Native FSX Grumman Mallard - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Native FSX Grumman Mallard

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wellis, the FSX native radial is mapped differently out of necessity. So, any of the paint schemes everyone so graciously did for the FS9 version must be redone for the FSX native version.

We originally wanted to keep them the same but could not in the end.
    No problem, I had anticipated that (and Firekitten had mentioned it) and planned to redo them for the FSX native in any case...just more to keep me busy in retirement. Meanwhile, hopefully the current efforts will still be useful for the FS9 Radial and Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    No problem, I had anticipated that (and Firekitten had mentioned it) and planned to redo them for the FSX native in any case...just more to keep me busy in retirement. Meanwhile, hopefully the current efforts will still be useful for the FS9 Radial and Turbo?
    That is true; nothing has changed on the exterior mapping for the FS9 models.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Marty, that texture is awesome! I look forward to using that on this FS9 model. :-)

Although the radial-based model is in beta, the turboprop FSX native model will be a while yet as the VC must be modified with turboprop gauges yet to be programmed.

Marty is flying the FS9 model here to demonstrate his textures. The FSX native TP will be much nicer, thank you LDR.
    Thank Milton,
    This screen is taken with P3Dv3 we see that the spinner is matt instead of being with a metalic reflection;
    Regards
    Marty

FS9 models do not take alpha channels in P3d3... its a bug, but with compatibility drifting away from fs9 aircraft, it's going to happen sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    FS9 models do not take alpha channels in P3d3... its a bug, but with compatibility drifting away from fs9 aircraft, it's going to happen sadly.
    sadly indeed. Looks like I will be hanging in Fsx a good deal longer than anticipated. Thought it was my p3d graphics setup .

...So only Fsx-native MDL will shine in p3d? Or is it more complicated?

just fsx models onwards really.

aha, thanks for the confirmation.
    Hope the Lodestar gets a shot at fsx conversion!
    She's my favorite plane these days, what a great metal base :- )

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Testing the Grumman Mallard...
    Q9650-o/c 4.2GHz, Nvidia 285, 4GB Viper Ram
    Results:
    smooth on FSX Gold 31fps avg
    Very lovely job on the modelling/texturing/entire aircraft team!

And that Corona paint!!!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Happy Christmas Folks!!!!!!!!!!

I just uploaded the FSX Grumman Mallard to the library as a Christmas present for SOH members. It should be available just as soon as the Admins can clear it.

Hope you enjoy flying her as much as we enjoyed building her.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...20664&catid=33

Happy Christmas to all.

Larry

Thank you very much, this is a very awaited christmas present for me

the weight is over loaded when you load the plane I Like the little warning popup when i load the plane saying its over weight

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thank you for this wonderful Christmas gift this morning. Now off to warmer climates. '-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    the weight is over loaded when you load the plane I Like the little warning popup when i load the plane saying its over weight

You have to read te manual. teh extra fuel tanks are the bilges and have to be emptied, its in the other post which is why its over weight. Nicely done though.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Hi All,

Ah, those beautiful Grumman Amphibians.
    Here is an idea for a paint for the Mallard. It is a photo of an original Grumman lithogragh that hangs on my wall. This particular paint job would most likely have been either a real life paint job or one they were considering for the Mallard.

Would love to see this one come to life.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4640.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	33121

Mal, I really like the sort of school bus yellow with black scheme. Hope someone does a paint odd it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hiya Ol friend! Happy Holidays Lee, to you and your's.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just messing around with GIMP and one of the default paints . .

how to do a screenshot on a pc

screen shot pc

Heading for "St. Somewhere"

Members who have read this thread: 1