Jules Bianchi

Thread: Jules Bianchi

Jules Bianchi

Has finally passed away -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33578770

Tragic, awful, freak accident has taken a fine young man. Years ago, we were used to such things several times a year. Now, thankfully, rare, which makes it all the worse.

The BBC interviewed Jody Scheckter, for some reason, for his opinions. He said he thought F1 was 'too safe'. Tactless, at best.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Sad indeed.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

im not an F1 fan for reasons i wont post here since yall beat up on me if i do,but when a driver passes away,it allways affects me.my condolences to the family,their suffering is now over..they will grieve his loss,but in time that will turn to memories of him in good times.

but is it bad of me to want to see the video ,if there is any,of the incident?...ive never heard of it and id like to see just what happened,not to be morbid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    but is it bad of me to want to see the video ,if there is any,of the incident?...ive never heard of it and id like to see just what happened,not to be morbid.
    He lost control on the wet and crashed into a crane. Here is the only video footage that shows the crash, and a picture of the result :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_VIW30nIo

http://media.meltyxtrem.fr/pmedia-24...-suzuka-f1.jpg

It had to happen and the Bianchi Family showed great courage and compassion for Jules when they had the support system shut down.
    The decision is very hard to come to terms with but it is a great kindness and brings closure for the entire family..
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hey All,

RIP Jules!

As I recall it was the second time somebody hit a crane there - happened several years before as well. So a freak accident? Not so much. Hopefully F1 has learned from this. Like all racing F1 is mean't to be fundamentally safe. NASCAR learned that with Dale.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Not much for me to add to what's already been said in terms of empathy.
    That being said, when one looks at the incredible crashes over the past 20yrs that F1 drivers have walked away from, it is truly mind boggling...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Not much for me to add to what's already been said in terms of empathy.
    That being said, when one looks at the incredible crashes over the past 20yrs that F1 drivers have walked away from, it is truly mind boggling...
    the link that someone (im sorry i cant remember already and i just looked at the name...sighs) posted..looked to me like the drivers head/shoulders area made contact with the back "bumper" of the piece of equipment. im surprised he made it through the night.

Members who have read this thread: 0