Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Having money to spare is kind of a curse. "Oh hey, aircraft xyz is on sale!"...and twenty hours worth of modifications later, I can finally fly it. Granted, they do get quite some use afterward, but the way there is always very time intensive.
    I've still got a larger three holer that's nothing but a hangar queen because between all the other stuff and actually flying other (modded) aircraft, I simply do not have time to bring it up to my specifications.

No argument, this will be good - just hoping the extra dev time can allow for P3D-developed tool-tips to display properly in the FSX model (a really basic function not available in the Bobcat as far as I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Having money to spare is kind of a curse. "Oh hey, aircraft xyz is on sale!"...and twenty hours worth of modifications later, I can finally fly it. Granted, they do get quite some use afterward, but the way there is always very time intensive.
    I've still got a larger three holer that's nothing but a hangar queen because between all the other stuff and actually flying other (modded) aircraft, I simply do not have time to bring it up to my specifications.
    amen, my discerning brother. I gave up comparing aircraft add-ons to their respective real world POH unless it is an addon I am willing to make a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    btw.. Is the cluttered Beaver going to part of the package?
    No but.... :

Last edited by YoYo; March 25th, 2017 at 08:14.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    What's really sad, is that 3 or 4 weeks after its release, it will be old news and people will be looking for the next shinny toy. There is really quite the spectacular Antonov An-2 sim from Sibwings Lab that's worth trying out before the Bev get's released.
    An-2? I expect MV Beaver will be head and shoulders above An-2.
    I recently had to reinstall FSX. I had purchased the An-2 and sent them order number and all info to validate, and asked for a down load link so I could reinstall An-2. Sibwings didn't reply. Then I went to there forums and discovered that there are many unhappy pilots there, because Sibwings isn't responding to help request.

Yes, the An-2 is an interesting bird, but Sibwings has really come up short for support. I'm not about to pay again for An-2 I already paid for.

Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Spirit View Post
    An-2? I expect MV Beaver will be head and shoulders above An-2.
    I recently had to reinstall FSX. I had purchased the An-2 and sent them order number and all info to validate, and asked for a down load link so I could reinstall An-2. Sibwings didn't reply. Then I went to there forums and discovered that there are many unhappy pilots there, because Sibwings isn't responding to help request.

Yes, the An-2 is an interesting bird, but Sibwings has really come up short for support. I'm not about to pay again for An-2 I already paid for.

Eagle
    Reads like you have more of a re-install problem than a problem with the AN-2 sim. My original point is that folks get so impatient on new aircraft that once they are out, in a few weeks the new is gone and they are looking for the next highly anticipated release. I found the An-2 a delightful bush plane while I wait for the Beaver.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

You read correctly.

I didn't say I have/had a problem with An-2 itself. I do have a problem with Sibwings for their lack of support, re: me and the forums.

Thought you might be advertising for sibwings, or perhaps have a "special interest" .

Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Float version (still WIP, and model still in beta)

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the amphibian...

A

Looking forward to hearing the sounds. I hope the takeoff blade sound has made it into the soundset as well as the change in sound occurring on prop pitch angle without changing throttle... a must in any constant speed prop...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    No argument, this will be good - just hoping the extra dev time can allow for P3D-developed tool-tips to display properly in the FSX model (a really basic function not available in the Bobcat as far as I know).
    To be clear, proper tooltips are coded into the Bobcat. It is the sim which does not display some of them...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    To be clear, proper tooltips are coded into the Bobcat. It is the sim which does not display some of them...
    With respect, Bill the fact they are coded counts for nought if they are not available to the paying customer.

As for blaming the sim, I have hundreds of FSX add-ons, freeware and payware (including 3 Milviz products). I can count on one hand the number that don't display tooltips - and of those, the Bobcat is the only payware model.

It's not a deal-breaker, and the Bobcat is otherwise a nice product - I'm just hoping Milviz do not come up short in this regard when it comes to the Beaver release.

How is an airplane maker supposed to get around FSX' inherent limitation to NOT display tooltips in DirectX 10 fullscreen mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    With respect, Bill the fact they are coded counts for nought if they are not available to the paying customer.

As for blaming the sim, I have hundreds of FSX add-ons, freeware and payware (including 3 Milviz products). I can count on one hand the number that don't display tooltips - and of those, the Bobcat is the only payware model.

It's not a deal-breaker, and the Bobcat is otherwise a nice product - I'm just hoping Milviz do not come up short in this regard when it comes to the Beaver release.
    Explain this then if you can.

This tooltip works:
    Code:
    <TooltipText>Aileron Trim (%((A:AILERON TRIM PCT,percent))%!d%%!)</TooltipText>
    This one does not:
    Code:
    <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_ENG1_COWL_FLAPS_PERCENT</TooltipID>
    The first is a "custom tooltip" whereas the second is a "default tooltip". If anything, one would expect the first to be problematic, but the second one is part of the SDK coded by MS themselves!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I'm not running DX10, so FSX limitations there are irrelevant (to me).

I know nothing about coding or why one line works and another doesn't. I just know prior to the Bobcat release, Milviz (along with some 99% of payware and freeware developers) could produce FSX add-ons with VCs where tooltips displayed just fine.

I'm not meaning to ruffle anyone's feathers, just saying I hope the new Beaver comes with good old viewable tooltips for those of us running good old FSX.

Any news on the delay? I for one am waiting for and dreaming of this one.....

Carl

I can provide a quick update , we were in the process of adding tooltips having finished with the electrical system. A new beta was released last Friday to test these updates and we added some new texture sets to allow high detail painting of the various spinners optional on the different prop types.

Speculation about the release date , one word ... Soon .. to quote the Boss , we want the Full Monty, meaning the very finest example of this mainstay of bush flying ...

Best CJ

Wow, great news!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Brilliant news, ta!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    I can provide a quick update , we were in the process of adding tooltips having finished with the electrical system. A new beta was released last Friday to test these updates and we added some new texture sets to allow high detail painting of the various spinners optional on the different prop types.

Speculation about the release date , one word ... Soon .. to quote the Boss , we want the Full Monty, meaning the very finest example of this mainstay of bush flying ...

Best CJ

CJ & YoYo-

How's the Beav doing this week?

Best- Carl

Full system model done , sent to testers Thursday and its feature set is completed , refinements to the Flight Dynamics and cosmetic elements are the remaining in the runup to release.

Best CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Full system model done , sent to testers Thursday and its feature set is completed , refinements to the Flight Dynamics and cosmetic elements are the remaining in the runup to release.

Best CJ
    Thanks Chuck! Very much looking forward to this one.... Rob's work tends to be superlative....

Best- Carl

http://milviz.com/flight/

The Beaver's officially on their home page banner! Hopefully she'll be along soon.... any beta pilot feedback? Rob turns out amazing FDEs and I'm hopeful this one will be his piecè de résistance!

Best- Carl

I wish they were doing a straight float version. Many more Beavers are on straight floats than amphibs. That's a deal breaker for me. I hope they make that version down the line, maybe as an add-on.

Don

On Friday their FB page said it was coming in 6 days. Fingers crossed.

Yup, 25th May. An Argentine connection perhaps?!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Excellent news!

If we're that close... can anyone expound on the flight model (FDE)? I'm thrilled with the visuals, but I fly the FDE.... so that's where the rubber meets the road... for me at least.

i would very much appreciate any insight on how she FLIES.

Best- Carl

PS- Kat, Wither art thou?

Members who have read this thread: 0