Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Any plans to release this tow vehicle in the future,it looks really cool?
    as scenery? i use it with the aircrafts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ov3.jpg   saab3.jpg   eh4.jpg  

How do you attach it? Is it a scenery library object or did you weld it into the aircraft model?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    How do you attach it? Is it a scenery library object or did you weld it into the aircraft model?
    Weld Into the models

Do you need to have the source code to that?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Do you need to have the source code to that?
    I made some changes in the aircraft, like the viggen, i add the folding rudder, so truck is added in 3d model

Could that model be made into an AI operatable model? That would awesome!

KB

Gary's Progress on scb-125 Essex Boats?

Update is an scb-125 Essex class is done, far superior to oriskany, and good to go. Two caveats:
    1) I need permission from another author for one of the major components
    2) I was working on an invincible class (1982) plus type 21 frigate for DaveB. As a homage to Dave I'm finishing off those models first with support from Henrik to include in his next ai ship package.

cheers
    Gaz
    Gary - desperate to see your improved sisters to your Oriskany model - Hancock or Intrepid will do! Did you ever get the permission mentioned some time ago?

Is there anyway to change the deck and island numbers on the "O" as an interim measure?

Thanks!

Is there anyway to change the deck and island numbers on the "O" as an interim measure?
    Paint over the original numbers and add new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Paint over the original numbers and add new ones?
    Not possible in the original model I made uploaded here as the deck number was hard coded. CIMOGT modified my original and removed the deck number polys and added them as textures (did a good job with the model too) but ran into trouble from the guys at royale French navy for adding deck crew and hanger textures that had come from decompiled versions of their carriers plus a few other bits and pieces from other developers work and unfortunately the link to the model was taken down.

expat let me upload some images and send them to you - think you might like them 😎

Gary

I think I just ran into the same issue with the Oriskany. I need to re-paint it as the Hancock, but couldn't find the appropriate textures.
    If I can get it painted properly.... I plan to try adding SimWorks Studios CEX to it and the Ranger (once CEX is available).

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Not possible in the original model I made uploaded here as the deck number was hard coded. CIMOGT modified my original and removed the deck number polys and added them as textures (did a good job with the model too) but ran into trouble from the guys at royale French navy for adding deck crew and hanger textures that had come from decompiled versions of their carriers plus a few other bits and pieces from other developers work and unfortunately the link to the model was taken down.

expat let me upload some images and send them to you - think you might like them 

Gary
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post

expat let me upload some images and send them to you - think you might like them 

Gary

I am working in my own models of this class, maybe in 2 months i hope it is finished, i not decide the number of the carrier yet

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    I am working in my own models of this class, maybe in 2 months i hope it is finished, i not decide the number of the carrier yet
    Gets my vote - obviously as you and I have discussed on PM - you can still use the Oriskany model itself I didn't have an issue with you modding it.

Cheers
    Gaz

Members who have read this thread: 2