Su22 Beta has some new clothes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Su22 Beta has some new clothes.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

Su22 Beta has some new clothes.

I have been playing with some paints on Flusirainers Sukhoi 22 Beta. I have had to restart the production line since loosing all my masters on a HDD death last November.

The first paint is a Soviet AF photo recce scheme, Blue 14. and is available: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jqzsmdy58...CKSXLteja?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_sovb14_wip.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

Thanks Bjoern

Here's a Vietnamese low vis grey scheme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yfjvl1umd..._viet.zip?dl=0

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_viet5809_wip.jpg  

Hey Steve -- Thanks for the paints, rolling my Su-22 into the paint shop as we speak. Good to see you're still around, mate.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi Tom.

Here's a Ukrainian scheme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1vnk4qlgu...raine.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_ukraine.jpg  

Nice birds !!

Thank you for sharing !

L'iguane

Nicely done, that Ukraine "Yellow 38" skin. I have always enjoyed flying this jet... thought the flight dynamics were very realistic for the Su-22, In the cockpit, the gauges and joystick movement are smooth as hot fudge and with SteveB's paints the visual model is eye candy. This "beta" is really off to a great start, looking forward to the final release. BTW, it's still a real challenge to land, especially in crosswinds and on wet runways.

BB686

Loved this beast of an aircraft ever since I saw two Czech Fitters doing a low, fast pass down the Fairford runway (kicking out flares all the way) at RIAT 1992.

Thanks to Bjoern for the heads up on the latest version and to Steve for these wonderful repaints.
    Andy

Su-22 (beta version) by flusirainer

Love flying the SU-7, anyone got a shortcut to get my hands on the SU-22 (Beta) from Flusirainer?

Su-22 fitter c

Thanks for that Navtech. Will give it a test flight tomorrow. Weather here still a bit iffy for trying out a beastie like this.
    Mal

Coming soon, just a few edges too sort on these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_angolan_wip.jpg   fr_su22_dra_wip.jpg   fr_su22_sovw14_wip.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveB; May 19th, 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Homer moment

Just wondering, did the DDR (GDR) fly these? Not seeing any examples above prompts the Q. I have a side collection of aircraft sporting East German markings.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Just wondering, did the DDR (GDR) fly these? Not seeing any examples above prompts the Q. I have a side collection of aircraft sporting East German markings.
    Both the LSK (air force) and Volksmarine flew the Sukhoi Su-22M4. When Germany reunified they were passed on to the Luftwaffe where, although they sported full markings, were never really used in service but mainly for test and evaluation; Hawker Hunter Aviation, who provide threat simulation and other services with a fleet of Hunters based at Scampton, also have a Fitter (ex 98+14) in their fleet - it "undergoes regular anti-det maintenance and custodial ground runs" and can, theoretically, be reactivated to flight status (as can their Buccaneer) if required.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15702082156_be2aee7295_c.jpg  
    Andy

Here's MFG-28's special "Susi", painted in the colors of the flag of Mecklenburg (where Rostock Laage AB is located).
    http://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewto...d51a&start=360
    http://forum.ddr-flugzeuge.de/viewto...tart=360#p6778

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    JBG-77 (Rostock Laage) - 23 Su-22M4, 4 Su-22UM3K
    MFG-28 (Rostock Laage) - 23 Su-22M4, 4 Su-22UM3K

As expected from a forum named "DDR-Flugzeuge.de", whose members made the model and to which I've posted a link, the LSK camo is the default paint scheme.
    Y'all need to read stuff more carefully.

Sweet! Thanks Steve!

BB686

SOH-CM-2023
    Did anybody do a repaint of the polish fitters that were just retired (or are about to be retired?)?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Did anybody do a repaint of the polish fitters that were just retired (or are about to be retired?)?

Sean
    Yup, i would love to see Polish Fitter too, if that would not be too hard...
    And Hungarian one too...

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Yup, i would love to see Polish Fitter too, if that would not be too hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    And Hungarian one too...
    IIRC Zsolt has already done a Polish and Hungarian schemes pictures are on his fs2004 screenshots thread. If I'm wrong on this and it wouldn't be the first time, I will do both of them for you. At the moment I am working on Bulgaria, Soviet and Afgahni schemes.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_sovr34_wip.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveB; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:44.

I have just finished the Soviet and Afgahnistan schemes.

Soviet AF, Guards red 34 (see picture in previous post): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jazfwqqs26...ovr34.zip?dl=0

Democratic Republic of Afgahnistan : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2eow4bt1u...ra189.zip?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_dra189_wip.jpg  

Here is a scheme that has been sitting in the paint shop for a few weeks, and will be continued once I have released some layered masters for the Mallard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fr_su22_poland_wip.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4