P2V-5 Neptune

Thread: P2V-5 Neptune

P2V-5 Neptune

The model was originally started by Bill Cook but like which happens with alot of us real life comes first so he was unable to finish. I have taken on the project trying to finish it. I remapped the Neptune for higher resolution textures and will start creating a VC for it. These will only be airtanker models and will include the -7 models later on. Lots of work yet to be done but here is the current progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2015-06-07 11-41-12-39.jpg   fsx 2015-06-07 11-40-50-72.jpg  

This is fantastic news!

PS. Love the location you chose for pics,Palm Springs!

Looking great there TG
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

OOOWWWW! HOW NICE!! Don't dare to ask, but-7's with a Dutch texture someday ???? ;-) ;-)

hertzie.

Great News, TG! Looking forward to your finished product. Looks pretty nice so far as a WIP.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Not to detract from tankerguy's project, but David Wooster has a pretty decent package of several different P2V-5 versions. Look for fs9p2v-5neptunes.zip at FlightSim.com. Also fs9_p2v-5_neptunes_fix which updates the original gauges cab file. J.R. Lucariny's P2V-7 is not a bad plane if you don't want to get the Virtavia payware plane but I don't think there are any repaints available.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    The model was originally started by Bill Cook but like which happens with alot of us real life comes first so he was unable to finish. I have taken on the project trying to finish it. I remapped the Neptune for higher resolution textures and will start creating a VC for it. These will only be airtanker models and will include the -7 models later on. Lots of work yet to be done but here is the current progress.
    Hi TG!

Looks great! Can't wait to fly this big bird.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Still working on details and texturing. Here we see Tanker 44 in its natural habitat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2015-06-13 12-01-46-11.jpg  

USN Model

Hi Tankerguy,

Since you have the model, any chance that you can be persuaded to eventually do a normal USN variety for all us guys that flew the -5 in USN service?

Best regards,

Bill

It is possible but long down the road. There is some models like that already released check a few posts above.

Members who have read this thread: 0