IRIS Grob G 115E / Tutor T.1 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Grob G 115E / Tutor T.1 released

IRIS Grob G 115E / Tutor T.1 released

The news of the day :> : Grob G115 released.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...0DEdk0IHuNd9K2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is it something Yoyo? Or is it a thirteen in a dozen plane? Systems, failures?
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Is it something Yoyo? Or is it a thirteen in a dozen plane? Systems, failures?
    Ever get the feeling we simmers have had it too good?

Anyways, been looking forward to this. Will be back with a picture or two of my own.

No GPS option? I know the original real life version didn't have one but there is an upgraded real life version with a Garmin 430.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Ever get the feeling we simmers have had it too good?
    So you understood what he was asking? lol

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Took me a minute.

More likely 'she', Falcon. But that doesn't help with your question. lol

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    No GPS option? I know the original real life version didn't have one but there is an upgraded real life version with a Garmin 430.
    That round unit to the left of the Nav/Comm is some sort of GPS it would seem. However, from the manual (you can download them from the site, I did since I'm curious about the release) it seems that it's functionality is limited to the display of fsx flight plans with no means for entering waypoints.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    That round unit to the left of the Nav/Comm is some sort of GPS it would seem. However, from the manual (you can download them from the site, I did since I'm curious about the release) it seems that it's functionality is limited to the display of fsx flight plans with no means for entering waypoints.
    Oh. I thought that was some sort of paper placard; perhaps over a non-functioning gauge..... that is what I get for thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    More likely 'she', Falcon. But that doesn't help with your question. lol
    oooops, lol. . .my bad!

There is a try-before-you-buy demo available, limited to 5000ft around the RAF Cranwell area.
    Good enough to see what it's like.

I'd lile to know are only military pilots here (with helmets) or civil as option too?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    There is a try-before-you-buy demo available, limited to 5000ft around the RAF Cranwell area.
    Good enough to see what it's like.
    And if you have UK2000 airports installed, and look up, directly above EGYD, you'll see the UFO!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Alternatively, use the ACG Cranwell, which is superb (and free!).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I'd lile to know are only military pilots here (with helmets) or civil as option too?

Both crew wear bonedomes in the civilian versions too

ATB
    DaveB

I bought this yesterday after seeing YoYo's HU. Didn't realise there was a try before you buy version though I'd probably have bought it anyway as so few releases come out with so many 'G' plate registrations included.. even though they all look very similar!

I didn't know what to expect from an Iris 'Pro' Training model.. fear was it'd be similar to A2A's Accusim models and I didn't want that. I noted there was a 'Quick Start' so dived in. In fact.. it defaults with engines running and you're ready to go.. suits me. There's a 'Flight Assistance' page (shift+1) which allows you to have a Master On/Off, Alt Hold, Hdg Hold and Navaid Hold.. that's your lot.

As has been noted.. the placard instrument is no more than a glorified repeater. If you load a plan, it will show that plan and very little else from what I can see.

Not had a lot of time in it but a couple of things have stuck out. The instrument dimmer control doesn't dim the instruments.. not in FSX anyway though it may do in P3D. It's worth adding that this model was designed from the ground up to work with P3D not FSX. Also.. the parking brake set slider control has no click point although it does animate when you apply/remove the parking brakes. On the other hand.. the cockpit heater and fan controls do have clickable sliders which in the grand scale of things, is a waste of time in my eyes. This said.. it's not an issue for me.

There appears to be some differences between the RAF/RN and civilian models as loading the Tayside paint for the first time prompted another 'trusted gauge' window. I've yet to see what the differences actually are though.

The lights are a bit bright for my taste.. not as bad as some I've seen but darned bright all the same.

The sounds are nice.. very 'Grob'.

I also like the flight model. It's very light on the controls as you'd expect and can be flown with a great degree of precision.

The paint maps are mega 4096 jobbies and while my i5 doesn't care for these much (monitor isn't up to it).. I don't see any frame hit from them at all.

After a few hours with it.. I like it. It's as close to GA that I want to get and I'm a sucker for anything with an RN logo on the side By the same token.. I'm not sure the Accusim crowd will be as easily impressed.

Nice one Iris
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I bought this yesterday after seeing YoYo's HU. Didn't realise there was a try before you buy version though I'd probably have bought it anyway as so few releases come out with so many 'G' plate registrations included.. even though they all look very similar!

I didn't know what to expect from an Iris 'Pro' Training model.. fear was it'd be similar to A2A's Accusim models and I didn't want that. I noted there was a 'Quick Start' so dived in. In fact.. it defaults with engines running and you're ready to go.. suits me. There's a 'Flight Assistance' page (shift+1) which allows you to have a Master On/Off, Alt Hold, Hdg Hold and Navaid Hold.. that's your lot.

