Lyngvig Lighthouse

Thread: Lyngvig Lighthouse

Lyngvig_Lighthouse.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: CFS2 objects- Lyngvig Lighthouse.
    By John P Fortin (Blood_Hawk23)

Here is a modest creation of the Lyngvig lighthouse in Denmark.
    Lyngvig light was one of two lighthouse used as waypoint markers for the Tondern Raid. The Tondern raid, officially designated Operation F.7, was a British bombing raid mounted by the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force against the Imperial German Navy's airship base at Tønder, Denmark, then a part of Germany. It was the first attack in history made by aircraft flying from a carrier flight deck.

Lyngvig Lighthouse was the last lighthouse built along the west coast of Jutland. It was built in 1906 and lit for the first time on November 3rd. A tragic accident out to sea in 1903, where 24 sailors lost their lives, became the incentive for the build. The 38m tall lighthouse stands on a 17m tall dune; the tower itself it has 159 steps that lead to a balcony with a panoramic view, and there's another 69 steps from the foot of the dune. The lighthouse beacon can be seen for miles – when the sky is clear it can be seen from 50km away.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lyngvig_Lighthouse.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Lyngvig Lighthouse

Hey All,

I've uploaded the Lyngvig Lighthouse. Its in two versions. One with the rotating light and the other without.Both versions are MLOD. Sorry they are not destroyable. Although if you do enough damage to the LyngvigN version the light will go out.

For anyone not familiar with the British Raid on the Zeppelin Base at Tondern, it was the first marker the pilots were to use.

I'm going to release my WWI bell tents real soon. They look OK. Probably could use some more work but I need to get things moving and finished.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Hey All,

I've uploaded the Lyngvig Lighthouse. Its in two versions. One with the rotating light and the other without.Both versions are MLOD. Sorry they are not destroyable. Although if you do enough damage to the LyngvigN version the light will go out.

For anyone not familiar with the British Raid on the Zeppelin Base at Tondern, it was the first marker the pilots were to use.

I'm going to release my WWI bell tents real soon. They look OK. Probably could use some more work but I need to get things moving and finished.
    A very nice scenery object to improve the bare CFS2 world! Was it still there during WWII also, or is it strictly tied to a WWI install?

Thank you, John!

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Nope, it's still there today. You can visit it digitally on the net and see pictures even from the inside - actualle it's quite a tourist attraction and open for visits.
    So if anybody want to use it in a WW2 mission, please feel free to do so.
    Finn

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Nope, it's still there today. You can visit it digitally on the net and see pictures even from the inside - actualle it's quite a tourist attraction and open for visits.
    So if anybody want to use it in a WW2 mission, please feel free to do so.
    Finn
    Thanks Finn!

I just did it! A beautiful site.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lyngvig_fyr.jpeg   Lyngvig_fyr_2.jpg   Lyngvig_fyr_3.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Icon14 Reply...

John,

Sorry about not responding, I've been bedridden because of my legs for a couple of days. You did great work on this, outstanding job!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Lovely work John - thanks a lot.

If you or anyone else wants it, I've made a GSL file of each version so that it can be a permanent fixture as well as a library object.

Cheers,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Lovely work John - thanks a lot.

If you or anyone else wants it, I've made a GSL file of each version so that it can be a permanent fixture as well as a library object.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Thank you Guys.

I can really only take credit for the tower and some odds and ends, The other bits are from the generic lighthouses. Robert John assisted with the rotating light from my original attempt. That model was too poly heavy and didn't match the general shape. This is now a close match for the real light minus the front arch.

Feel free to add it to any GSL work. The light will rotate no mater how its placed. So bear that in mind.

WWII the light may not have been in much use for navigation. Although Germany used the lighthouses as look out. So the unlit version (LyngvigD) would work very nicely for WWII. An interesting note is that very few,if any, lighthouses were hit by the RAF in WWII. The Germans did camouflage some.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Library Staff
    Here are the GSL files for each version placed as close as possible to the actual geographical coordinates (the CFS2 coastline is east of where it should be).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the fyr and the GSL file!
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Members who have read this thread: 0