Paint Programs - Your Preferences - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint Programs - Your Preferences

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You mean Inkscape, right?

My go-to tool for everything that might require vectors. A bit clumsy to use, but gets the job done.
    Yeah, that's it! lol. it didn't sound write when I typed it, I should have done a search for it, but I was in a hurry.

PSP 8, for more than a decade now.....

Cees

Workaround.......

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I've been using Jasc (now Corel) PaintShop Pro 7 ever since I got into painting and detailing planes in 2004. It's a good program but... it won't open Adobe PhotoShop .psd files which seem to be the standard file format for most airplanes' paint kits nowadays. .......
    As I am a PSP7 user as well I know the problem. A work around is to open the files with Gimp and to save them in psp format. This way I have been able to convert all files I have encountered so far.
    I have considered to switch to Gimp as it is a very sophisticated program, but so far I didn't find to time to get as familiar with Gimp as I am with psp7.

Cheers,
    Huub

Not that I'm an expert painter, terrible in fact, but I switch between GIMP and paint.net. There's also a plugin for paint.net that opens and allows editing of PSD files. I seem to prefer it to GIMP. Maybe that's why I'm terrible at it. :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0