As has been noted.. the placard instrument is no more than a glorified repeater. If you load a plan, it will show that plan and very little else from what I can see.

Not had a lot of time in it but a couple of things have stuck out. The instrument dimmer control doesn't dim the instruments.. not in FSX anyway though it may do in P3D. It's worth adding that this model was designed from the ground up to work with P3D not FSX. Also.. the parking brake set slider control has no click point although it does animate when you apply/remove the parking brakes. On the other hand.. the cockpit heater and fan controls do have clickable sliders which in the grand scale of things, is a waste of time in my eyes. This said.. it's not an issue for me.

There appears to be some differences between the RAF/RN and civilian models as loading the Tayside paint for the first time prompted another 'trusted gauge' window. I've yet to see what the differences actually are though.

The lights are a bit bright for my taste.. not as bad as some I've seen but darned bright all the same.

The sounds are nice.. very 'Grob'.

I also like the flight model. It's very light on the controls as you'd expect and can be flown with a great degree of precision.

The paint maps are mega 4096 jobbies and while my i5 doesn't care for these much (monitor isn't up to it).. I don't see any frame hit from them at all.

After a few hours with it.. I like it. It's as close to GA that I want to get and I'm a sucker for anything with an RN logo on the side By the same token.. I'm not sure the Accusim crowd will be as easily impressed.

Nice one Iris
    ATB
    DaveB
    Also I have noticed that.The parking brakes lever and also the knob to select the mode of the transponder are clickable moving point of the views very forward, almost against the panel.
    Nightly illumination of cocpit is too intense and not very realistic, and Vc lighting and guages backlight are not visible looking from outside
    Finally I noticed that clicking the swap frequency switch on the UHF radio results in overlapping of textures on the screen of gps.Not a big deal anyway.
    i Hope in a patch to solve all these

Indeed and something else just struck me.. when looking at the panel from outside.. what you're seeing is a static bitmap not the 3D panel. This would explain why the backlit instruments don't display from outside. I checked a lot of other FSX models and it has to be said.. most display the VC correctly when viewed from outside.. this includes the old freeware Iris P-40 so they certainly know how to make it happen. The only model I looked at where the gauges were in view and didn't show moving instruments was the default Cessna. This also shows a static bitmap. Can't quite put my finger on the reason for this but it'll come.. though probably not before one of the experts here has jumped in to say why Please jump in by the way

ATB
    DaveB

Makes you wonder how it get's through beta testing and no one catches any of this.

Makes you wonder how it get's through beta testing and no one catches any of this.
    I'd really like to know

Y'all are a bunch of nitpickers of the worst kind, you know that?!

"No backlighting from outside!"
    "No GPS!"
    "VC lighting is too intense!"

Unbelievable.

After a quick-ish flight from Culdrose to the IoS.. I parked up and shut down then had a good look at the VC from the outside. It's completely static as are the pilot and instructor.. nothing moves. Open the throttle.. move the rudder pedals or control stick.. all remain static. As for the pilots.. both their 'stick' hands show their thumbs going through the stick!!

I still like the model but the edge is going off a bit. At $34.99 AUS (£18.27 in real money).. it's pitted against the likes of Alabeo and it has to be said.. Alabeo products seem to be a bit more 'polished' (although their FD's are a bit wild!). For this money.. you don't even get chocks and the manikin crew (while beautifully made).. remain motionless.. no disappearing act.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Y'all are a bunch of nitpickers of the worst kind, you know that?!

"No backlighting from outside!"
    "No GPS!"
    "VC lighting is too intense!"

Unbelievable.
    Agree 150%! Where is the time when people would be elated about a release from Piglet and not even dare to comment negatively about it. But that changed. Sadly also towards Piglet.

It's the same nitpickers that made him go away.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Agree 150%! Where is the time when people would be elated about a release from Piglet and not even dare to comment negatively about it. But that changed. Sadly also towards Piglet.

It's the same nitpickers that made him go away.

Johan
    There's one subtle difference here. The model in question is payware.. or had you not realised that??

ATB
    DaveB

I have to say that viewing the interior from outside and not seeing everything animated is a bit much. I always assumed that what I saw from the exterior when flying was just a bitmap anyway. . .who cares. I would be concerned about obvious animation problems like those that seem to be showing up in the VC, things I would think beta testers would catch. All the rest. . .not a big deal.

Members who have read this thread: 0