Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Looks fantastic. I'm so hoping it is properly optimized and runs well in FSX. Sim performance and resource usage is usually the deciding factor for me in pulling the purchase trigger.
    I think this becomes particularly important with this bird as it is often flown over densely forested areas and in foul weather; one would like to think this sort of sim usage would be anticipated and the product designed accordingly.

The cockpit looks great! As I would expect it from Milviz. That's a sure buy for me.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The beta is looking fabulous! Am really excited to fly the Beaver.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I too am looking forward to this one. Even more so since finding out Rob Young is doing the FDE. Can KAT please verify this for me? If so it will be a release day buy!

Ta!

Carl

Yoyo - I noticed in one of the shots (bottom of last thread with pictures) that there is a greenish tint on the windscreen of the Alaskan Beaver. Can you confirm or negate that, please, or is it just an angled lighting shot? Only side windows had tints on them. Thanks!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Yoyo - I noticed in one of the shots (bottom of last thread with pictures) that there is a greenish tint on the windscreen of the Alaskan Beaver. Can you confirm or negate that, please, or is it just an angled lighting shot? Only side windows had tints on them. Thanks!

Don
    This effect depends from the angle but MV Team working on it also.
    It isn't the final version.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks, Yoyo. This can be an option, I found out, but it is RARE! VERY rare. The vast majority had clear fronts, and if tinted, sides only. Looking forward to it!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    I too am looking forward to this one. Even more so since finding out Rob Young is doing the FDE. Can KAT please verify this for me? If so it will be a release day buy!

Ta!

Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post

We've asked Rob Young of Realair to do the FDE for this plane.

Colin says you might want to keep that card handy.

Thank you.

Kat.

I know Katoun frequents these parts... so Kat, could you please confirm he accepted? If you want us to salivate even further, a couple of more screenies, or tales of testing progress would not go amiss....

Ta!

C

Check the Milviz Facebook page (no Facebook login needed). Oisin (Osh) has taken over for Kat. You will likely need to ask your question there or wait for Osh to show up here.

No need to wait. I can confirm that Rob Young is doing the FDE for the Beaver.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Bill-

That is fantastic news- ta!

Carl

The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.
    There was going to be a pre Christmas release.
    In January it was being beta tested and would be released soon.
    After a member posted some pre release pictures here it appears that the windscreen shape was wrong and the pilot too small.There was also debate about the shape of the nose.
    Three weeks ago we were informed that all that was left was to write the ACM.
    Now we are informed that the FD is ongoing.(Why the use of all these abreviations I do not Know)
    I assume this is the flight dynamics.
    I understood that the flight dynamics were being done by John Young of Realair and was assured by many members that he was one of the best and that he had completed this task .

Cheers Chris

"The best things come to those who wait"?! Discuss...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

VirtualCol has a "nice" Otter if you are getting impatient for a Beaver done correctly (and with the feedback of the community).

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.
    This is a pretty silly statement. Often timelines can stretch, and stretch, and stretch on these projects. Cumulative between modelling, texturing, audio engineering. The CODE my lands the CODE. Not to mention the Flight Dynamics. There's 1,000's upon 1,000's of hours put into a project like this. Those are often un-paid hours, as often the developers contracted to do the work get paid on a % after the project is complete.

So if you had worked nearly 25 weeks full time, or perhaps longer without pay, on some item of this project, would you want to come into a forum where someone is arm-chairing the game and telling you that it's taking too long?

I understand, some folks around here are worried that they might succumb to age, or radical Islam, or some horrific fate before Colin gives us his Beaver. And this may be true. There may be some casualties. But as developers we must chalk that up to part of the gig. These things take time.

The word that Rob Young is in fact doing the Flight Dynamics is great news. He's the best of the best. It makes this a sure purchase.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Now we are informed that the FD is ongoing.
    May I ask where did You find this news?
    This post/question and answer was from ... 2015 when this project was started.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

[QUOTE=speedy70;1072853]The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.
    There was going to be a pre Christmas release.

Unfortunately in this day and age it is more fun to be negative. It is really sad since we have so many good things.

My opinion.

Tom

YoYo sim I got the information from Colin Pearson on his website Milviz today.

I am trying not to be negative but the replies I get are all negative and in my opinion brush off,s to my questions.

It is Rob Young, by the way my mistake in calling him John Young.

Please read the work in progress forum for the beaver at Milviz and see what you think.

Cheers Chris

YoYo sim I got the information from Colin Pearson on his website Milviz today.

I am trying not to be negative but the replies I get are all negative and in my opinion brush off,s to my questions.

Please read the work in progress forum for the beaver at Milviz and see what you think.

Cheers Chris
    You asked every month since Christmas 2016 on their forums... I've been a beta tester for multiple FS companies for some time now, and I can tell you that nearly all devs miss deadlines. PMDG, Aerosoft, Realair, Milviz, Eaglesoft etc. It happens. The reason it's not out yet is because it's not ready, there are more items that still need to be addressed. It is what it is. Also nobody owes you WIP pictures.... there are some floating around the net if you just look... heck I think there's some in this very thread.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

impatience is chronic in flight sim - folks have little of it in general but the community is rampant with it.
    I'm older than the average bear too - no green bananas in mt house. Maybe take it into account and roll with it.

These models represent hundreds even thousands of hours of work sometimes. Timetables are suggestions only even in government work.
    be ****ing patient or take frequent walks - or both
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Timetables are suggestions only even in government work.
    be ****ing patient or take frequent walks - or both
    I work for the FAA.... Spot on haha
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

It is interesting that some people want the best job done, yesterday of course. Those moaning the loudest that it is taking too long are most likely also those most loud with criticism if it were released too quickly in an unfinished state. With limited resources, if you want "best", you are going to have to wait. I for one am glad that Milviz are working on this and not just pushing it out of the door...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Totally understandable, as the guy was the astronaut's astronaut. Just look at his portfolio: Gemini 3, Gemini 10, Apollo 10, Apollo 16, STS-1, STS-9...a living legend's legend!

He even does AI models*!

(*Tongue so much in cheek that I look like a hamster.)

(**Yes, I'm drunk.)

These are WIP, and the model is still in Beta. The Milviz team is working really hard now to make the Beaver look and simulate as real as possible.
    I am basically painting the float model, and my intention is to paint at least 5 different liveries. Please be patient, as this Beaver model is going to be very good.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    These are WIP, and the model is still in Beta. The Milviz team is working really hard now to make the Beaver look and simulate as real as possible.
    I am basically painting the float model, and my intention is to paint at least 5 different liveries. Please be patient, as this Beaver model is going to be very good.
    Now that is what I'm talking about!!

Members who have read this thread: 0