JF DC-6B Repaint

Thread: JF DC-6B Repaint

JF DC-6B Repaint

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if there exists an Eastern Airlines repaint for JF's DC-6B. I think this particular paint was one of the prettiest ever done for an airliner. If none exists, I wonder if any of our excellent painters be willing to do one? If so, that would sure be appreciated.

BTW, Eastern is actually in the process of making a comeback, currently flying charters as they ramp up for commercial service.

The best flight I ever had was on an Eastern Airlines Champagne flight. I think it was an A300. It was so good I wrote the CEO of Eastern and complimented the crew on a great flight. To my total surprise, I received a thank you note, hand signed by then CEO, Frank Borman. I still have the letter. Ah, the good old days.

Now wouldn't that be amazing to see them back in the air. Go Eastern!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EasternDC6B__92966_zoom.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	24227

Hello,

As far as I know, no, there isn't.
    Only a handful of skins do exist for the JF DC-6..

I did a few meager attempts myself, but with mixed results. Search for Atlantique Air, or Braniff Airways DC-6B on FlightSim, or in the SOH library.

The model is virtually un-paintable, with multiple modelling and mapping errors.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Hello,

As far as I know, no, there isn't.
    Only a handful of skins do exist for the JF DC-6..

I did a few meager attempts myself, but with mixed results. Search for Atlantique Air, or Braniff Airways DC-6B on FlightSim, or in the SOH library.

The model is virtually un-paintable, with multiple modelling and mapping errors.

- Joseph
    Concur...

The viscount, DC3 and the DC6 are the same when it comes to painting, they are not painter friendly, for the time and effort that goes in and for the end result, its not really worth the hassle and time spent

However there are some paints out there for these models, many kudos to the guys who persevered with them. Me and many others have given up

A little wet outside Sooooo .. a DC-6 , I got sidetracked with my paints 'T.E.A.L' and well had to be done the 'City of Christchurch' for the R6D of VR-22 , give me something to tinker around with tonight

Re-installed the JF DC-6 and a quick hop , returning to NZCH in the T.E.A.L /come Air New Zealand DC-6 .. maybe a starter for other Schemes

OK guys,
    thanks for the responses. Too bad that this plane (and others) are so hard to paint. Just goes to show how important proper paint kits and mapping are towards producing a successful product.

I am not altogether sure that the DC6 has not been "successful". I see Ian seems to manage perfectly well.

Thanks Barry, I'm yet to do a flap some reason I flipped it upside down .. easy fixed , course I have a USAF aircraft , used during 'Operation Deep Freeze' Sep 1957 and the aircraft was honoured with the name 'City of Christchurch' ... got a little tied up with other projects a whiles back.

Wow Ian.That is a great looking TEAL paint.
    Will you be uploading it anytime?

Regards.

Anthin.

Anthin , I better hook into it get it out in the next day or so.

Here's the aforementioned;

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 0