MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 7
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Yes you are correct Grey Eagle. And Milviz says this is an E model with a radome change. It is intended to just look a bit like a Navy jet. So other than the radome it is all USAF.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    All these Navy paints of the F-4J are nice however, as an former Navy F-J Phantom "ordie" I can tell you that the F-4J's did not have the diagonal light on the tail and I suspect it was the USAF
    F-4D or other USAF variants that did have this diagonal light on the tail.
    This whole business of "slant lights" was discussed many times here, most recently just a couple of posts up.

They're formation lights, aka "slime lights". They were introduced on USAF E models, and never used on Js, but were used late in life on remanufactured S models in Naval and Marine Service. There was a pair on the tail, and a pair in the forward fuselage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	review_05_actual.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	25031

Name:	2883_rd.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	25032

Insofar as the included J "bonus" model, they've stated clearly it's an exterior model shell only - the VC is that of an E, it has the E's A2A refueling (receptacle on spine, not a probe on the stbd air intake, etc. etc.)

And like I pointed out earlier, the whole slime lights business is a moot point - it is toggled to be visible/not visible in the ACM loadout panel. Easy peasy.

They've made it clear this is an E simulation. Us naval nuts have a nice looking J ish model shell until the full blown S model comes out. We either accept its limitations and enjoy it for what it is, or wait until their S model gets released. There's also a payware B model under development also. Or the old FS9 portovers - those are the naval portover options at the moment.

dl

I find this entire discussion of the external model of "E" vs. "J" vs. "S" etc. somewhat entertaining.

While everyone is debating which is which ( is this related to rivet counting?? ) , I'm still trying to master the various systems.

In other words I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work, and how to navigate the friendly skies and land smoothly - in one piece.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Least everyone is getting to learn their A,B and Cs in a fun way

Blog Entries
    Hey Bob et al,

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Very nice! Thanks for this. I haven't had an opportunity to fly the Phantom for a couple days & your new contact points work perfectly!

I set the lift_scalar= 3.0 and pitch_scalar= 1.5 (not changing the drag scalar) and so far as I can tell, there's no real negative impact on handling but it yields a more stable approach to remain on AoA and maintaining the interval.

Sweet! This really does the trick; clean & 30% fuel has me crossing the ramp at 135kts with a good AOA & had made this bird almost pussycat to trap.

So I tried those scalar edits, and they didn't work (at least completely) for me. Because when on a runway takeoff with just t/o flap selected, the flap induces a strong enough lift moment that the mains come up off the ground before the nose gear - very strange.

I tried my own edits, and these seem a bit better for me. A bit more flap lift than stock, but with no/negligible resulting pitch:

lift_scalar= 2.5
    pitch_scalar= 1

I'm no FDE expert, here, not suggesting these conform to reality - just trying to create a bit better control on carrier landings. Also, as has been pointed out, weight (ergo, fuel) should be at a near minimum - around 25% fuel, depending on nearest airfield, etc. Also, dialing in a bit of headwind and sailing the boat into it will help. I'm not there by a long shot though ... lots more FCLP before the CAG lets me back aboard the boat

Name:	TopGun_110Pyxurz.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	25056

Progress! I actually aligned the INS flew to a designated point 240 miles on target2 and then entered the coordinates for home plate and flew home using target1
    This thing is a fuel loving pig with 2 370s and a full compliment of aa missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Progress! I actually aligned the INS flew to a designated point 240 miles on target2 and then entered the coordinates for home plate and flew home using target1
    This thing is a fuel loving pig with 2 370s and a full compliment of aa missiles.
    Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I can get the INS aligned. I have current coordinates as Tgt1 and destination coordinates as Tgt2, but I get no readout on the HSI no matter what switches I activate.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I can get the INS aligned. I have current coordinates as Tgt1 and destination coordinates as Tgt2, but I get no readout on the HSI no matter what switches I activate.
    If everything else is set correctly, the only other thing is to make sure the 'BRGDIST' toggle switch (forward pit, immediately to the lower right of the HSI) is set all the way up to 'NAV COMP'. That should give you course, distance and direction arrow to the target coordinates.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Did You can get ATC (default FSX) from Cold and Dark startup?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If that is directed at me, yes, I made the flight plan prior to loading the phantom cold and dark (or you can go the the menu and reload the FP after the phantom load)

One thing about the HSI, when you move the front cockpit selector to the Nav computer, I did not get the course line, just the pointer and DME readout.

Hi,

We have found and fixed the issue with the stabilator.

The issue with the Sidewinders is now fixed as well.

We hope that we have also fixed the afterburners but we cannot be sure as we were never able to replicate this bug.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    the flap induces a strong enough lift moment that the mains come up off the ground before the nose gear - very strange.
    Good catch DL! I have been flying the J exclusively & doing CAT launches so didn't notice. I just took off from Edwards & experience the same condition of the mains lifting 1st with the trim zeroed.

