New Italian Bombs

Thread: New Italian Bombs

Icon22 New Italian Bombs

Hi Friends,
    I'm modelling some new Italian bombs and torpedoes in order to upgrade/update the V.1 package .
    I completed a new 800Kgs Bomb and the 630Kgs P.D. Bomb (experimental anti-ship A.P. bomb).
    Actually I'm working on the IO (780lbs) and IP (1100lbs) parachute dropped mines, and on the "FFF Circling Torpedo" (927lbs).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motobomba

Two questions for the CFS "Gurus":

It is possible to simulate parachute dropping in CFS2 and how ?
    It is possible to simulate a torpedo's curved traiectory (as in FFF Circling Torpedo) in CFS2 and how ?

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Friends,
    I'm modelling some new Italian bombs and torpedoes in order to upgrade/update the V.1 package .
    I completed a new 800Kgs Bomb and the 630Kgs P.D. Bomb (experimental anti-ship A.P. bomb).
    Actually I'm working on the IO (780lbs) and IP (1100lbs) parachute dropped mines, and on the "FFF Circling Torpedo" (927lbs).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motobomba

Two questions for the CFS "Gurus":

It is possible to simulate parachute dropping in CFS2 and how ?
    It is possible to simulate a torpedo's curved traiectory (as in FFF Circling Torpedo) in CFS2 and how ?

To my knowledge the torpedos will only go strait.

As far as the parachute goes, that is one that many have tried to do, but have yet to get it to work. Myself included. We can add the Tick18 animation. Beyond that I don't know.

There was a parachute mine that someone started. If it is possible to add a second model that will display once it is drop I'm not sure. It was suggested at one point that a SCASM edit might work. This is still well above what I can do.

Allen might have some ideas. Although I think him and I have talked about this in the past.

I'll help in any way I can.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

WOW

All Italian bombs available are too big to be realistic. It will be a fantastic addition.

Cheers

Pepe

The thing is that Tick18 animation is a loop. I don't have a clue how one would make a chute that opens when dropped.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    All Italian bombs available are too big to be realistic. It will be a fantastic addition.

Cheers

Pepe
    Have you tried the ones that Misson released with Cant Z506 conversion. Once Manuelle has finished the new bombs, they will all go into their own package for re-release.

How does the parachute jumper get its animation? To bad we can't work off of that.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Have you tried the ones that Misson released with Cant Z506 conversion. Once Manuelle has finished the new bombs, they will all go into their own package for re-release.

How does the parachute jumper get its animation? To bad we can't work off of that.
    Finally three nites off. I have all of MVG's file and I'm starting to work on them. I hope to get them finished before this weekend.

I'm waiting them anxiously. The Italian bombs available are too big and this affects aircraft center of gravity!

Cheers

Pepe

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    While you are @ it, find a way for smoke marker rockets to function ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    As far as the parachute goes, that is one that many have tried to do, but have yet to get it to work. Myself included.
    There is an old trick to emulate parachute-retarded or any other retarded bombs. See the Mk.82 "Snake Eye" mod package by Jim Jacobson at Simviation.com :
    http://simviation.com//cfs2misc10.htm

The trick to using the snake eyes is that they are hiding inside the planes body untill you release. The exterior snake bundle dissappears when the all the interior snake eyes are released. The bomb count is only enough for the interior loads and napalm. Be aware of how you release bombs so that you get the open snakes to drop instead of the closed clusters.

Here is an exemple of how to use this trick in the DP, using Jacobson's "Snake Eye" mod :

(...)
    [GUNSTATIONS]
    ;
    gunstation.0=1,-3,2,0.01,1200,5,0.05,25,4,100,1d1*300,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,5.7
    ;
    gunstation.1=2,-1,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    ;
    gunstation.2=3,21,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,500

[guns.0]
    gun.0=640,0,-0.4,8.64,0,0,1,640

[guns.1]
    gun.0=50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

[guns.2]
    gun.0=6,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 <<<----- the number in red has to be equals to the number of retarded bombs you want to be dropped

[HARDPOINTS]
    mount.0=0.2,0.5,-1.5 <<<----- mounts 0 to 5 are set so that the 'retarded' bombs are hidden in the fuselage
    mount.1=-0.2,0.3,-0.75
    mount.2=0.2,0.5,0
    mount.3=-0.2,0.3,0.75
    mount.4=0.2,0.5,1.5
    mount.5=-0.2,0.3,2.25
    mount.6=2.28,-0.65,-1 <<<----- the 'folded' bombs are placed where they should be (under the wings in this case)
    mount.7=-2.28,-0.65,-1

[PAYLOADS]
    payload.0=Guns only
    payload.1=Mk.82 "Snake Eye"

[PAYLOAD.0]

[PAYLOAD.1]
    mount.0=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, -1
    mount.1=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, 0 <<<----- *1*
    mount.2=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, 0
    mount.3=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, 0
    mount.4=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, 0
    mount.5=wep_Mk82Snake_open_1, 1, 0
    mount.6=wep_Mk82Snake_closed_3, 1, 0 <<<----- *2*
    mount.7=wep_Mk82Snake_closed_3, 1, 0

*1* : All the retarded bombs have to be dropped in a single salvo
    *2* : The 'folded' bombs (in this case groupped by 3) have to be dropped in the same salvo, but AFTER the retarded ones (which means they have to be placed on a higher-ranked mount).

When you drop your bombs, the 'retarded' bombs will fall, and after the sixth and last one is out the 'normal' bombs will disapear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snake_eye005.GIF  

Members who have read this thread: 1