Terrain mesh question

Thread: Terrain mesh question

Terrain mesh question

Okay, I have what's probably a stupid question. In FS2004, I bought each mesh resolution from FSGenesis so that there would be a smooth transition in detail as you approached mountains, etc.. Is this necessary in FSX? Can I just use the 10m USA mesh instead of buying both 19m and 10m? Thanks.

Pat

I'm just waking up, so excuse any typos, etc.

In FSX/P3D there is the ability to have all LODs in a single file, where FS9 required a file per LOD. SO if constructed, a FSX file would have all that you need.

Mesh for FS9 will work with FSX, but you could buy FSX based mesh, if you so wanted.

If you were a patient person..., you might wait a shortish period of time to see if , uhm..., any new mesh appeared for sale. New and Improved! Isn't that the marketing hype that a mesh maker might use???

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    I'm just waking up, so excuse any typos, etc.

In FSX/P3D there is the ability to have all LODs in a single file, where FS9 required a file per LOD. SO if constructed, a FSX file would have all that you need.

Mesh for FS9 will work with FSX, but you could buy FSX based mesh, if you so wanted.

If you were a patient person..., you might wait a shortish period of time to see if , uhm..., any new mesh appeared for sale. New and Improved! Isn't that the marketing hype that a mesh maker might use???
    Thanks. I was looking at FSGenesis' 10m mesh. It said it eliminates the plateaus around most airports, sounds good to me. That was always a problem with the 19m mesh in FS2004 as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Thanks. I looked into that, still seems to be working the bugs out. I'm in no hurry to buy anything right now anyway, just looking ahead.

Save for a few bugs due to buggy source data here and there, FreeMeshX is already really good.

Besides, it only costs bandwidth to download. And disk space.

Members who have read this thread: 2