Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

More is here:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh boy, oh boy.... I can't wait for this. Very excited.

Perhaps a successful Beaver will convince MV to explore bush planes a little more. That'd be superb.

(I've mentioned it before somewhere, but I have good photo access to a perfectly restored Noorduyn Norseman, and would be more than willing to spend time taking pics of details for any dev that would ask.)
    Jim Stewart

I don't want to pour scorn as I'm sure this will be stunning but I have a perfectly good Aerosoft Beaver I rarely fly that comes in so many versions.. I've had to get rid of them in the aircraft.cfg to improve 'Select Aircraft' load times!! A Norseman I'd be very interested in Honestly can't see why MV went for a Beaver but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Happily for me.. my card is safe

ATB
    DaveB

Hi,

We've asked Rob Young of Realair to do the FDE for this plane.

Colin says you might want to keep that card handy.

Thank you.

Kat.

Epilogue: only one good DHC-3 Otter model residing in the MSFS crypts (possibly FS2K) then completely forgotten... These days you'd have to divert to XPlane to fly this great workhorse. Ashame really...

I'll take that new Beaver anyway ( great that Rob will do the FD's ) but i would've payed twice the price for a new Otter !

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Well, you've got me as a customer based on that alone.

Though if you ever do get around to an Otter, I'll be right behind Javis in line for one.

Really looking forward to a Rob Young-tuned bushplane...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.
    Looking forward to this Beaver to replace the Aerosoft bird. I've been flying the Aerosoft version for quite some time. While it is a decent aircraft, it lacks the quality details. Looking for to the MU-2 as well and hope that it might move forward at some point. The Flysimware MU-2 isn't worth what they want for it.
    Steve Stubbs
    USAF (retired)
    Lake Park, GA

I have been secretly hoping for some time that someone would pick up the DHC2. Rob Young doing the FDE is a great reason to buy...

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Last year Aerosoft announced a Beaver Extended for 2015, although no current indication of progress beyond 'not forgotten'.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.

THAT MAKES IT A MUST BUY FOR ME....

Best- C

Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

Mr. Young would certainly be among the top 3 geniuses of the FDE world.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.
    Good point, I've also noticed the 'one-way traffic' from FSX to X-Plane. Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!
    Exaxtly. Its impressing how the FSX "industry" always has to play safe with releases of the same old story again and again. (Highwing cessnas, Lowwing Pipers, Alaska and eastcoast US scenery etc. etc. etc. zzzzzz)
    The Cessnas, Pipers, Beavers are important, but how many do we need?
    Ahhh and that DHC-3 otter is a beauty. We need a classic single engine bushplane that is bigger than the Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Well, you've got me as a customer based on that alone.

Really looking forward to a Rob Young-tuned bushplane...
    Same here. was really not interested in this from Milviz, till the name Rob Young surfaced, so now I just might get this one. (Still would have liked A2A accusim version), but this seem to will have to do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    ...how the FSX "industry" always has to play safe with releases of the same old story again and again...
    Payware developers build what they believe will sell and if they depend on the sales for all or part of their living then they better build what sells, despite whatever anyone else may "need." Sometimes they get it wrong and sales don't even recoup the necessary expenditure of time and money. I'd like a systems-intensive, millimetre-perfect Westland Whirlwind fighter with completely authentic sounds and flight model, but is anyone going to build it for me? Especially since there are none extant, never mind flying, to check the model against. Oh, and I'd like it for under 15 quid, thank you very much.

I wish Milviz well with this model, even if it isn't my cup of Oolong Formosa.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    The Cessnas, Pipers, Beavers are important...
    Due respect, anyone who puts the Beaver in the same class as Cessnas and Pipers has never met a Beaver.

A Beaver can carry a Skyhawk or a Cherokee.

cheers,
    Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Due respect, anyone who puts the Beaver in the same class as Cessnas and Pipers has never met a Beaver.

A Beaver can carry a Skyhawk or a Cherokee.

cheers,
    Lane

Your post is sooooo internet. Taking a small part of someone elses post, twist it, take it out of its context and use it to move your own flag. Was it nescessary?

My point was only, that i dont buy AC addons if I already have the same model and I like it and I can see from others posts that I´m not the only one. The Milviz Beaver will be on the "maybe one day" list. A Norseman or an DHC3 Norseman would have entered directly in the "I want this" list.
    I´m pretty sure that most of those liking Beavers and would have bought a high quality Norseman or Otter if they had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    (snipped)... even if it isn't my cup of Oolong Formosa.
    Heh, I like that phrase.

Well, the DHC-2 definitely is my cup of Oolong Formosa. I happen to be quite a DHC fan though, and have pretty tried much every DHC model that's ever been released for FSX. When AS redid their Twin Otter, I was ecstatic, as the new version is a step up from the old in so many ways. I was hoping for them to do the same with their Beaver as well. But now it seems that I don't have to wait, and that makes me happy.

I have no problem with the repetition of models within the simulator, as long as the new release has something to offer that the older did not.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a nice DHC-3 down the road.

While I'm on that, I'd also like a current spec Caribou and Buffalo as well....

Yes, I'd likely buy a Norseman if a top notch release came out, but I don't think I'd be as excited about it.
    Jim Stewart

Its a definite purchase for me - I almost bought the old Aerosoft one a few times because the default FSX one has no wheels (among other issues)...but I always stopped short because I really wanted to wait until
    a really good one came along. Not that the Aerosoft Beaver isn't good. The truth is, I don't know what its like as there are virtually no remarks about it on this or any other FSX forum.

By now however I am sure that it is too long in the tooth to compare with something under development today.

I expect Milviz will do it proud, with the accurate start up procedure and flight model so, for me, its a buy.

...A DHC-3 Otter, a Norseman, a Caribou, these all would be welcome too.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
    Geez...

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
    Geez...
    Well I wish they were making a Boeing 737-800 instead.....

(not)
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Geez...
    I ate there yesterday - Scottish restaurant - serve mostly variations of haggis...service was terrible, all those pitchforks..but the atmosphere was as sulfurous and hot as the food..two f'n thumbs up from this satisfied customer!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Geez...
    I see a lot of people excited about what will likely be an outstanding release. My take is that everyone wishes Milviz success in this genre. Success to the point they will consider another project along the same lines. I will buy the DHC-2, and would ALSO buy a DHC-3!
    Matt

Geez...
    Bjoern, it seems to be a common thread (pardon the pun) that when a WIP or release thread is opened, everyone politely responds with how great it is to see this project coming, and then get down to the business of decrying the fact that it wasn't actually, this plane or that plane. I don't think they can help themselves really.

Members who have read this thread: 0