George Preddy's aircraft extremely OT

Thread: George Preddy's aircraft extremely OT

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries

George Preddy's aircraft extremely OT

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place guys. I have, as of late, revived one of my passions, which is plastic modeling. I've starting working on a memorial diorama of all of George Preddy's assigned aircraft, from his P-40, his P-47, and all three of his Mustangs. I've got kits and decals for all of his Ponies, but finding decals for his earlier mounts, has so fAR cone up empty.... Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find decals for his Thunderbolt and Warhawk in 1/72 scale? I'm planning to do a blended line-up of all of his aircraft. This is a dream I've had for years. If anyone knows of any figures I can use please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place guys. I have, as of late, revived one of my passions, which is plastic modeling. I've starting working on a memorial diorama of all of George Preddy's assigned aircraft, from his P-40, his P-47, and all three of his Mustangs. I've got kits and decals for all of his Ponies, but finding decals for his earlier mounts, has so fAR cone up empty.... Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find decals for his Thunderbolt and Warhawk in 1/72 scale? I'm planning to do a blended line-up of all of his aircraft. This is a dream I've had for years. If anyone knows of any figures I can use please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    How about Eagle Editions?

Hey QS - try googling "Three Guys Replicas". At one time they reportedly made decals sets for all of Preddy's aircraft, including 2 versions of his P-40E.

Good Luck!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Here is your P-40.....and this is a good decal company too. these are 1/32 and I'm sure they do 1.72...but will keep looking

http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/revie...reviewrb_1.htm

and here they are.....

http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BC72006

Every time I Google for an aircraft's plans (drawings or 3-views) I get a lot of interesting scale model sites with lots of information. Give that a try.

I've been doing some paints for the FR P-40 N and this thread gave me the idea to do Preddy's P-40. I did a little search for some photos and found this and said cool should be fairly simple.........

Knocked it out in an hour or so done. Or so I thought, then I found this........

Oh boy not so simple after all. Here is the result so far.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gpreddy_3.jpg   Preddy_P-40E_Tarheel_2.jpg   2015-6-8_23-29-13-838.jpg   2015-6-8_23-29-9-11.jpg  

For your final piece, there is one plane that looks cool and is in honor of him. The Virginia Air National Guard painted up an F-16 in Preddy colors. I built a model of it. Looks cool.

http://flevoaviationhobby.net/Niels/f16c149fs/001.jpg

Don

this sounds like a great project,i hope you will do a progress report as you build them all...you can put that in the model forums..

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Thanks for all the feedback guys. I went to the site offering decals for his P-40, and they're currently out of stock. I'll keep trying. I came up totally empty in my search for decals for his P-47. Hopefully I can locate some at some point. That paint for the P-40 looks awesome, grady. In the meantime I do have the decals and kits to start work on his Mustangs I will keep you guys updated, but be warned that I am a very slow model builder.

Members who have read this thread: 0