C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

[QUOTE=Wringoon;1118403]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    It might be helpful to know that this refers to post 418, two pages back in this thread!

Cees[/QUOTE

Whoops!, sorry, idiot me!, should of pointed that out, senior moment.
    Now go to where I pointed to to get the PAA texture package and the updated model for the C-97 ver.3
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi MrZippy,

Please forgive this twit who is typing this, thank you for your kind reply, I have clicked your link but it only takes me to a C-97 update query page, no PAA livery that I can see, I can find a Pan Am 'Meat Ball' livery but that is only for the C-97 v1!?, I know It's got to be me going wrong here some where!

Quote Originally Posted by Wringoon View Post
    Hi MrZippy,

Please forgive this twit who is typing this, thank you for your kind reply, I have clicked your link but it only takes me to a C-97 update query page, no PAA livery that I can see, I can find a Pan Am 'Meat Ball' livery but that is only for the C-97 v1!?, I know It's got to be me going wrong here some where!
    It looks like that link to a dropbox no longer works. PM me your email and I'll send you the PAA texture folder. Looks like dropbox files loose it after a while!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pan Am.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

The Folks on this site are first class!, thanks again Charlie for the PAA livery and the inside wing fix which was an added bonus!, fix supplied to the other seven C-97's I have, not as many as the thirty C-47's I've seemed to collected!!!!, it's all the polished metal work!

And I should add, thanks to dmq who was the artist that put the PAA livery together in the first place!, and Manfred for the C-97 too!. excellent work.

I tried looking for this repaint, however the site is down. Any possibility of getting it elsewhere?

-USAFVET

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Thank you for this wonderful new addition, it looks great!

USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

@usafvet

Are you looking only for that tail number or the paint itself? 0-22678 is part of the download package. Some minor differences between the two. Red striping on the landing gear door edge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c97.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	69166
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Strange, when I try to fly, this error appears.

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Blog Entries

how do you manage to post pictures as large as this one?

Excellent work. Please let me know how do you manage to post large pics like this one.
    Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Gaucho_59

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    Strange, when I try to fly, this error appears.

The relevant ini file resides in the plane's panel\DSDSounds folder (which check). Occasionally there are hiccups when the sim finds a copy of the DSD sound gauge in the \gauges folder. In which case you can either download the revised version of the gauge from Dawson's homepage, or uniquely rename the current version in the panel folder (calling it C97_dsd.. or some such) and adjust the panel.cfg entry accordingly. (Not sure if I have put this very clearly.) In my later releases (B-50, C-47) this is the way the sound config is handled.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Excellent work. Please let me know how do you manage to post large pics like this one.
    Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Gaucho_59
    I use to do it when I used an image hosting site that is no longer working. You would click on the BBCodes and copy then paste that into the forum post here and you would get the big picture.

@Aharon

My did had a '56 Ford Ranch-wagon that smoked like that until he had a ring and valve job done. It went through 3 quarts of reclaimed motor oil every week!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    ...... It went through 3 quarts of reclaimed motor oil every week!
    We would call that a sports car back in the day.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I know this is an old thread, I have been using this recently as its the only C-97/B377 that works in P3Dv4 but was having issues with the lights in the VC, the lights on the panel was so dim I could not read the gauges. I read the thread linked to the download and tried the few suggestions but they did not work for me, I finally found my own solution by adding these lines to the aircraft.cfg lights section which illuminated the panel nicely, although it may now be too bright.

light.9=4, 36.0, -1.0, 4.2, fx_c97_vclight
    light.10=4, 36.0, 1.0, 4.2, fx_c97_vclight

BTW, while I found a Pan Am repaint does anyone know of a BOAC repaint for this beauty?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Looked for, but found no BOAC for this model. Since Jan Kees did many repaints, bet he would do one for you/us!

Members who have read this thread: 3