screen shots when he is ready to share.

So, no target dates but but I can say with confidence it will be more than 3 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-008.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-004.jpg  

HOMEUNIT-2017-jan-24-006.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I know this seems like a slow grind to those of you waiting, but Wellis is deep into to lines and rivets for the four different models; this takes a lot of time and the benefit will be much better visuals and paint kits for the painters.

Spokes2112 suffered some RW encounters and has been unable to make progress on the panel and gauges. He intends to be back in the swing of things for limited settings soon.

So, I offer the attachments as to current status of what I have now. There is paint progress on all models that I do not have yet.

Wellis is welcome to post some screen shots when he is ready to share.

So, no target dates but but I can say with confidence it will be more than 3 months.

I will put some screenshots up in a couple of days after the riveting and panel lines for the G are completed. :-)

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    I will put some screenshots up in a couple of days after the riveting and panel lines for the G are completed. :-)
    Good man, Wellis - a wise man goes for structure first, it's what holds everything together - colour work is the relaxing part. :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Here are some screenshots of the WIP paint kits for Milton's FSX A-20C and G; and P-70A1 (P-70A2 is not quite done yet). The screens show the completed rivet and panel lines. The finals are a ways off yet (still have all the greasy, dirty bits) but progress is being made every day! :-)

There are many details on these but the paint kits, in .psd format, are structured so that users can turn the smaller details off and on according to preference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-20G-2.jpg   A-20G-1.jpg   A-20C-3.jpg   A-20C-2.jpg   A-20C-1.jpg   A-20G-3.jpg  

P-70A1-1.jpg   P-70A1-2.jpg   P-70A1-3.jpg  

That's looking great

Thank you for the previews.

Wow, looking VERY nice
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Here are some screenshots of the WIP paint kits for Milton's FSX A-20C and G; and P-70A1 (P-70A2 is not quite done yet). The screens show the completed rivet and panel lines. The finals are a ways off yet (still have all the greasy, dirty bits) but progress is being made every day! :-)

There are many details on these but the paint kits, in .psd format, are structured so that users can turn the smaller details off and on according to preference.
    Grand work, sumptuous detail, spectacular draughtsmanship, Wellis!

All those endless hours of endless measurements, research, dilligence really pay off now.

You're onto it in a big way, Sir - don't stop now! :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Those are looking gorgeous, great job!

Thank you for the comments gentlemen, they are much appreciated. :-)

She's getting there, thanks for sharing the shots! I really enjoy watching these projects transform, and from the looks of things, this will be a definite keeper.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2022

Wow!

That is all I can say.

My jaw drops and I am speechless everytime I see one of the WIP screenshots.

For some reason the Douglas A-20 / Boston family has always been one of my favourites. I remember building an Airfix model of one as a kid and it was one of the first paywares I ever bought (back in the days of CFS2).

I will refrain from asking "Are we there yet?" as I know that the team is putting whatever resources they have to the task (but I will think it on a regular basis). Only regret that I don't have any skills to add to the team.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    That is all I can say.

My jaw drops and I am speechless everytime I see one of the WIP screenshots.

For some reason the Douglas A-20 / Boston family has always been one of my favourites. I remember building an Airfix model of one as a kid and it was one of the first paywares I ever bought (back in the days of CFS2).

I will refrain from asking "Are we there yet?" as I know that the team is putting whatever resources they have to the task (but I will think it on a regular basis). Only regret that I don't have any skills to add to the team.

Gavin
    Thanks Gavin, et al, for the comments. Wellis and Spokes2112 are doing their things well and time will see this through of course. Unfortunately, not everyone is retired (like me) and do not have the hours available to just knock this work out. It's painstaking and meticulous and requires lots of detailed effort to produce, test, and get through the process.

Meanwhile I try to keep busy with other things as I am impatient by nature. That is why the Vultee xp-54 was done, the video tutorials for gmax, and now the Martin B-26 Marauder is in progress.

So much to do; so little time. :-)

Once Wellis is done with the paint kit(s), things will start poppin'. And Spoke2112 and I will have to make some quick progress with the gauges and custom xml.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Once Wellis is done with the paint kit(s), things will start poppin'.
    Can't wait to get stuck in with painting!

I think we will hear from wellis soon as he nears the end of his paint kit journey for the four models. He has done an excellent job as getting this project ready for some serious paint jobs. Thanks Wellis.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3