Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Bjoern, it seems to be a common thread (pardon the pun) that when a WIP or release thread is opened, everyone politely responds with how great it is to see this project coming, and then get down to the business of decrying the fact that it wasn't actually, this plane or that plane. I don't think they can help themselves really.
    Yeah, this is what I think, too.

Why not save the wishes for an occasion when a developer asks what aircraft to tackle for the next project or one of those annoying threads about "Why don't we have airplane X?"/"We really need airplane Y!"/"It would be nice if someone did airplane Z."?

I bet if someone complained about how they worked their butt off to get their kid(s) present ABC for their birthday and got complaints in return because it wasn't present DEF instead, the person would get all the sympathy in the world with endless suggestions how those spoilt brats should be brought back to reality. (In this case, I'd suggest three weeks of stock FSX and five months of painting and/or modeling and/or programming as an initial cure.)

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I ate there yesterday - Scottish restaurant - serve mostly variations of haggis...service was terrible, all those pitchforks..but the atmosphere was as sulfurous and hot as the food..two f'n thumbs up from this satisfied customer!
    But.... I love haggis....

Well, good haggis that is. I realize than to some there is no differentiation, but good haggis is wonderful.

And yes, I have a Scottish background.

Half Scottish / half Dutch, it's amazing I spend any money at all on flight sim stuff.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Yeah, this is what I think, too. . . . . . . .
    (In this case, I'd suggest three weeks of stock FSX and five months of painting and/or modeling and/or programming as an initial cure.)
    lol, I know that would certainly cure me, lol

This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
    Geez...
    what i see is alot of guys,in a forum meant to be a place where its safe to "talk to eachother and to give opinions" ,talking about what a great plane,this beaver,excuse me..DHC-2 will be..and then they are also talking to their friends about what planes they have currently or in the past that are the same subject or similar to the beaver,and what other planes they would like to see..if you want a commercial forum about new planes (scenery,what ever addons)that doesn't allow any negative comments about the product,and certainly no comments about "wishlist" planes...then ask Ickie to add a new forum section for that,with rules..then let the rest of us use the forums to visit and talk about "things" related to simulator flying..

im sure you will now give me a stern talking to about how wrong i am..so have at it....

Hopefully, Mr. Young has had some front seat time in a Dash 2, in order to accurately replicate how the Amik flies.

Remember... 36# M.P. & 2300 RPM for 1' on Takeoff...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    what i see is alot of guys,in a forum meant to be a place where its safe to "talk to eachother and to give opinions" ,talking about what a great plane,this beaver,excuse me..DHC-2 will be..and then they are also talking to their friends about what planes they have currently or in the past that are the same subject or similar to the beaver,and what other planes they would like to see..if you want a commercial forum about new planes (scenery,what ever addons)that doesn't allow any negative comments about the product,and certainly no comments about "wishlist" planes...then ask Ickie to add a new forum section for that,with rules..then let the rest of us use the forums to visit and talk about "things" related to simulator flying..

im sure you will now give me a stern talking to about how wrong i am..so have at it....
    The only stern talking you will get from me is that you are 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    The only stern talking you will get from me is that you are 100% correct.
    And I agree as well.
    Thumbs up to the Milviz Beaver. May they sell a ton of them so that they realize that they need to make an Otter and a Norseman as well. Old chubby bushplanes with radial engines IS the future of flight simming.

This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
    Geez...
    Dammit, where's the "like" button for this post?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    ​I could sure use a Beaver or Twin Otter atm at Lake Meade. Darn Heat/Sun here err.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

The "No negative comments and no wishlists" forum sounds like a great idea. Don't forget to make me a moderator in it.
    Requesting an aircraft? Banned.
    Nitpicking on an add-on? Banned and internet access revoked.
    Using a product announcement thread for requesting a different aircraft? Banned, internet access revoked, payware deleted.

It'd be fun (for me)!

Geez...
    Be quiet and finish washing those dishes

The "No negative comments and no wishlists" forum sounds like a great idea. Don't forget to make me a moderator in it.
    Requesting an aircraft? Banned.
    Nitpicking on an add-on? Banned and internet access revoked.
    Using a product announcement thread for requesting a different aircraft? Banned, internet access revoked, payware deleted.

