Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Hybrid View

Icon14 Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

They have posted this picture on their Facebook page

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Oh man, between A2A and Milviz with the Commanche, the MU-2, and now the Beaver........dang my wallet is going to be empty

thats cool...is that float system more accurate to the removable type? never seen that before..its pretty cool

I've been waiting for a Beaver for so long Timo. Never went to the Aerosoft Beaver, but this might find a Place in my hangar.

I would hope that they'll remove the Stock Landing Gear from the fuselage...

EDIT: daveroo -- While it may give the Beaver an 'interesting' look, it isn't a realistic configuration.

Alan

Hi,

There will be three and possibly four options for gear:

regular

tundra

floats

maybe ski's

Thank you

Kat.

very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hope it's a good as the FSX default Beaver!

Great news, a must-have!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I have been secretly hoping for some time that someone would pick up the DHC2. Rob Young doing the FDE is a great reason to buy...

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Last year Aerosoft announced a Beaver Extended for 2015, although no current indication of progress beyond 'not forgotten'.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.
    Good point, I've also noticed the 'one-way traffic' from FSX to X-Plane. Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!
    Exaxtly. Its impressing how the FSX "industry" always has to play safe with releases of the same old story again and again. (Highwing cessnas, Lowwing Pipers, Alaska and eastcoast US scenery etc. etc. etc. zzzzzz)
    The Cessnas, Pipers, Beavers are important, but how many do we need?
    Ahhh and that DHC-3 otter is a beauty. We need a classic single engine bushplane that is bigger than the Beaver.

Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I was wondering about that nose too
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The eye can sooooo easily be deceived... seeing isn't the same as perceiving... plus screen aspect ratios, viewing angles etc. can play tricks... BUT, I've gotta concur there is something just not quite right about that nose/cowling/windshield...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Indeed, seeing the model on the screen can sometimes lead to incorrect perception. For example in case of high zoom values, unusual angle of view etc...
    But it's nice to see Milviz is listening to the various feedback.

I hope they do not fall into the 'midget pilot' trap..

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

Thanks for the feedback sir. Good to hear, as I would really love to have this for shooting those backcountry airstrip approaches and lakes...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Milviz say that close examination of the nose contours against reference material showed that it is correctly modeled. Apparently a number of Beavers were modified with about 12-18 inches extension in the engine area. According to one of our Beaver pilots, this helped with balancing of additional structural weight in the aft section for equipment like the "Alaska door" and additional payload. MV are not modelling such versions. Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials. Still the windshield and pilot are going to be fixed. Thank you all for your constructive comments.

Dimus-

Please let the team know how much this particular aircraft is looked forward to! For Alaskan meanderings this will fit the bill superbly (if the FDE is equal to the visuals). For me, there is only one such single GA a/c at the moment- the SibWings An-2. I shall be most pleased if this Beaver gives her a run for her money

Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post

Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....
    IIRC, Rob Young was working on the flight model. If that's the case, then the FDE ought to be pretty stellar.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Direct from the "man" about the 'Beaver' and a short comment about the '350i' that just warmed the cockles of my heart http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreak...er#commenting=

Members who have read this thread: 0