Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Since it's from Milviz, I am not too worried about the flight model.

Great news that the Beaver will be released soon, but I hope it's P3Dv4 compatible.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Excellent news!

If we're that close... can anyone expound on the flight model (FDE)? I'm thrilled with the visuals, but I fly the FDE.... so that's where the rubber meets the road... for me at least.

i would very much appreciate any insight on how she FLIES.

Best- Carl

PS- Kat, Wither art thou?
    You could ask them directly on their forums or their Facebook page
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Really soon.

Regards.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo-

Looks good, but can you share how she FLIES? The FDE is paramount in my book...

Ta!

Carl

OK, it's the 25th in Australia, and this is not released yet.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Developing takes time....

Cees

Looks like release will be at 2100 EST (0100 GMT)

Can't see any military models, so I'm guessing no AL1 with bombs or droppable supplies I can't see any evidence of old-skool DECCA either.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I'm hearing Rob Young withdrew from this project... very interested to hear how it flies. Would have been a day one purchase with Rob's FDE, but I am going to await some flight reports as I'm not familiar with the other gentleman's work yet.

Please post your observations when available.

Best- Carl

In the manual currently available on the MilViz website the development credits are as follows. No mention of Rob Young.

Colin Pearson - Creative Director
    Tom Falley - Flight Dynamics
    Chuck Jodry - Lead Code
    Tom Aguilo - Systems Code
    Mike Maarse - Sound Engineer
    Brandon Filer - AMS Code
    Collin Biedenkapp - AMS Updater
    Gunnar van der Meeren - Livery Artist
    Jim Stewart - Manual
    Ville Keranen - Videographer
    Yoyo - Imagery
    Peter Krause (SoulMade Simulations) - Initial Model & Textures
    3DR - Model & Textures

Soulmade did the Beaver for XP. I don't have it, because it's not updated for XP11 yet, but it was very well received by the XP community, and I plan on buying it when updated. I don't know who did the FDE for the XP version.

I see Tom Falley there as doing the FDE. He's one of our own here, and certainly one of the best. Lot's of real-world radial experience.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Btw. near ready but please wait for official news .
    More info here: http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/index.php .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've been looking forward to this one for a while as well; the Aerosoft Beaver X is probably my all-round favorite plane in the sim, based solely on how she flies... but she's certainly in need of an update and I hope this is it!

That said, there's one thing in that promo video that bugs the hell out of me and I wonder if I'm the only one: at about 1:20, the taxiing Beaver makes a left 180 to line up for takeoff... and while the turn looks normal, when the pilot straightens the plane out at the end of the turn, there's no indication of any inertia at all. The plane simply straightens, perfectly, with no application of opposite rudder or brake to halt the turn. That heavy radial should have some momentum and want to keep swinging the nose. It looks like how AI aircraft move in the sim, just... unnatural.

I REALLY hope that isn't indicative of how she handles! But its just a promo video of a WIP, made to be eye candy etc... guess we'll know soon enough now!

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    I see Tom Falley there as doing the FDE. He's one of our own here, and certainly one of the best. Lot's of real-world radial experience.

- Joseph
    Actually lots of real Beaver experience in Alaska.

Can you remove the yoke in the VC? Both Aerosoft and Microsoft didn't supply that option and not being able to see the entire panel is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Can you remove the yoke in the VC? Both Aerosoft and Microsoft didn't supply that option and not being able to see the entire panel is annoying.
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Yes you can.
    Or you can move it to the other side.

Tom

You can download the manual on their site. It's a good manual that describes the features of this model and gives a very good POH as well.

I fly XP11 mostly now, but this one might tempt me back into P3D (particularly since it and Orbx and A2A will provide free updates for v4 coming soon...what else will I need?!).

I wonder how long the introductory price will last.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Looks nice! Add a set of straight floats and you have a sale immediately!!

Don

[Pre-Release] Flying the Milviz Beaver in Paradise

AirDailyx.net The MilViz DHC-2 Beaver will be released tomorrow Friday May 25th @ 2100!

1:13:19 video! Note price is mentioned in the video.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147118398

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

2100 whose time EST or what?

It is nearly 0100 here in the uk and at 79 well past my bedtime.

Why the holdup?Methinks a last minute problem.

Incidently "tufun" with your latest avatar I have suddenly found you very attractive not like the old Ted with the never to be released shiny Dak.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post

It is nearly 0100 here in the uk and at 79 well past my bedtime.

Why the holdup?Methinks a last minute problem.

Incidently "tufun" with your latest avatar I have suddenly found you very attractive not like the old Ted with the never to be released shiny Dak.

Cheers Chris
    AirDailyx didn't mention what time zone, but I'm getting it! Price is right too!!! Video (28.57) states 34.99 for 3 wks, then to 39.99.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post

Cheers Chris

Not sure when the P3D models will be release yet, maybe in the next update or on final release. Texture mapping has been changed on all models.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Milviz Facebook says 2100 EST. . And the 25th is today.

Members who have read this thread: 0