** Uploaded Improved MAW Scenery New from Stary

Thread: ** Uploaded Improved MAW Scenery New from Stary

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

** Uploaded Improved MAW Scenery New from Stary

Thanks to Master Stary for allowing a hobbit to upload His new improved MAW scenery.
    This work really enhances MAW, a great improvement.

Many Thanks to the MAW team for this wonderful expansion.
    Available when admin, sees this upload..
    CFS3>CFS3 Other add ons/Scenery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAW 002.jpg   MAW 001.jpg   MAW 003.jpg   MAW 004.jpg   MAW 005.jpg   MAW 006.jpg  

Placing the Texture folder in my Assets folder has no effect at all. What am I missing???
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Placing the Texture folder in my Assets folder has no effect at all. What am I missing???
    You have to delete the .zx files from the terrains and terrains2 folders.
    I also delete the .zx from the vector folder.

Okay, did that, and the zx files all rebuilt themselves, but still nothing has changed.

It's almost as if the new Texture folder is just a copy of my original MAW files.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

guys

why House Hobbit uploaded them losely that way I can't say, these files should be put into texture.zip archive found in \CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\terrains\ folder, backup the original file of course!

MajorMagee not all textures have been replaced some are still original MAW ones I think, been few months since I was toying with those

hope that helps

Stary

edit: also if you own WOFF 2.0 you can try replacing your CFS3 compositetexturebudgets.xml and compositescenerybudgets.xml in assets folder with the ones from WOFF for even better visual quality

Okay, there are 34 files that are changed in the texture folder. Looking at the files themselves most of these do look better than the originals. The only three I question are t_forest_lon01 which looks too brown to be a forest, dr_dirt_512 which is now green instead of brown dirt, and a_015b2su1_brn_fld which is relatively plain compared to the old one.

I relocated them to inside the texture zip file, and let the zx file rebuild but I can't say I've been able to notice much of a change in the game anywhere yet. Probably easiest to see at the top of Mt. Etna.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I set this up in JSGME so it's easy to turn on and off. You only need to swap out the texture.zip and texture.zx files in the terrains folder. The new texture.zx needs to be one that CFS3 creates for this specific zip folder, but after you've done that once by manually deleting the original you can save that new one into the JSGME Mods directory with the new zip, and you won't have to keep deleting the zx as JSGME can exchange it with the original for you too.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I will correct this and re upload this Sorry..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Corrected the read me and the Files, sent to upload.
    As soon as admin sees this it will be replaced with the correct files.
    Sorry ..

I set up the composite budget files from OFF in JSGME for quick comparison swapping, and it really did make a noticeable difference.

I was also having a lot of shimmering problems in MAW even with Anisotropic filtering set to 16x. I found this page http://naturalviolence.webs.com/sgssaa.htm and went from 32xCSAA + 8xSS to 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA, and no more shimmering (though it cut my FPS almost in half).
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I set up the composite budget files from OFF in JSGME for quick comparison swapping, and it really did make a noticeable difference.

I was also having a lot of shimmering problems in MAW even with Anisotropic filtering set to 16x. I found this page http://naturalviolence.webs.com/sgssaa.htm and went from 32xCSAA + 8xSS to 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA, and no more shimmering (though it cut my FPS almost in half).
    Thanks for the info MajorMagee

Members who have read this thread: 0