big problems getting FSXSE to run

Thread: big problems getting FSXSE to run

big problems getting FSXSE to run

when I first downloaded fsxse, it would run. But it seemed to me that the install did not go quite right. But I launched it and flew a couple of times. It seemed to run about the same as regular fsx but with the sliders all maxed. it had my interest. So the other night I went back to it, but couldn't get it to run. I have the steam set to auto update. so after a brief period of no use when I went back to it, it said I needed to install (think an update). after being unsuccessful getting the update/install to run, I uninstalled fsxse (not steam, just fsxse) and it still could not install the game.

I consistently get the same issue. I did notice that steam is installed in my programs files (x86) directory and not just program files. any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails steam install problem.jpg  

I have uninstalled steam and reinstalled steam. Still have the same problem with FSX SE. Every time I click play it goes into reinstall. No one else having this type of problem?

SOH-CM-2022
    Can't really help you as Steam installed fine on my system.

However I just checked and confirmed that on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installation Steam is installed into the Programs Files (x86). So that part is correct at least.

Gavin

Thanks Gavin. I am at a lose. I was sure a complete uninstall and re-install would clear things up. I even disabled my virus protection and malwarebytes.

It sounds as if there is a bad left over file somewhere, maybe in the registry.

Download the free Uninstaller from IOBIT. It will hunt out and remove all traces of FSX. You will probably have to reinstall it first, then just go to Programs and features again and uninstall. Once done IOBIT will ask if you want to do a power uninstall. That will find and remove any bad files left behind.

The uninstall seems to have it working. Now if I could just switch my dx10 fixer program over to the fax-SE installation. I used the dx10 fixer control panel to change the directory to there fix-SE folder but it doesn't really switch. I suppose I will have to uninstall the dx10 fixer program and reinstall it too?

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    The uninstall seems to have it working. Now if I could just switch my dx10 fixer program over to the fax-SE installation. I used the dx10 fixer control panel to change the directory to there fix-SE folder but it doesn't really switch. I suppose I will have to uninstall the dx10 fixer program and reinstall it too?
    Sorry. I don't use DX10 at all.. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdguy View Post
    Sorry. I don't use DX10 at all.. Maybe someone else can help with that.
    Thanks for your help

Members who have read this thread: 0