Aerosoft Jayhawk and Seahawk X in P3d V2

Thread: Aerosoft Jayhawk and Seahawk X in P3d V2

Aerosoft Jayhawk and Seahawk X in P3d V2

We were in San Diego this last weekend and I saw a USCG Jayhawk flying around quite a bit, and thought it would be fun to fly one in P3D. Aerosoft's package isn't priced to badly but it's quite a bit older.

Can anyone speak to the quality (both visually and flight model) of the Aerosoft Jayhawk and if it works in P3D v2?

Thanks.

I've installed the Aerosoft Seahawk/Jayhawk in P3D v2.5. Seems to work okay, looks very good as well. Haven't tested it thorougly, but as able to take off. The only problem I saw was with the ships, the Boxer wasn't displaying; I haven't looked into this too greatly, so I don't know if anybody else has seen this issue, or even found a solution.

How do you like it in terms of flight modeling and realism?

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    I'm no expert at flying, more a weekend flyer, but it felt okay, I didn't do much more though than take off and fly forward a bit. I can check it out more thoroughly later tonight, and then I'll check that the gauges function okay and I can land, have to work at my day job at the moment :-(

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Had a bit more of a test in P3D of this. It seems to behave pretty much the same as in FSX. I thin the model is pretty good, although the PFD shows some colour bleed. This is a known issue, that I don't think was ever resolved, but the fix seems to be to load the "Aerosoft NabyHawks Default Start all systems running" , then re-position the helo where you want. Personally I think it's one of the better rotorcraft, I especially like the Stability Augmentation System (SAS)... makes it easier on known experts such as myself to hover.

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    Had a bit more of a test in P3D of this. It seems to behave pretty much the same as in FSX. I thin the model is pretty good, although the PFD shows some colour bleed. This is a known issue, that I don't think was ever resolved, but the fix seems to be to load the "Aerosoft NabyHawks Default Start all systems running" , then re-position the helo where you want. Personally I think it's one of the better rotorcraft, I especially like the Stability Augmentation System (SAS)... makes it easier on known experts such as myself to hover.
    Thanks for checking that out for me!

I'm still thinking about the Aerosoft package, but also considering the Cerasim UH-60 with a coast guard repaint...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    The SOH USCG Delegation Favorite. "Cerasim UH-60 with a coast guard repaint" 10/10 all thumbs go!!

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0