FsxSE crashing on ending flight

Thread: FsxSE crashing on ending flight

FsxSE crashing on ending flight

Hey guys and gals. Got my buddy to d/l SE and I went ahead and wiped everything I could find of his original install away of the boxed FSX version.

He can start a flight, fly around for a while, and it acts as you would expect. But, when he ends the flight, there is a "fatal error" and the sim crashes.
    Happens about 90% of the time. I think two times it worked properly.

I like how smoothly SE is running on my system. Flight Sim Economy doesn't appear to connect to it, but, I'll research that in a minute.

Any ideas on his crashing issue are welcome.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having the same issue and would also like to know if anyone has a fix for this.

I don't have FsX SE on my pc but Googling the problem brings up a lot of possible issues. The most common seem to be not having the newest drivers, especially for the video card.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I don't have FsX SE on my pc but Googling the problem brings up a lot of possible issues. The most common seem to be not having the newest drivers, especially for the video card.
    I don't know about Mac's friend, but I do have all the newest drivers. I did read somewhere of a fix to the fsx.cfg, but the fix itself was never described. I've also heard that turning off AI traffic soles this issue, and am about to test that theory.

Looking forward to what you find. He is a good sport about it, and still uses the Sim. I built the computer for him, actually was a slightly older quad core system of mine, and I updated all the drivers when I did the new windows install. Uses an older ATI card for video. I'll check and see if there are any newer updates though.

My only issues with steam thus far is I can't get my megascenery to install properly (it did on my buddies computer though) and I can't get the newer Carenado stuff, like the PC-12, to install. Or the Alabeo DA-42.

Don't know if this will help you guys, but..... I got my buddy set up with FSE (flight sim economy) which requires FSX to run in windowed mode. I know that FSE has changed a little in the last few months, or since FSE came out, so I did the windowed mode change on his FSX.

He said it hasn't frozen up since or crashed. He can end a flight or change planes while in a flight.

Hope that helps someone else. Don't have a clue why it "fixed" his.

Members who have read this thread: 0