I will check out your numbers but clearly this is a stop gap till Milviz pleasures us with a full fledged J model.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Very Pleased with the release... and with fixs on the way

Another MILVIZ Classic

Thank you Team Milviz ya done the old Fighter Proud

If your avionics master is off in your default flight, that may account for your HSI issue ( and also lack of ATC).
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    If your avionics master is off in your default flight, that may account for your HSI issue ( and also lack of ATC).
    Nope. That's not it.

With the manual start all the avionics are active. I've always had ATC. But just to test it I just completed a flight and used a programmed hotkey to turn the avionics on and off and there was no change.

Basically I do a short hop from my home field to Boeing Field in Seattle which is about 60 miles to the north. Home field is Tgt1 and Boeing is Tgt2. After following the INS and Nav Computer startup process and switching to Tgt2 as my destination, there is no movement in the localizer to tell me my heading.

I'll keep working at it and maybe get some more guidance from MV.

Thanks
    -- WH

My favorite skin.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Nope. That's not it.

With the manual start all the avionics are active. I've always had ATC. But just to test it I just completed a flight and used a programmed hotkey to turn the avionics on and off and there was no change.

Basically I do a short hop from my home field to Boeing Field in Seattle which is about 60 miles to the north. Home field is Tgt1 and Boeing is Tgt2. After following the INS and Nav Computer startup process and switching to Tgt2 as my destination, there is no movement in the localizer to tell me my heading.

I'll keep working at it and maybe get some more guidance from MV.

Thanks
    Odourboy has a right.

I have as default flight C172 in C&D solution in FSX. If You will have after this F-4E in C&D Your avionics (FSX avionics) dosen't work (nevertheless You will see working gauges in VC of Phantom). You must save a file with "avionic on" or push "Ctrl+E" for working of TACAN and ATC after start the engines / INS system.
    MV promises do this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Odourboy has a right.

I have as default flight C172 in C&D solution in FSX. If You will have after this F-4E in C&D Your avionics (FSX avionics) dosen't work (nevertheless You will see working gauges in VC of Phantom). You must save a file with "avionic on" or push "Ctrl+E" for working of TACAN and ATC after start the engines / INS system.
    MV promises do this in the future.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My avionics are on. My default flight is with the C172. Still, I get no heading with the Phantom HSI after going through all the steps to program the Nav Computer and start the INS.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We have found and fixed the issue with the stabilator.

The issue with the Sidewinders is now fixed as well.

We hope that we have also fixed the afterburners but we cannot be sure as we were never able to replicate this bug.

Thank you.

Kat.
    My Sparrows are brown in P3D, are they fixed too? I never had the stab and Sidewinder problem.

Best regards
    Dag

Hi.

We do not provide support here so if you wish to report a bug or have a comment to make, there is no guarantee that we will respond or even read it.

The brown aim and stab issue has been fixed.

The ctd for FSX steam has been fixed. We are working on the FSX Ctd fix.

These will, with luck, be released on Tuesday.

Thank you.

Kat.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My avionics are on. My default flight is with the C172. Still, I get no heading with the Phantom HSI after going through all the steps to program the Nav Computer and start the INS.
    Same here WH. That's a lotta steps to go through and not have it work. I still haven't discounted the fact that I may be doing something wrong. However, if I am, it is not in the instructions. My avionics are ON, I get a good SYNC lite on the INS panel and I enter the cords for PP in Target 1 and Dest in Target 2. Nav Function Selector toggle below right of HSI is in fill up pos.

What should the MODE selection be? I've been using NAV.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hi.

Did you watch the video tutorial?

https://youtu.be/eHDi-RXT8AI

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Same here WH. That's a lotta steps to go through and not have it work. I still haven't discounted the fact that I may be doing something wrong. However, if I am, it is not in the instructions. My avionics are ON, I get a good SYNC lite on the INS panel and I enter the cords for PP in Target 1 and Dest in Target 2. Nav Function Selector toggle below right of HSI is in fill up pos.

What should the MODE selection be? I've been using NAV.
    As I understand the TGT1 is for Lat/Lon counters and TGT2 is for fixed FSX flight plan (the addons menu->Milviz F-4E->Reload Flightplan).
    Didn't test yet TGT1 or TGT2, just INS set-up, till now I used only TACAN/ADF for navigation (and ILS for landing).

Repaint request

While waiting for the FSX-SE fix, Can someone repaint the J-model as an RAF F-4J(UK) of 74sqn (ZE350/T)
    http://www.sbc.airliners.net/photo/U...oto_album=hide

Is it tacpac enabled? if not will it be?
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Members who have read this thread: 2