Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I was wondering about that nose too
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

The eye can sooooo easily be deceived... seeing isn't the same as perceiving... plus screen aspect ratios, viewing angles etc. can play tricks... BUT, I've gotta concur there is something just not quite right about that nose/cowling/windshield...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Indeed, seeing the model on the screen can sometimes lead to incorrect perception. For example in case of high zoom values, unusual angle of view etc...
    But it's nice to see Milviz is listening to the various feedback.

I hope they do not fall into the 'midget pilot' trap..

But they did. Pilot way short, Can't even see over instrument panel .

As it was before, some of parts will be corrected, thx for Your feedback and falcon's eye!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo-

Can you say, how does she FLY??

C

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

The pilots will be fixed as well.

I would appreciate if I were asked for permission before using my images or part of them.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Beaver FDE is being tested and revised as necessary. I believe we have some Beaver pilots on the team. Again, these images should be labeled WIP. I've been more focused on testing a different aircraft for MV but this one is coming along very nicely!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Considerable real Beaver experience exists in the testing team offering valuable insight. It's a real pleasure to test this iconic workhorse.

Rick & Dimus-

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to read....

C

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

Thanks for the feedback sir. Good to hear, as I would really love to have this for shooting those backcountry airstrip approaches and lakes...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Milviz say that close examination of the nose contours against reference material showed that it is correctly modeled. Apparently a number of Beavers were modified with about 12-18 inches extension in the engine area. According to one of our Beaver pilots, this helped with balancing of additional structural weight in the aft section for equipment like the "Alaska door" and additional payload. MV are not modelling such versions. Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials. Still the windshield and pilot are going to be fixed. Thank you all for your constructive comments.

Dimus-

Please let the team know how much this particular aircraft is looked forward to! For Alaskan meanderings this will fit the bill superbly (if the FDE is equal to the visuals). For me, there is only one such single GA a/c at the moment- the SibWings An-2. I shall be most pleased if this Beaver gives her a run for her money

Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post

Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....
    IIRC, Rob Young was working on the flight model. If that's the case, then the FDE ought to be pretty stellar.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Direct from the "man" about the 'Beaver' and a short comment about the '350i' that just warmed the cockles of my heart http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreak...er#commenting=

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

I know a few "midgets", or "size challenged", they would be really upset at this comment. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I think i'd better shut up next time...

Btw, if short people would be upset about something it would certainly be by this scene. Warwick Davis certainly isn't...

https://youtu.be/2yCx3etQdl0

( i've seen all episodes of 'Life's Too Short' by Ricky Gervais and Warwick Davis on Netflix and can wholeheartedly recommend the series )

Looking forward to seeing the windshield modifications. It looks like Milviz had already improved on the Soulmade model, as the windshield on that model (at least with reference to the model portrayed in the promotional video on x-plane.org) is essentially flat with a vertical split down the middle. The left and right panes of the windshield have quite a marked angle between them, maybe 160° or so, which is certainly not the case in the Soulmade.

I have been reading and looking at a lot of material regarding the DHC-2 since Friday, I just can't get beavers out of my head... (sorry about that).
    It is one of the aircraft I most like to see (although there are so few around my neck of the woods), along with the DC-3/C-47, Spitfire, and T6 Harvard/Texan...

It would appear that I have a thing for Wasps... who cannot have a thing for Merlins?

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Colin made it pretty clear on ADX. No two Beavers are the same...
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

.... a four laugh out of me !

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    IIRC, Rob Young was working on the flight model. If that's the case, then the FDE ought to be pretty stellar.
    Rob's stuff is indeed stellar! Glad to hear he still has time for FS projects. Thoughts with him and Sean/Carla.

Best- C

Few new shots and lighting in VC.
    Cockpit is very well done!

WiP.
    Last edited by YoYo; March 5th, 2017 at 12:56.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0