Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I tried to download Warren, but says file does not exist. Ideas?
    Click on the link.
    In the middle of the screen there will be a Download This File tab in gray.
    When you hit that, it should come up with a code to enter.

The download link at the top is not my file and is probably adware.

Tested it, great improvement on the frs! Thanks Warren!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-10-23_20-7-7-103.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I tried to download Warren, but says file does not exist. Ideas?
    Tom,
    Try copying and pasting the link either into firefox or google chrome - I IE9, and i get the "oops! this link appears to be broken" notice. Not so with Chrome.
    Deke

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Tested it, great improvement on the frs! Thanks Warren!

Cees

Awesome! Look forward to more feedback!

I also agree about saving a few FPS with NOT detailing the hangar. That said, I was pretty shocked when I 1st downloaded the "other" freeware carriers that had spaces modeled, brought back a ton of memories for me roaming through knee knockers.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I added the hangars in anyway. They did not change the FPS. It now has less than 10 platform attachments. Which is a WHOLE WHOLE lot less than 2500+

For those that wanted an updated Forrestal class, I am just about done updating it and will be releasing soon. I reduced the platforms, removed the blast shield, and I corrected some errors and reduced the number of textures by a few. I am having ZERO frame errors with it either.

Here is a pic that I just took on the deck of the Constellation. I have my CFG set to take an average of frames. This is after sitting on the deck for a minute.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Testie.jpg   TestieZoom.jpg  
    Last edited by WombRaider78; October 23rd, 2015 at 14:21. Reason: Added an extra pic, zoomed on FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I also agree about saving a few FPS with NOT detailing the hangar. That said, I was pretty shocked when I 1st downloaded the "other" freeware carriers that had spaces modeled, brought back a ton of memories for me roaming through knee knockers.
    Have to admit I have not downloaded this yet, but plan to. Just doing carrier ops in FSX brings back memories for me, but it truly is my favorite FSX activity.

It's interesting (to me at least) how much I choose NOT to reminisce about life aboard a carrier. The sailors nowadays have it a LOT better than I did! We didn t have Internet or satellite phones to contact home. The most we could hope for was a 3 minute ham radio call; having to say "over!" at the end of every sentence!

Showers? I remember Master At Arms standing outside the showers, timing how long we took a shower, and if it was longer than 3 minutes, you risked being written up. The water supply was critical because of steam generation for the catapults. Everything else was secondary.

Just my memories is all! NC

Icon22 2 NewFfiles In the Download Hangar!

I have uploaded both the Kitty Hawk class and the Forrestal class to SoH's download server.

I will also be releasing to Simviation.

hey folks sorry i havent been all over this like i wanted to be. I've been working flat out recently sorry about that Warren I didnt flag the post about the permissions until recently i must have skimmed over it apologies for that looks like you've pretty much nailed it already but if you need them i still have my amended files at your disposal if required. fantasic work

Hooky

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    hey folks sorry i havent been all over this like i wanted to be. I've been working flat out recently sorry about that Warren I didnt flag the post about the permissions until recently i must have skimmed over it apologies for that looks like you've pretty much nailed it already but if you need them i still have my amended files at your disposal if required. fantasic work

Hooky

Let me know what you think about the new version. I also amended the Forrestal Class. But I even went further and did some correcting on all of the models. It is a bit more than just platforms.

Working on 6 boats at once is a pain in the ass! Especially when you have to re-export from GSU to MCX, then re-add the attachments and other stuff. Luckily I have all of the positions saved in text files so it is just a matter of copy/paste the info.

Thanks a lot for your idea! I gave you credit in BOTH uploads.
    Warren

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Nicely done. I put the platforms on Usio's Eagle manually-not an ugly chore at all- which had been rusting quietly in her folder because of FPS death from the zillion+ platforms. While not tight to the deck outline, She's down to four platforms and runs like butter on a hot lobster(uploaded shortly). Check your model after platform export, I noticed MDLX is doubling the platforms in the initial export, they can be zipped out, and it cuts the platform count in half.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    Let me know what you think about the new version. I also amended the Forrestal Class. But I even went further and did some correcting on all of the models. It is a bit more than just platforms.

Working on 6 boats at once is a pain in the ass! Especially when you have to re-export from GSU to MCX, then re-add the attachments and other stuff. Luckily I have all of the positions saved in text files so it is just a matter of copy/paste the info.

Thanks a lot for your idea! I gave you credit in BOTH uploads.
    Warren
    I tested the Forrestal Class Carriers, and I can surely say this is a vast improvement! Landings, take offs and taxiing are very smooth. I noticed somy jumpy behaviour of the plane on the deck of the Ranger? That's one thing that stood out while testing.

Great work!

Cees

Just tested the Kitty Hawk Class too. Smooth sailing.........

I tested the Forrestal Class Carriers, and I can surely say this is a vast improvement! Landings, take offs and taxiing are very smooth. I noticed somy jumpy behaviour of the plane on the deck of the Ranger? That's one thing that stood out while testing.

Great work!

Cees

Just tested the Kitty Hawk Class too. Smooth sailing.........

Are your frames set to unlimited? I only noticed things like that when I had my frames set to unlimited.

Nope. It's set to 24.

Cees

Nope. It's set to 24.

Cees

That is odd. I will look into it.

Taxiing to the back of the ship from the front catapult crashes the plane......

Cees

I have uploaded both the Kitty Hawk class and the Forrestal class to SoH's download server.
    What a great burst of good news! Warren, your work and updates have made a lot of people here very happy, myself included. Thanks for your generosity.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What a great burst of good news! Warren, your work and updates have made a lot of people here very happy, myself included. Thanks for your generosity.
    Hear, hear!

Cees

Thank you very much for this.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Warren, thank you very much for your updates.

Ad of course Deke for the great new textures of the deck planes!

Cees

Taxiing to the back of the ship from the front catapult crashes the plane......

Cees
    Which boat? I just did a few laps on the Forrestal and I did not crash...?

The Ranger.....

Cees

The Ranger.....

Cees
    Have you tried other boats and not had the issue?

Edit:I just did a few laps on the Ranger. I cannot replicate this issue. I have my crash tolerance set to about 65-70%. What is your crash tolerance set to?

Members who have read this thread: 2