C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

Thank you for this wonderful new addition, it looks great!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

C97 Mats

A paint of the MATS would be nice...

Jankees, this is your moment !
    The more you do, the less you dream

Hi all,

many thanks for comments and paints on this update. Just in case you were wondering, on my setup I can operate doors, steps, and ramps without having any engines running. But then I am on FSX SP2, and Acceleration may handle things just a bit differently. We'll get this sorted sooner or later, maybe there is a switch to be thrown in aircraft.cfg or something...

Man, I was mightily embarrassed to learn that the flag on the RH side of the rudder was the wrong way round. Yes, GrayEagle if you want to make your edited texture available, go ahead, and thank you.

I can confirm occasional problems calling up the Checklist via Monitor, and I suspect this may be due to some awful html coding, there is just heaps of junk in it. I will make an attempt to clean this out and hopefully that's the end of this issue.

Thank you,
    Manfred

Thanks WND for kind answers. I hope I can figure out how to install those onto the current KC-97 folder!!!

I would prefer to have two seperate plane folders: one folder for KC-97 and one folder for C-97. Is it doable???

And famous Jankees, your livery looks AWESOME and psst pssst pssst please please please please Israeli air force livery using photos that I provided on KC-97 thread. Please let me know if you need photos again.

Regards,

Aharon

File for C97 (Flag correction)

[QUOTE=gray eagle;958405]I tried my hand at correcting the flag on the right side (file C97_03.dds) I thought while waiting for MJ to remedy this that I would try a temp fix.

I just got the okay from MJ to post link to file that will correct the display of the USA flag on right side of tail.
    MJ plans on post his correction as well as a few other item soon.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8...jdl/C97_03.dds

This file goes in texture.USAF_30272

I made a new thumbnail for it if you are interested..Just right click and save as thumbnail.jpg

Again, thanks to MJahn for a wonderful aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    I would prefer to have two seperate plane folders: one folder for KC-97 and one folder for C-97. Is it doable???
    Yes Aharon it is 'do-able' however - as I just learned the other day - probably not advisable at this point in the project..

I started out with doing the same thing and learned that at this 'stage' of the WIP - with all the 'updates' that will probably be coming down the road, that at this point dividing the aircraft could lead to a lot of un-necessary confusion especially if MJ and his team are trying to resolve issue's along the way..

I do believe - due to several reason's - that as one of the last steps (if not the last step) to this project that he will 'divide' the aircraft into 2 separate folders - but at this point it's easier on him to keep them together so-to-speak..

So yes, it's do-able but unless you want to 'open the door' to a lot of 'self induced' headaches (lol), probably not advisable !!!

Hope this helped..

Bill

Thanks Gray Eagle, looks good. ! And thanks to Manfred as well for allowing you to post the fix!

A Little Patch ...

These will hopefully do some good ... replacement files C97_Ref.htm, C97_check.htm, and C97_03.dds

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...C97_patch3.zip

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Thanks Gray Eagle, looks good. ! And thanks to Manfred as well for allowing you to post the fix!
    Thank you for your service

Cheers Manfred

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Jankees, this is your moment !
    yeah, sure. I'm back for one day, leaving again tomorrow 5 o'clock.
    I just tried my hand at some simple stuff, to see what the C-97 looked like.
    What I did find out is that my FSX looks a bit weird, a bit grainy....maybe the kids messed with my computer while I was gone..
    So patience all, even these paints are still in the pipeline, release in two weeks time...at the very soonest...sorry

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

WND thanks for kind replies

I am praying that I will not screw it up by adding C-97 to same KC-97 folder!!!! What I am going to do is to make copy of entire KC-97 folder and paste it on desktop so that in event I screw it up adding C-97 to the same KC-97 folder in FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2, all I have to do is to discard it and get the folder back to FSX from desktop

Jankees, Minnesota screenshots are AWESOME and your two tone livery is awesome too!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quite magnificent!

Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Manfred and team, amazing work on such a great project. Love the quality you deliver.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yes I also enjoy this work. Simply great - thanks to the team.

I started HB-ILW repaint, which is nearly finished. It shows CN 16765 in Balair HB-ILW livery. After a photo on www.bsl-mlh-planes.net dated February 1969, by Hanspeter Haas, showing the aircraft at Basle-Mulhouse LFSB. Operated for ICRC in Biafra-crisis with civil registration until 1970. After operation, a/c went back to USAF. Status of this plane is unknown. The sistership HB-ILY is displayed in Davis-Monthan AFB (DMA/KDMA), Tucson/Arizona also wearing old Balair cls.

Thomas

FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta

Does the FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta now come with the patch 1 and patch 2? I have all this stuff and am just trying to keep up with it all in case I want to make a backup DVD.
    I have the V.1 Beta and three patches.

All current patches are integrated into the C97 release with the exception of patch#3.. this only came out today.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    All current patches are integrated into the C97 release with the exception of patch#3.. this only came out today.

ATB
    DaveB
    Ahh thanks for the info. So for now, only patch #3 needs manual install to bring it up to date.
    Thanks.

I'm not able to get the ramp to display.

The ramp icon has the tool tip stating "Ramp mid = show else up/down for Cargo Ramp (Door 03)." I have no idea what that is saying. I have Door 03 open, but no ramp. The readme indicates that the tailhook key should also allow the ramp to work, but it doesn't on my setup.

Not sure what I'm missing here.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

The ramp icon has the tool tip stating "Ramp mid = show else up/down for Cargo Ramp (Door 03)." I have no idea what that is saying. I have Door 03 open, but no ramp. The readme indicates that the tailhook key should also allow the ramp to work, but it doesn't on my setup.

Post # 17 (?)

SOH-CM-2023
    Outstanding work by the KC-97 team. Congratulations on a superb product.

I'm curious. Under the [Contact Points] section, point 23 is listed as an "Artificial Water Rudder". Enlighten me on what is happening here. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Hey Warhorse:

If you would be so kind as to read the #17 'post' I did, it might help ya resolve your issue. (Apparently quite a few folks don't have their 'middle' button on there mouse programmed - which could possibly be the issue)

As far as your 'tail hook' command not operating, I have found on my system that the 'ramps' had to be showing and then my 'TH command' worked fine - if they weren't showing, than the 'command' wouldn't work.. I actually forget about that command - I end up doing everything from the 'monitor panel' - for me it's easier than trying to remember everything - what key stroke does what etc etc !!! lol

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Hey Warhorse:

If you would be so kind as to read the #17 'post' I did, it might help ya resolve your issue. (Apparently quite a few folks don't have their 'middle' button on there mouse programmed - which could possibly be the issue)

As far as your 'tail hook' command not operating, I have found on my system that the 'ramps' had to be showing and then my 'TH command' worked fine - if they weren't showing, than the 'command' wouldn't work.. I actually forget about that command - I end up doing everything from the 'monitor panel' - for me it's easier than trying to remember everything - what key stroke does what etc etc !!! lol

Bill
    Okay. Thanks, Bill.

After 7 or 8 tries, I finally got it to work. The middle button on the mouse was set to zoom as default.

I think that part of my issue was the size of the main panel. It's pretty small on my install due to my graphic settings, so after I expanded it I was able to hit the right hot spot to get the ramp to show.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 6