Gauges for Combat Flight Simulator - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gauges for Combat Flight Simulator

P-51D Three Way Engine Gauge

This Gauge was finished and tested last night.

The attached screenshot shows the new Gauge (on the Left) as compared to the stock P51D Three Way Engine Gauge.
    As can be seen, the readings seem to be pretty much the same which is a pretty good indication that the programming was correct.

Comparing the readouts against the Test Panel's digital gauges does show something quite interesting though.
    There are three values being displayed here:
    1. The Oil Temperature. 171 degrees F converts to 77.22 degrees C which is a pretty good match.
    2. The Oil Pressure. 59 PSI also seems to be a pretty close match to the new gauge.
    3. The Fuel Pressure. The Test Panel shows 22 PSI but both P-51 Gauges show about 16-17 PSI.

If the discrepancy were just in my new Gauge, I would be a bit worried, but my readings match the stock gauge.....

The bitmaps for the new Gauge started as stretched copies of the stock P51D images, but almost nothing but the Gauge Frame and some of the Tick Marks remain of the original.
    The Numbers have all been redone.
    The Pointers are all new.
    The Tick Marks have been moved around so that the Gauge Pointers are symmetrical.

Eventually the Bitmaps will probably be entirely replaced, but this seemed to be the quickest way to get a working gauge for now.
    So far I have just a Gauge for Engine1.
    Creating the full set of four Gauges for all four engines should not be terribly difficult.
    I will need at least two for the P-38 Lightning.

- Ivan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3WayEngineGauge.jpg  

A Couple Weeks Later.....

After a couple weeks of workigg mostly on Gauges, I now have the following additions:
    Dual Pointer 4500 RPM Tachometer
    A set of Cylinder Head Temperature Gauges based on a modified stock P47D bitmap
    A set of Starter Gauges based on the stock P51D bitmaps

Many Gauges that were already completed were improved a bit for accuracy or logic based on what I found when looking for information to program the new Gauges.

The first try at a set of P-38 Fuel Selectors had multiple problems.
    Most have a known solution but there is one issue that still eludes me.

One other Gauge is in the works but it is moving slowly and still in the bitmap stage.

- Ivan.

More Gauges for Lavochkin

Two more Gauges are now finished for the Lavochkin fighters.
    As expected, the Manifold Pressure Gauge was pretty trivial.
    Other than the markings, it doesn't differ much from other Manifold Pressure Gauges.

The 2 pointer Tachometer took a much longer time.
    Eventually I got some help about a very non-intuitive problem with the way I was doing things and last night, I finally got everything to work properly.
    Thanks, DragonflightDesign!

Next will probably be a Cylinder Temperature Gauge for the Lavochkin along with another that is slowly working in the background.

- Ivan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GaugesForLa5FN.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1