Strange trees

Thread: Strange trees

Strange trees

If you look at the center top of most of these trees it looks like a wolf or bear or something in each one. This scenery is Roanoke Regl/Woodrum Airfield 1956. By Kenny fox. Do you think Kenny was planting eggs? I don't see any trees in his scenery folder. There is also something below the bear but I can't make it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tree.jpg  

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Well if it's bears it'll be that pesky Yogi. Watch your picnic basket is my advice.

Lightbulb

Up = Surnatural Daddy wolf
    Under = Surnatural Wolf Jr
    And under = Skull of their victim
    Note also that the aircraft is in levitation (surnatural behaviour) !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dyn8MAS.jpg  

I think I better delete this scenery, it's too scary.

Oh, it's just a 'FIG' (tree) ment of your imagination. There's something there-but it ain't human so it's safe (hehe).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fig-ment Of Imagination.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Is this anything like the bunny clouds? I recall noticing a fluffy cloud texture too much like a bunny head and ears, wish I could find the pic I took. Having replaced clouds long ago I have no idea where they came from. Maybe over at Bob Holland's web page there is more about these things, http://www.njhops.com/default.htm.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Strange Trees

Hmmm, looks like The Green Man, if I remember my folklore classes correctly.

Steve
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

LOL I think its simply a consequence of mirroring the left side textures to the right side. I see this stuff as well in tree trunks.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    That is The Incredible Hulk watching for bad guys and protecting Truth, Justice and the American Way !!!

Naw, it's just a tree. But...if a 8 yr old child is looking at that tree, then turns to you, and says '..they are here..' YOU BETTER RUN !! (HEHE).
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    For me the original pic looks like "The Great and Wonderful Oz".

Mr. Shupe has it right...it's a texture mirroring itself repeatedly in the tree, and in multiple placements.

Tip: When you make your vegetation, use alternate but similar textures on each card and don't mirror things just because it's easy and fast.
    Also if you resize the cards slightly the textures become very random. It eliminates the creepy faces and alleviates any concerns your close friends may have regarding your emotional stability
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

No no no, you guys have it all wrong! It's Bozo the clown! lol

Members who have read this thread: 0