It'd be fun (for me)!

lol...yes it was you i was thinking of....

If you don't want people to write what they want, just lock the thread after you post it. ABC is building a F-82G -LOCKED. BOOM! No more input from anyone. Sometimes what people write actually do get the gears moving and do get other projects into a think tank. You all are reacting way too much over a game. If what someone writes after an announcement really bothers you that much, I would quit reading the thread after the first post. Big picture - does it really matter?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Be quiet and finish washing those dishes
    Only if you go back to the DC-3 den and finish up some new screenshots. I want an opportunity to post how I actually want a Martin 4-0-4 instead.

lol...yes it was you i was thinking of....
    Good...good.

Agree Don. I think some members forget that this is a 'Forum'.. not a notice board

ATB
    DaveB

Nope, 150% agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Dammit, where's the "like" button for this post?
    Seriously, a like button would be nice on this forum!

Ickie, you listening???

There is a 'like' of sorts..

At the top of the thread, on the right. See... 'Rate this thread', and give it some stars!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    There is a 'like' of sorts..

At the top of the thread, on the right. See... 'Rate this thread', and give it some stars!

- J
    yes well thats for the thread - not the post....PRB wants to like posts

personally - I hate everything about this thread...except the funny bits...and the Beaver - I like the Beaver...and the haggis..sometimes
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Seriously, a like button would be nice on this forum!

Ickie, you listening???
    No, actually not serious. Sort of light hearted, as I was amused by the post I was quoting. Thought the " " would so indicate, but it's not always effective...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Only if you go back to the DC-3 den and finish up some new screenshots.
    Still assigning code that Mike sends me. Wouldn't make much sense posting screenshots of animated needles, levers, knobs and switches,would it.

I want an opportunity to post how I actually want a Martin 4-0-4 instead.
    Actually MAAM has a Martin 404. If we would've been able to find a way to continue we would've loved to get at it.

Btw, if you're done with the dishes you can start serving a busload of spoiled brats that has just arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Still assigning code that Mike sends me. Wouldn't make much sense posting screenshots of animated needles, levers, knobs and switches,would it.
    XML is my fourthj language, so I'm be expecting a bunch of gifs of animated needles.

Btw, if you're done with the dishes you can start serving a busload of spoiled brats that has just arrived.
    Lemme just grab my frying pan or a baseball bat...

Lemme just grab my frying pan or a baseball bat...
    Frying pan is better. Baseball bat makes a dull thwock sorta noise; pan is audibly much more satisfying. They can be temporarily deafened as well as stunned and all the others notice. Yep, frying pan is the one...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Frying pan is better. Baseball bat makes a dull thwock sorta noise; pan is audibly much more satisfying. They can be temporarily deafened as well as stunned and all the others notice. Yep, frying pan is the one...
    Plus it can be swung like a tennis racket. The 8 years of training from my youth will finally come to good use.

Now where are those spoilt brats?!

Coooooome...

Coooooome...

Oh, wait.

*Ahem*

MILVIZ IS WORKING ON A 737-300 AND JUST CANCELED THEIR F-4 PROJECT!

A2A IS WORKING ON A CESSNA 182 RG!

AEROPLANE HEAVEN DITCHED THEIR BRITISH FLOP JET PROJECTS FOR A DC-9!

CARENADO STILL NOT WORKING ON THAT DUMB GA AIRCRAFT YOU ALL WANT!

Plus it can be swung like a tennis racket. The 8 years of training from my youth will finally come to good use.

Now where are those spoilt brats?!

Coooooome...

Coooooome...

Oh, wait.

*Ahem*

MILVIZ IS WORKING ON A 737-300 AND JUST CANCELED THEIR F-4 PROJECT!

A2A IS WORKING ON A CESSNA 182 RG!

AEROPLANE HEAVEN DITCHED THEIR BRITISH FLOP JET PROJECTS FOR A DC-9!

CARENADO STILL NOT WORKING ON THAT DUMB GA AIRCRAFT YOU ALL WANT!

Ah... you didn't mention our B-25. Now I'm saddened!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 0