cessna 421c

Thread: cessna 421c

cessna 421c

Flight sim really needs another one of these. There was one years ago. It was one of my very first payware add-one. I think the Cessna 421c golden eagle is a beautiful plane. I have never flown in one, but the performance specs look great two. I guest that is what they say... if it looks right, it usually flies right.

I would love to have a really high quality visual model with in depth systems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cessna 421.jpg  

that is pretty...maybe Carenado or alebeo might do it?

Agreed! It was my first ever payware a/c. Sure could use a major update Flight One.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Flysimware has already done the Cessna 402C and 441 for FSX, so if anyone is going to do a 421, they would be the logical pick. I have their 402C, the exterior modeling is excellent, flight model seems good (I'm not a real pilot), the virtual cockpit graphics are not the best, but everything works as it is supposed to and the systems modeling is good, considering the constraints of FSX.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Flight1 should redo their old version... with GTN 750 integration lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thanks for the heads up on the 404. I knew about the flysimware models. But in my mind those Cessna models are sort of like school busses while the 421c golden eagle is like a high performance luxury sedan.

The Carenado models are beautiful, but I often find my self wishing the systems were more in depth (and functional). I gues I am getting spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the 404. I knew about the flysimware models. But in my mind those Cessna models are sort of like school busses while the 421c golden eagle is like a high performance luxury sedan.

The Carenado models are beautiful, but I often find my self wishing the systems were more in depth (and functional). I gues I am getting spoiled.
    Now what would ever make you think that Cessna 402's are like school buses?

And I agree with you on Carenado, nice 3D models, but systems are too often poor or non-existent.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Now what would ever make you think that Cessna 402's are like school buses?

And I agree with you on Carenado, nice 3D models, but systems are too often poor or non-existent.
    I can't imagine!

I have the Carenado PA46 Malibu. Which is a beautiful model. but it is kinda like they stop at 85% on the systems stuff. I would LOVE the Malibu if they had just finished the job.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I can't imagine!

I have the Carenado PA46 Malibu. Which is a beautiful model. but it is kinda like they stop at 85% on the systems stuff. I would LOVE the Malibu if they had just finished the job.
    Couldn't agree with you more. I have only two Carenado offerings, the Seneca II and the Baron 58. The Seneca II is one of their earlier releases and it's actually good, the Baron came later, is a bit harder on the frame rates and they forgot to back lights the radio selector panel and the fuel totalizer gauge. I'm tempted by the newly released Alabeo 404, but I might wait to read some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I have only two Carenado offerings, the Seneca II and the Baron 58. The Seneca II is one of their earlier releases and it's actually good, the Baron came later, is a bit harder on the frame rates and they forgot to back lights the radio selector panel and the fuel totalizer gauge. I'm tempted by the newly released Alabeo 404, but I might wait to read some reviews.
    Same here, I have the their AC11 Commander 114. It is one of my favorite even though it is getting long in the tooth. It is pretty simple plane. But it flies nicely after the new flight model by Mr. Stollie (sp?).

I am watching the Navajo, because I had a friend many years ago with one and flew in the right seat with him several times.... so that is almost a given.

Members who have read this thread: 5