RNZAF repaint for FSAddon's Hudson Mk. III 'NZ2013'

Thread: RNZAF repaint for FSAddon's Hudson Mk. III 'NZ2013'

RNZAF repaint for FSAddon's Hudson Mk. III 'NZ2013'

Hi, folks!

Jan Kees Blom already did a NZ2013 repaint on Alphasim's (meanwhile rather outdated) model some years ago.
    I thought it was time to roll FSAddon's marvellous FSX Hudson rendition into my humble paint shed. This is was I have so far:

More of Wigram's exhibit can be found here:
    http://www.cambridgeairforce.org.nz/...ft_ANZHall.htm

Unfortunately, this bird is suspended in the hangar in a rather less photogenic manner, although some images can be found on flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/philri...ream/lightbox/
    I've positioned the camouflage chunks as close as possible to those pics whereas the rest, especially on the upper surfaces, is pure guesswork...

While doing further research on this bird, I've found some real useful information about the colours used:
    "RNZAF Museum Hudson Scheme
    The RNZAF Museum studied paint original samples when they painted their beautiful and immaculate Lockheed Hudson that is now on display in the Museum. Jane Provan of the RNZAF Museum kindly supplied me with the data on the paint that they used.
    The Pacific Blue colour of the camouflage was found to be a mixture of two Federal Standard colours, FS 25109 and FS 36118 Medium Gunship Grey
    The Green was also a mix, of FS 34092 Dark Green and FS 34096
    The underside colour was the standard Sky Type S "

Source: http://www.cambridgeairforce.org.nz/RNZAF%20Paint.htm

Stirring those "mixtures of Federal Standard colours" by creating a colour gradient of both and then eye-dropping the average value was the easy part of this job.

But what about the roundels?
    They are said to be "FS.25056 when fresh - weathered to FS.35109 > 35190", source: http://rnzaf.hobbyvista.com/rnzaf_paints.html .
    Hard to decide which one to take...

On the screenies above, the left wing roundels show the "fresh" shade FS.25056, the right wing the "weathered" FS.35109, whereas the fuselage roundel sports FS.35190.
    Considering this repaint to match a rather pristine condition (as an imaginary airworthy exhibit instead hanging lame on wires like the real one...), I'd tend to take the (left wing's) 25056.
    On the other hand, judging from the photographs on flickr, at least the fuselage roundels appear much lighter, but this can be due to the lighting in the hangar and/or image editing.

I think it's time for a second (third or fourth...) opinion concerning the right roundel shade.
    Any suggestions appreciated!

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking Superb Markus , myself and Adrian Petford did some head banging and yoga taken photo's , I did another batch , I'll up the photo's , second time Barf had the lights turned on but very sure it was the lighter blue.

Icon5

Was this ever finished and released??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Wow... That is Wonderful!!

WarHorse47
    Was this ever finished and released??
    Never really gave this model a chance and now having dusted it off - following some FSAddon Hudson posts at the SOH recently - I am quite keen to have this RZAF paint for some Solomon's patrols. Is it available?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Bump. Would like to have that paint if anyone has it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0