Computer Pilot Magazine?

Thread: Computer Pilot Magazine?

Computer Pilot Magazine?

Whatever happened to the re-launch of that Mag? I was just going through my old collection, hoping to weed out some really old out of date stuff when the thought occurred. The upshot of that exercise was folly as none got removed, there was always some article or flight I could find that I will try out some day..... It is a shame that we lost it. Another thought that struck was how things have changed so much in a relatively short timespan. There were peoples set ups from not so long ago where they proudly display humungous CRT monitors as opposed to LCD's.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Their website is still up, and you can register, but most pages look kinda outdated.

http://web.computerpilot.com/

I personally have a subscription with PCPilot, and have had that for many years. Still looking forward to every new release.

Still sad to see these kinds of magazines disappear.

But with the latest revamp of the Flight simulator market (Steam) and quality of recent add-ons, I do think that there is plenty of subjects to write about.

And, yes...... a lot has changed over the last 10 years or so.

Let me get back to my magazine, and my home built cockpit which I finished 18 months ago.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Bizarre my Google search for them failed to find it this morning. It does seem a month or so out of date. And yes I do like PC Pilot mag however I cannot find it here anymore. A local supermarket used to stock it occasionally but when the English manager moved on they stopped - He must have been a simmer. I dislike d/l mags but may have to bite the bullet and sign up with them.

Edit I just clicked on your link a second time and it could not find it. Third time was good however.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Naismith: There's a digital version of PC Pilot which might be worth a look if you can't find a stockist any more: http://www.pcpilot.net/subscribe.asp
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Bizarre my Google search for them failed to find it this morning. It does seem a month or so out of date. And yes I do like PC Pilot mag however I cannot find it here anymore. A local supermarket used to stock it occasionally but when the English manager moved on they stopped - He must have been a simmer. I dislike d/l mags but may have to bite the bullet and sign up with them.

Edit I just clicked on your link a second time and it could not find it. Third time was good however.
    Just remember, "brown shoes don't make it".

i have the digital version of pcpilot and do enjoy it. Loads cheaper than the print version.

bob

Can you get a subscription out to the US, or is it a bit costly to get it shipped out there?

cheers,
    Lewis

I have a subscription for the paper version of PCPilot. Cost about $60 for a 2 year sign up, and no shipping charges. For me the magazine is worth every penny
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    Can you get a subscription out to the US, or is it a bit costly to get it shipped out there?

cheers,
    Lewis
    Possibly but I live in Canada - yes I know and I apologise, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I have a subscription for the paper version of PCPilot. Cost about $60 for a 2 year sign up, and no shipping charges. For me the magazine is worth every penny
    $79.99 to Canada - Swmbo would probably veto.
    Corsair 850W PSU
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I'm subscribed to PCPilot for 6 years now, every time a 2-year sub. Around 70 euro's IIRC, to The Netherlands.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Members who have read this thread: 0