Airliner Near Vertical Takeoff Video

Thread: Airliner Near Vertical Takeoff Video

SOH-CM-2023

Airliner Near Vertical Takeoff Video

holy scoobie snacks ...man that was awesome on my 55 inch screen...

Blog Entries
    Matter transfer is next, "Beam Me Up Scotty"
    Look What I Have Become!

Dang! That was pretty cool. One of my face book buddies was a pilot in my old squadron, who now flies for the airlines. He recently got to fly a 787 and was rather impressed. He loved the HUD, of course, but was amazed at how quiet it was from the pilot seat. He said it was "like being in a sim with the sound turned off".
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

It's so very amazing that something so large can still be so graceful and dignified...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I used to work at an airport that was home to a large maint/mod facility. At the time I was around thay were refitting a lot of retired 727s for cargo duty.

It was always a treat when delivery pilots would pick up a freshly refurbished 727. Their departures nearly always incuded amazingly steep climbouts.

When I was working at KGSO, one of the maint. firms across the runway were doing work on new 777's. When they left, they were dang near empty. The pilots would always show off by getting the plane off the ground n just under 4,000'!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It is amazing what can be done with an empty aircraft!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Dang! That was pretty cool. One of my face book buddies was a pilot in my old squadron, who now flies for the airlines. He recently got to fly a 787 and was rather impressed. He loved the HUD, of course, but was amazed at how quiet it was from the pilot seat. He said it was "like being in a sim with the sound turned off".
    to the part about flying a sim without sound...might be nice for some,but after my racing,and in earlier days,jeeping with my dad ,i like to hear the engines and theyre sounds,plus the possitive feel of manual steering,mechanical linkage like the throttle.would bother me not to hear much ambient sound,just me.

This comment was curious to me too, Dave. Take a 757, for example. Can you hear the wind noise from the pilot seat? If so, how much difference would the wind noise be between overspeed and stall speed, at 8000 feet? If you were in darkness, and the overspeed warning was on, AND the KIAS indicator agreed with the overspeed warning BUT the stick shaker was shaking, if you thought about it, could you tell which indication was wrong by listening to the wind? And if you don't have that in this new fancy 787...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0