HMS Bounty Project 17th century Harbour scenery - FS9/FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty Project 17th century Harbour scenery - FS9/FSX

Just beautiful, striking, and simply mesmerizing .... great textures and modeling my friend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nigel, a grass strip would be ideal. As long as we could get the occasional DC-3 in and out.

As for the people cutouts, I'm doing good to work EZ Scenery, but maybe the guys at CalClassic would have an idea? They use a lot of them and some of the people there have been converting the FS9 retro scenery to FSX.

Still "gobsmacked"!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just beautiful, striking, and simply mesmerizing .... great textures and modeling my friend.
    You do me gracious honour, my friend - I'm truly indebted to your amazing gmax tutorials in getting this far :-)

Thank YOU Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Nigel, a grass strip would be ideal. As long as we could get the occasional DC-3 in and out.

As for the people cutouts, I'm doing good to work EZ Scenery, but maybe the guys at CalClassic would have an idea? They use a lot of them and some of the people there have been converting the FS9 retro scenery to FSX.

Still "gobsmacked"!
    Done! A grass strip it is then :-)
    Dc-3? Yep, happy to oblige - reckon you could even manage to deftly put down a C-46 if we judge things right.

Will take your advice and put feelers out to the CalClassic team - great crowd of people.

Thanks
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Have been experimenting with shallow water/beach ground polys with promising results IMO.

Wish I could overcome the issues I'm having with human 'cutout' figures. They show up great in FS9, but in FSX I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Have tried DXT1 and 3 - nothing doing, so if anyone has a solution for FSX, the cider's on me :-)

PS: Willy; I'll PM you as soon as I have something workable for you - Thanks :-)

Absolutely stunning, Nigel! Let's meet in the Black Bull for a pint.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Absolutely stunning, Nigel! Let's meet in the Black Bull for a pint.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    The Black Bull it is then, Matey!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Any news Nigel?

Cheers Chris

Members +
    Hi guys, I stand corrected, but did Milton once say that there was another smaller boat/ship due out as well?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi guys, I stand corrected, but did Milton once say that there was another smaller boat/ship due out as well?
    Aw shucks! I though everyone had forgotten.

Bigger than a Jolly boat and Cutter, the Bounty work boat, the Launch... awaiting textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members +
    lol... No rush Milton. Sometimes, I think there are guys here that even remember things that have not been said yet.

Nigel bump.

Cheers Chris

Of course Nigel lives in Greece and recently said his hard drive had burnt out.

Bearing in mind the money restrictions in Greece perhaps that explains the silence.

Nigel I hope things are ok.

Cheers Chris

Exchanged a rare email with him a week ago. Computer is down and out, in the shop awaiting parts. With the restrictions, not sure when it will be repaired.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton.
    Any update on the launch?The Bounty's launch that is!!

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Milton.

Cheers Chris
    The Launch is awaiting final textures from Nigel. Not sure when he will get his new computer out of the shop.
    When he does, he has a lot of things to get it up to speed and before he returns to project work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton.
    Any further news on Nigel and his new computer?
    Cheers Chris

Hi Milton.
    Any further news on Nigel and his new computer?
    Cheers Chris
    My last email to him was October 5th ... no response.

I just bumped him again. I'm sure when he gets back online, he will jump in here for a "hello" as a minimum.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    My last email to him was October 5th ... no response.

I just bumped him again. I'm sure when he gets back online, he will jump in here for a "hello" as a minimum.

Thanks
    Well and truly BUMPED :-)
    Greetings to all and apologies for delays - it's just that RW stuff that gets in our way
    now and again.

Migrating from my beloved XP to Windows 7.0 has set half my scenery programs adrift, particularly sbuilder which I understand requires me to install certain modules to get it running again. Will continue the scenery - INCLUDING a landing strip for Willy, when I can get it all sorted out

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Just glad to hear you're still in the game Nigel. Welcome back!

