Classic Airplane List for GAS's consideration..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Airplane List for GAS's consideration..

Icon2 Classic Airplane List for GAS's consideration..

Spad 54, here's a list of classic airplanes that seem to me to fit with your type of developments. Of course I know full well that a lot of things go into your decision on what airplanes to design. These are only one person's suggestions.

1. Aeronca 11AC Chief
    2. Stinson 108
    3. Taylorcraft

RD

For my 2 cents:

Keystone-Loening Air Yachts.

The C2H and C4C (K-85) at a minimum.

One of the most popular and practical ships of their kind ever developed.

Icon22

Hi Friends,

After Stampe.... A Caproni Ca.100 ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lb229.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	25006 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ca100iabom.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	25007

A Bellanca Aircruiser would be brilliant. On both wheels and floats. And to continue the bush plane theme, a nice Norseman would also be a treat.

Fleet Biplanes
    Curtiss Seagull
    F4b Boeing
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Icon22

And we're off and running...

RD

Here are some favorites of mine that I have thought for quite some time would be nice to have high-definition/highly-detailed and FSX-native examples of the following (not that I am not encouraged to one day work on any of these myself):

- A set of Waco Cabin Wings
    - A Sikorsky S-39 and S-38
    - Miles Hawk Speed Six
    - Miles Falcon
    - Percival Vega Gull
    - Waco YPF
    - Boeing Model 100
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Here are some favorites of mine that I have thought for quite some time would be nice to have high-definition/highly-detailed and FSX-native examples of the following (not that I am not encouraged to one day work on any of these myself):

- A set of Waco Cabin Wings
    - A Sikorsky S-39 and S-38
    - Miles Hawk Speed Six
    - Miles Falcon
    - Percival Vega Gull
    - Waco YPF
    - Boeing Model 100
    Yes...what he said.

Brian

Oh yes, a Waco SRE would be my favorite, along with the excellent choices suggested above. Is that a beautiful bird or what?

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm it seems we may have to start taking better care of ourselves here at GAS if we are to live as long as these lists may take us! All Great Suggestions Gang....Thanks for your Support!

- Miles Hawk Speed Six
    - Miles Falcon
    - Percival Vega Gull

Holy cats, I feel a vfr european cross-country race in the air!

Sign me up for a WACO SRE. I love those cabin bipes!

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Oh yes, a Waco SRE would be my favorite, along with the excellent choices suggested above. Is that a beautiful bird or what?

I had a RC model just like this photo of the full scale airplane. It developed engine trouble so I swapped it to another member of my club who had an engine for it I had a new engine for the model he traded me.

RD

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    And as we hit the backstretch..............

A Boeing P-26 Peashooter would be very much appreciated by me........

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    - Miles Hawk Speed Six
    - Miles Falcon
    - Percival Vega Gull

Holy cats, I feel a vfr european cross-country race in the air!
    Sounds as if I will have to learn how to convert my FS9 models to FSX native....(they do port over)....maybe that'll be my next but two project....My Proctor I is effectively a Vega Gull series 3 BTW.
    Keith

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    A Boeing P-26 Peashooter would be very much appreciated by me........

Cheers,
    Huub

- Cessna 140.
    - Ercoupe.
    - Luscombe Silvaire.
    - Curtiss JN4D "Jenny".
    - Mooney Mite.

P.S. I've got hundreds of flights of a quarter-scale, radio-controlled Monocoupe 110. I flew it regularly for 15 years and it's now hanging in our garage. So I've been having a lot of
    fun trying out the GAS Monocoupes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    - Cessna 140.
    - Ercoupe.
    - Luscombe Silvaire.
    - Curtiss JN4D "Jenny".
    - Mooney Mite.
    I like that list!

Great Thread!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

There is a fantastic Ercoupe (for free!), with a beautiful and very detailed VC besides, available here: http://www.classicwings.net/erco_ercoupe.html
    Bill Lyon's old Luscombe Silvaire was converted to FSX-native and is available here (of course very dated in appearance): http://www.classicwings.net/luscombe_silvaire.html
    There is a very nice freeware Mooney Mite, by Tim "Piglet" Conrad, complete with a detailed VC, which can be found in the library here and elsewhere.
    There is an FSX-native conversion of the FS9 Jenny, which can be found in the file library here and elsewhere - which I fly regularly. (In fact, between that, the DC-3 and Cub that are already in FSX, and the FS9-to-FSX native conversions available at Classic Wings, you can fly all of the FS9 vintage aircraft in FSX, as FSX-native aircraft, except for the Wright Flyer).
    FlySimWare has a payware Cessna 140.

An FSX-native Ryan SCW would be nice!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

How about a Bristol Bulldog or Gloster Gauntlet? Or an F4B?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    There is a fantastic Ercoupe (for free!), with a beautiful and very detailed VC besides, available here: http://www.classicwings.net/erco_ercoupe.html
    Bill Lyon's old Luscombe Silvaire was converted to FSX-native and is available here (of course very dated in appearance): http://www.classicwings.net/luscombe_silvaire.html
    There is a very nice freeware Mooney Mite, by Tim "Piglet" Conrad, complete with a detailed VC, which can be found in the library here and elsewhere.
    There is an FSX-native conversion of the FS9 Jenny, which can be found in the file library here and elsewhere - which I fly regularly. (In fact, between that, the DC-3 and Cub that are already in FSX, and the FS9-to-FSX native conversions available at Classic Wings, you can fly all of the FS9 vintage aircraft in FSX, as FSX-native aircraft, except for the Wright Flyer).
    FlySimWare has a payware Cessna 140. An FSX-native Ryan SCW would be nice!
    In my humble opinion, you cannot get a better Ercoupe than Full's release from classic wings. Included is one with a "Scrappy II" paint scheme which represents the Ercoupe I once owned back in the late 1980s. His update of Bill Lyon's Luscombe 8A is also a good Luscombe model. I also really like the FlySimWare Cessna 120. SimFlight3D has a great Cessna 140. I bought my first one for FS9. It was the first payware I bought for FSX.

RD

Gosh, so many great planes. One that comes to mind for me is the Boeing Model 80 trimotor.

Members who have read this thread: 1