MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I can not seem to stear the F-4 like I normally can using my joy stick with other aircraft. I see that there is some kind of desktop control where I can assign
    a keyboard or joystick button for the NWS. Can't this thing just stear to the left/right like the other aircraft when I use my joystick?
    You can set up NWS on/off as a key or button on the joystic/HOTAS. In the real Phantom NWS is on the stick.
    After push NWS You can steer it by pedals like in Cessna ; ).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Repaint subject

If anyone is looking for a repaint scheme, I would love to have one of my old wing, the 56th TFW
    photos are scarce but I found a couple

http://www.tampapix.com/airshow4.htm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/237112...n/photostream/

Essentially all I want is the default south east asia scheme with MC as the tail code in white as in the first photo.
    I don't care for the bicentennial patch or any specific tail number, A blue tail fin stripe would represent my squadron.

The second photo is a bogus gate guard paint job with the wing king multi color stripes and shadowed tail code, but it does show the color blue the tail stripe would be.

Hi,

The MV F-4E Phantom II paint kit is now available. Note that this will ONLY work on the newer versions of Photoshop. It's also fairly complex. It does contain both a E livery set as well as a J livery set.

www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E_Paintkit_071014.zip

Thank you.

Kat.

Thanks Kat!

It seems to load ok in CS4.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Is there another link to try. I get a 404 error on the current link, and the F-4 product page is still showing Available Soon!

Thanks

EDIT:

Never mind! I had to paste it into the address bar in the browser. Got it. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Duckie; July 16th, 2015 at 17:13. Reason: update
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Kat - downloading now. BTW the afterburners are still giving a problem on my rig so I have to use DX9 to phly the Phantom...

DaveQ

PS - Norton 360 shows the mv_mm.exe file (for the ACM) to contain a Trojan and rejects it. Is there any other way to set e.g. the drag chute or NWS??
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi

It's a false positive. Please ignore it.

There is no other way.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Is there any other way to set e.g. the drag chute or NWS??
    For Drag Chute You can use lever in VC (left site near the ejection seat).
    NWS - only keyboard or HOTAS buton.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks YoYo/Kat - sorted.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Paint kit

Does the paint kit include the F-4J? If not, how are the F-4J repaints made?

Does the paint kit include the F-4J? If not, how are the F-4J repaints made?
    Yes it does. However the paint kit is very large and there are lots of things I will revise in terms of detail, e.g., the national insignia normally had red bars not blue, and the stencil set is for the USAF -E model. That having been said the attention to detail in general is truly epic.

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

The MV F-4E Phantom II paint kit is now available. Note that this will ONLY work on the newer versions of Photoshop. It's also fairly complex. It does contain both a E livery set as well as a J livery set.

www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E_Paintkit_071014.zip

Thank you.

Kat.
    Looks like the hyperlink (^) is not complete.

Here is complete hyperlink:

http://www.milviz.com/online_product...kit_071014.zip

Paintkit Question...

Seems the layered textures for the "J" nose are not in the just released paintkit, #071014. Anyone know if that will that be coming or should we make our own?
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    My repaints of the F4J seem to work perfectly in the final release of this beauty. Here is the VF-51 off the Coral Sea.

Where can I get this one at?

Here you go Grey Eagle!! Click HERE
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Here you go Grey Eagle!! Click HERE
    WOW!! Thank you for the paint

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    WOW! Beautiful repaint Zsolt! Have you considered this rare camo scheme:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trap on Big E

It was white knuckles for me but I made a trap #3 wire on the Big "E"
    What a rush!!

Opening The canopys

I can open the pilots canopy using keyboard command of CTRL + E but I cannot seem to find any keyboard command for the Rio's (aft canopy).
    I got lucky in the RIOs cockpit and on the right side forward I found a lever that raised/lowered the canopy. There is a similar lever in the pilots
    cockpit that does the same thing. So it the only way to raise/lower the aft canopy is from inside the aft canopy?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Paintkit Question...

Seems the layered textures for the "J" nose are not in the just released paintkit, #071014. Anyone know if that will that be coming or should we make our own?
    The black radome of the -E is in the SEA camo livery folder in a group called 'face', at the bottom of the stack. Is this what you need? You could repaint that and copy it into the -J livery group. For the RAF ones at least the static ports need adding.

Hope this helps

DaveQ

I can open the pilots canopy using keyboard command of CTRL + E but I cannot seem to find any keyboard command for the Rio's (aft canopy).
    I got lucky in the RIOs cockpit and on the right side forward I found a lever that raised/lowered the canopy. There is a similar lever in the pilots
    cockpit that does the same thing. So it the only way to raise/lower the aft canopy is from inside the aft canopy?
    Ctrl+E? Its a Shift+E and for RiO Shift+E+2.

Last edited by YoYo; July 17th, 2015 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    The black radome of the -E is in the SEA camo livery folder in a group called 'face', at the bottom of the stack. Is this what you need? You could repaint that and copy it into the -J livery group. For the RAF ones at least the static ports need adding.

Hope this helps

DaveQ
    Hi Dave. No, but thanks. I was hoping for a an updated "J" model nose layered texture. It's texture #12. I got an answer on the F-4 forum but I don't understand it and I'm not going to ask again. I realize there's no support for it so I'm working on the beta paint kit texture, but it's a real mess and is Just taking time for me to set it up. Essentially I wil have made a new layered paint kit by the time I'm done, which may be never. Not sure it's worth the time or hassle for me. I took a chance the the "hybrid" J included with the E, which was the only model I was really interested in. My Bad! I should have been more patient and just waited on the "B". Lesson learned.
    Duckie

Members who have read this thread: 2