Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

Available at simviation.com
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries

Thank you very much indeed for the HU, however....

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Available at simviation.com
    When you find something of interest...and obviously YOU are one of the first to know the URL... it would
    save a lot of time hunting for it... wherever it is... if you also cite the URL...
    Constructive criticism intended... no "rivet counting" here...
    Thanks for the heads up... Now to go hunting for it... lol

TTFN,
    G.

Point taken - of course. FYI - I saw this just as I was leaving for work today but didn't have time to post here, and certainly would have included the direct link had my firm's stupid new spam filter not blocked simviation, avsim and several other sim sites (not the SOH thank goodness - at least not yet ). Will post the direct link when I get home - it's was on the front page under new stuff - but won't stay there for long, so will post the link for the benefit of future searchers!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Here you go.

Try this (some times these later move to other pages on simviation but think its not good form to post the direct download link either (?)).

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-0

91 MB at 30 KBPS. Feels like 2002.

Link:
    hxxp://simviation.com/1/download?file=KittyHawkClassV1.00.zip&fileId=49144

Copy, paste and replace the "xx" with "tt".

I have the Kitty Hawk from the Aerosoft F-14X but am going to check this out anyway. Noticed just below this that there's a Forrestal Class Carrier 2.0. By chance is that a variant of the same one posted to a thread here some time back?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've had a quick look and they're not bad. You get Connie too

The FLOLS move a little, both carriers have yellow anchors and the deck aircraft.. as they're not modelled on the carriers.. will all bounce up in the air if you hit a lumpy bit of sea but otherwise, they're okey dokey. Lot's of deck loadouts too.. clean, launch, recovery and full

ATB
    DaveB

When you find something of interest...and obviously YOU are one of the first to know the URL... it would
    save a lot of time hunting for it... wherever it is... if you also cite the URL...
    True, but sometimes a search result won't work when reposted, which is why I posted in another thread that Yanco carriers are at Simviation rather than posting my own search result.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I have the Kitty Hawk from the Aerosoft F-14X but am going to check this out anyway. Noticed just below this that there's a Forrestal Class Carrier 2.0. By chance is that a variant of the same one posted to a thread here some time back?
    Both are by the same guy, WombRaider78.

Anyone able to get the statics to show up?

Hi Navy81

By statics.. do you mean the aircraft on deck?

If so.. what you have to do is add whichever deck setup you wish to use in exactly the same position as the carrier (in AICarriers that is). Here's one example taken from the conf.d file:

[formation.4]
    title=USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 "Launch Cycle" (single)
    unit.0=VEH_CV63, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_CV63_Launch, 0, 0

It looks like you have 2 carriers in the same position but you haven't. VEH_CV63 is the carrier itself and appears in all Kitty Hawk formations. Unit.1=VEH_CV63_Launch, 0, 0 are the aircraft in Launch configuration 'ON DECK'. If you want a different deck setup (lets say crowded deck).. you add Kitty Hawk as above but add .. unit.1=VEH_CV63_Crowded, 0, 0 below it. This will give you a crowded deck

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave,
    That worked. Thought i had that configured properly, but... no. Details.
    I am working on basic paints for both Kitty Hawk and Constellation static aircraft. Once i have Wombraider's permission, i will upload them when complete.

Deke
    Navy 81

No problem Deke When I first looked at the ships in FSX, I thought I'd make a quick formation with a few of them lined up. It was immediately obvious I'd not grasped the 'build' when I looked at them 'in sim' and saw a deck of aircraft without any ship underneath!! D'oh!!

Glad you're up and running
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave - interesting, but i can only get the "crowded" deck option to spawn static aircraft on the deck. I checked the mdl file of the other two in model converter x and all seems okay. In the end, if i try to launch one of the ai carrier formations that has either the "recovery" or "launch" static files, all i get is the good ol' empty Connie. Havent tried that yet with Kitty Hawk as i use the Aerosoft version.

Will keep tinkering. Gotta be something i am missing.

Cheers.
    Deke

Rgr that mate. I'm sure I've looked at launch too but I'll check again

ATB
    DaveB

Deke..

Launch and Recovery work ok too..

Here's what I did to achieve that..
    [formation.XX]
    title=USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 "Launch and Recovery"
    unit.0=VEH_CV63, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_CV63_Launch, 0, 0
    unit.2=VEH_CV63, 500, 0
    unit.3=VEH_CV63_Recover, 500, 0

What do you reckon mate?
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for downloading my carrier. I also updated my Forrestal class. Unfortunately Sim outhouse said both files were too large, otherwise I would have uploaded them here.

I also approve of any repaints to the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    Thanks for downloading my carrier. I also updated my Forrestal class. Unfortunately Sim outhouse said both files were too large, otherwise I would have uploaded them here.

I also approve of any repaints to the aircraft.
    Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put this together and make it available

ATB
    DaveB

It's weird. I have those entries in my ai carriers conf'd file. Everything else "spawns" fine - excep those two. will have to look closer.
    Thanks guys.
    Deke

DaveB, what is causing the ship to bounce? I only noticed jerky ships when I put my frame rate to unlimited. I tried to model the planes on the ship, but it would lock up the sim. You can edit the textures to fix the yellow anchor.

Any other advice/critisims are welcome. I also have the source files to all of my work upon request. I even left the positions text file so you know where the cable/cat zones are.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    DaveB, what is causing the ship to bounce? I only noticed jerky ships when I put my frame rate to unlimited. I tried to model the planes on the ship, but it would lock up the sim. You can edit the textures to fix the yellow anchor.

Any other advice/critisims are welcome. I also have the source files to all of my work upon request. I even left the positions text file so you know where the cable/cat zones are.
    Hello Mate

Don't worry about the bumpy sea. This is a trade-off of an already dubious mesh around the UK made worse (to some degree) by Horizon and GenX. Once you get far enough away from the shore.. things flatten off My default flight starts at Culdrose and I'm not in the air long before I can load AICarriers.. too close it has to be said to avoid these mesh problems.

I'll look at the anchor and dosh a lick of paint over it

ATB
    DaveB

I'm thinking the "yellow" anchors might be an attempt by the ships' creator to duplicate the Navy's Golden Anchor Award, presented to ships with sustained excellence in retention of personnel in the service.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I'm thinking the "yellow" anchors might be an attempt by the ships' creator to duplicate the Navy's Golden Anchor Award, presented to ships with sustained excellence in retention of personnel in the service.

Exactly

Ah.. rgr that guys Never come across this before. We didn't have such things in the RN.. no big 'E'.. no painted medals and certainly no golden anchor. We did have a 'Golden rivet' but the least said about that the better! We had the ships battle honours listed on the ships plaque and that was our lot!

Something learned.. what could be better
    ATB
    DaveB

I Still have no idea why this is but with all these american carriers I seem to be having Major Framerate issues started with the Oriskney a while back and carried on with Midway Forestall and Kitty hawk models the no issue with Lazurus majestic class or any Flying stations carriers it just seems to be the US ones i think the problem is located somewhere near the catapult but i have no idea what it could be but that's where everything grinds to a halt. Shame because they look fantastic.

Hooky

Members who have read this thread: 2