Gilligan's Island for MSFS and CFS2

Thread: Gilligan's Island for MSFS and CFS2

Lightbulb Gilligan's Island for MSFS and CFS2

Here's a little scenery creation of mine from many years ago... Gilligan's Island for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The scenery was originally created for MSFS versions 5.1 through 98, and had some fairly bad issues/bugs when used under MSFS version 2000, as well as Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 (based on the same program engine as MSFS 2000).

Recently I decided to attempt an MSFS2K/CFS2 fix for the scenery. The MAIN problem was that the island was NOT solid or landable... landing on the runway resulted in the same as landing in the ocean. Additional files included in the ZIP FIXES that problem. Albeit, with some caveats:

The mountains are STILL not solid (you can fly right through them), and several of the MSFS versions 5.1 through 98 specific things do no function properly (e.g. ATC radio messages, an animated objects, etc...).

Note that you can NOT go "driving" or taxiing all around the island. My fix simply solidifies the runway and a large area around the runway (including the taxiway and parking area)... NOT the entire island.

Nevertheless, the island is perfectly flyable, and the runway is perfectly landable, complete with a full compliment of navigational aids and beacons, as well as runway and taxiway lighting

Lastly, I decided to throw together a simple mission for use with the scenery when used under CFS2... it is also included in the ZIP.

Anyhow, I have NOT typed up my usual plethora of docs for the updates or the CFS2 mission yet, but figured I'd go ahead and ZIP up the pack for folks to (hopefully) enjoy

Quick Installation and Usage Notes:

Unzip the included files and directories in verbatim to your main MSFS51-FS2K-CFS2 game directory, and add the scenery to the game's "Scenery Library" in the usual manner and method.

IMPORTANT CFS2 NOTE:

For Combat Flight Simulator 2, you will ALSO need to manually add the proper entries for the Gilligan's Island Airstrip airfield to your CFS2 "AirBases.dat" file (CFS2\Info\AirBases.dat). Refer to the included "AIRBASES.TXT" file for the proper entries (e.g. the "[runway.###]" section, and the entries below it).

Eventually I'll get off of my arse, type up all of the update docs, zip up the "official" schmear, and upload the pack to the usual file library places (e.g. http://www.flightsim.com , http://www.sim-outhouse.com , etc...)

For the meantime, ENJOY!
    Last edited by RichNagel; June 8th, 2015 at 21:06. Reason: New Version

Lightbulb New Version

P.S. I found a buglet with the included CFS2 mission. I fixed it, and packed a new ZIP. If you previously downloaded the old ZIP, download the NEW one above (same filename), and unzip

Lightbulb

Sorry for bumping my own thread, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this out, and what they thought of it? After a month, it looks there has been zero downloads.

Members who have read this thread: 0