Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Ooooo, niiiiice! I'm in!

I'm stilling holding out for an AL1 though.... Fingers crossed!!!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Keeping hope (for an AL1) alive, here is a shot of one doing a steep approach into RAF Brize Norton in '68. Note the Decca Navigator on the starboard instrument panel.

... and here is another releasing a stick of 25lb bombs over the Radfan...

I am really impressed with the latest screens. My queries about the windscreen shape have been answered. This is on my short list...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Keeping hope (for an AL1) alive, here is a shot of one doing a steep approach into RAF Brize Norton in '68. Note the Decca Navigator on the starboard instrument panel.

... and here is another releasing a stick of 25lb bombs over the Radfan...
    love that! an attack beaver!

Looking absolutely great.

Cheers Chris

Thanks for the updates! This is one I will purchase Day One... we will be able to fly to a hub in the PMDG DC-6 (soon) and then to our get-away in this DHC-2.... nirvana for us here at SOH... Alaska beckons...

C

Bombing up an AL1 in the Radfan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo06_1_565.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	48426

Another shot of an AL1 fitted with bomb racks, in this case used for a supply drop of ammunition...

Standard wheel version preview. Mk.1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Patiently waiting for this beauty.

Mmmm, are you sure about the shape of the blue paint on the cowling?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Sorry to be the 'wet blanket' but Milviz on Facebook says yet another month delay - unforeseen problems.

Well in my opinion that is a huge improvement for milviz.

They are being honest and keeping their customers informed.

Well done Milviz(never thought I'd be saying that.)

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Sorry to be the 'wet blanket' but Milviz on Facebook says yet another month delay - unforeseen problems.
    Be nice if they said that on their forum. Does the world only exist on Facebook and Twatter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Be nice if they said that on their forum. Does the world only exist on Facebook and Twatter?
    Can you imagine the school system we grew up with if Facebook and Twitter were available in the fifties. I can just see a video of me getting 'six of the best' - talk about viral.

Can you imagine the school system we grew up with if Facebook and Twitter were available in the fifties. I can just see a video of me getting 'six of the best' - talk about viral.
    I was finishing college right when facebook went primetime... Wish I never heard of it. I wish we never had smart phones either.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

What's really sad, is that 3 or 4 weeks after its release, it will be old news and people will be looking for the next shinny toy. There is really quite the spectacular Antonov An-2 sim from Sibwings Lab that's worth trying out before the Bev get's released.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    The pilot still appears too small!
    No, he is ok now. It was corrected. http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/...9474.jpg?v=v40 .

Btw. funny :

Fake?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No, he is ok now. It was corrected. http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/...9474.jpg?v=v40 .

Btw. funny :

Fake?
    It appears that the pilot is leaning forward (probably watching where he is going while taxing) so therefore he would be smaller/shorter than what he would be if he was seated in his natural flying position.

I could bang all day in regards to human pivot points/ergonomics and scales -its part of my job. But if you have fully investigated the seating and scale of the pilot In this model? I will take your word for it and have to live with it. In my opinion it looks wrong.

btw.. Is the cluttered Beaver going to part of the package?

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    What's really sad, is that 3 or 4 weeks after its release, it will be old news and people will be looking for the next shinny toy. There is really quite the spectacular Antonov An-2 sim from Sibwings Lab that's worth trying out before the Bev get's released.
    Agreed! I strongly feel the An-2 is the very best single engine pseudo-GA aircraft ever done for Flight Simulation! I'm hoping that with Rob Young doing the FDE, this one will be as good..... we shall see... nothing else has come close yet.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    The pilot still appears too small!
    Not everybody is Hugey McGiantfeet.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Love the AN-2 and fully agree with your rumination. a BOATLOAD of simmers I know are more like collectors, rarely getting even 20 hours in any new purchase.

If I anticipate flying a new aircraft in a dedicated fashion, getting to know its uniqueness (like the Beaver), I have no problem waiting for the dev to "get it right" so my hours of experience will be in a functional and mature release.

Originally Posted by dvj

Love the AN-2 and fully agree with your rumination. a BOATLOAD of simmers I know are more like collectors, rarely getting even 20 hours in any new purchase.

If I anticipate flying a new aircraft in a dedicated fashion, getting to know its uniqueness (like the Beaver), I have no problem waiting for the dev to "get it right" so my hours of experience will be in a functional and mature release.

you both hit the toe on the head perfectly.i was one of the "OOOOOOOOh shiny " camp,i have even been collecting new planes when i didnt have a pc to fly on,buy,leave all the info in the emails and then when i got the new pc,add them all to my install,now im sorry i did that...got so many it takes forever to load,even with every thing (planes and scenery) on a second drive....and ive only flow two of my new birds...

Float version (still WIP, and model still in beta)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Members who have read this thread: 0