I know what you mean about programs and Windows upgrades. I went from XP to 8.1 a few months ago. Fortunately, my preferred paint programs still work.

Now that you're back, have you solved the issue with the people cutouts?

Members +
    Hi Milton.

Cheers Chris

Blog Entries
    Just glad to hear you're still in the game Nigel. Welcome back!

I know what you mean about programs and Windows upgrades. I went from XP to 8.1 a few months ago. Fortunately, my preferred paint programs still work.

Now that you're back, have you solved the issue with the people cutouts?
    Thanks Willy - glad to be back among great friends.

Re the people cutouts - I think so but the program I use to remove shadows frome people and tree models is on the above mentioned list.

The airstrip will take most traffic - have tried out all Miltons models of course, Dc-3, Curtiss C-46 (standing on the brakes when giving it throttle first!!!), Boeing 727; easy-peasy and our big faithful Douglas 4's and 6's for good measure.

I'd love to see some of the PV-2's, Lodestars and Mallards you talented people have been working magic on too!!!

Might just be able to squeeze in a few animations for good measure.

This is where I got to before meltdown:

Everything's backed up though, so no worries :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2015-nov-24-001.jpg   -2015-nov-24-002.jpg   -2015-nov-24-003.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post

me too!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Well and truly BUMPED :-)
    Greetings to all and apologies for delays - it's just that RW stuff that gets in our way
    now and again.

Migrating from my beloved XP to Windows 7.0 has set half my scenery programs adrift, particularly sbuilder which I understand requires me to install certain modules to get it running again. Will continue the scenery - INCLUDING a landing strip for Willy, when I can get it all sorted out
    HIP HIP HURRAH!!! Nigel's back in the House!!!

Thanks Willy - glad to be back among great friends.

Re the people cutouts - I think so but the program I use to remove shadows frome people and tree models is on the above mentioned list.

The airstrip will take most traffic - have tried out all Miltons models of course, Dc-3, Curtiss C-46 (standing on the brakes when giving it throttle first!!!), Boeing 727; easy-peasy and our big faithful Douglas 4's and 6's for good measure.

I'd love to see some of the PV-2's, Lodestars and Mallards you talented people have been working magic on too!!!

Might just be able to squeeze in a few animations for good measure.

This is where I got to before meltdown:

Everything's backed up though, so no worries :-)
    Looks outstanding! You sir, are a true artist.

On aircraft, going back to the early CFS days, if we wanted something "invisible", we used to paint the bits we didn't want to see pure black (0,0,0,). Make an alpha layer for it with those bits on the alpha also pure black. Voila, no can see in the sim. It's still done for 2d panels to see out the front. I'm not sure how it would work with scenery though, but it is a thought.

I've got an old CFS 2 paint for the simTech Do 335 (that I call ol' Bulletcatcher) that has holes shot all through it using this technique. It still works very well in FS9. Haven't tried it in FSX though but I see no reason why it wouldn't at least on aircraft.

Blog Entries
    Looks outstanding! You sir, are a true artist.

On aircraft, going back to the early CFS days, if we wanted something "invisible", we used to paint the bits we didn't want to see pure black (0,0,0,). Make an alpha layer for it with those bits on the alpha also pure black. Voila, no can see in the sim. It's still done for 2d panels to see out the front. I'm not sure how it would work with scenery though, but it is a thought.

I've got an old CFS 2 paint for the simTech Do 335 (that I call ol' Bulletcatcher) that has holes shot all through it using this technique. It still works very well in FS9. Haven't tried it in FSX though but I see no reason why it wouldn't at least on aircraft.
    Willy; you're spot on re 'black holes' that's the correct way to go (unless of course, the surface you're working on has a designated reflection map - in which case you'll get a sun-bright shine instead of a hole).

It's the method used by fs for autogen trees - we'll get to the bottom of this :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Hi Nigel,
    Hope Greece is settling down again!!!!
    Any news on the scenery or the launch?
    Cheers

Members who have read this thread: 0