Getting FSX:SE to look like my old FSX

Thread: Getting FSX:SE to look like my old FSX

Getting FSX:SE to look like my old FSX

In the past, when I have re-installed FSX for whatever reason, one of the first things I have added has been Ultimate Terrain X Canada and USA. Without UTX, the FSX scenery just doesn't look like the real world around me. UTX provides real-looking roads, bridges, railways and rivers.

Now, on Windows 10 release 10240, I have finally gotten FSX:SE to run, but the Flight 1 installer for UTX refuses to run.

Rather than struggle to get UTX to install, I thought I would ask your advice - is there something else I could install that would achieve the same realism as UTX? Something more up-to-date? Would FTX Global give me accurate local roads, for example?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    In the past, when I have re-installed FSX for whatever reason, one of the first things I have added has been Ultimate Terrain X Canada and USA. Without UTX, the FSX scenery just doesn't look like the real world around me. UTX provides real-looking roads, bridges, railways and rivers.

Now, on Windows 10 release 10240, I have finally gotten FSX:SE to run, but the Flight 1 installer for UTX refuses to run.

Rather than struggle to get UTX to install, I thought I would ask your advice - is there something else I could install that would achieve the same realism as UTX? Something more up-to-date? Would FTX Global give me accurate local roads, for example?

Any suggestions?
    I have found with some Flight 1 products (older ones) even on my W7 64 they will not install until I boot into safe mode then they do. Just a thought.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I've recently installed FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector with outstanding results. I previously used both GEX North America for textures and UTX for roads/streams/rivers, ect., but the FTX products totally transformed the way the scenery looks. It may cost a bit, but if you wait for sales, then it won't be such a big ouch on the budget.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I've recently installed FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector with outstanding results. I previously used both GEX North America for textures and UTX for roads/streams/rivers, ect., but the FTX products totally transformed the way the scenery looks.
    Thanks for the encouragemenht, @paiken.

Did you have to use any special precautions or procedures to install the ORBX stuff on FSX:SE?

Nope...the installers found the FSX folder with no issues here.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0