Mirage 2000C Released

Thread: Mirage 2000C Released

Mirage 2000C Released

The Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000C has been released.

It is also available at JustFlight today - http://www.justflight.com/product/me...sh-mirage-2000

Under development for over well two years it is a joy to look at and fly.

I just installed the P3D version. Are there anyone else experiencing an FPS hit with this model (working mirror seems to be an issue on my old PC)?

Best regards
    Dag

Working mirrors do indeed impact the FPS quite a bit. I tested it with the planes from Dino and it was still flyable, but the FPS took some hit.
    Is it an option on that Mirage, or a mandatory feature that can't be disabled ?

Confirm major FPS hit compared with the beta which was butter smooth.

Still not found a way to deactivate mirrors, I'll check the beta forum.

Edit: Nothing in the M2K forum so far. However, I found the following section in the aircraft.cfg:

[CameraDefinition.9]
    Title="$Mirror"

I commented out the whole section and FPS are back the way they used to be. The downside is that the mirror is black. I'll experiment further with the settings of this camera that may keep it on but help with FPS. Any suggestions welcome.

Alternatively you can install the fsx version. You need to make a fake fsx.exe inside the root prepar3d folder and point the installer to that folder.

Best regards
    Dag

It's a tripple installer. Works on FSX, FSX:SE and P3D.

Dag, that is a good idea. If you select FSX and point it into P3D it installs the version with the painted, not working mirror. If you select P3D, the working mirror is installed.

The mirror brought FPS in my new system from abt 40 to 28. Still flyable but although a nice effect, it is not worth the loss of smoothness that this great model offers us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Dag, that is a good idea. If you select FSX and point it into P3D it installs the version with the painted, not working mirror. If you select P3D, the working mirror is installed.

The mirror brought FPS in my new system from abt 40 to 28. Still flyable but although a nice effect, it is not worth the loss of smoothness that this great model offers us.
    It could be that the Ground Power Unit will not be loaded properly as the installer will probably look for the dll.xml in the wrong location so maybe it was not such a great idea after all... Anyway, I had a previously modified dll.xml in the right location from a late beta so that was not a problem for me.

Dag

Could install the fsx version, grab the mirror texture and then paste it into the corresponding texture folder in P3D and then turn off the mirror? I wonder if there simply a lack of texture and that's why the mirrors are black when not turned on?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Mirror solution

I asked on FB. Direct from M2M: Copy the fsx vc model to your p3d install until a new build is out. Thank you m2m.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Great news! Sounds reasonable.

Got this last night and had issues with the low FPS with the mirrors, had to install the FSX version to get the VC. Don't have any issues with Dino's models with the Mirrors. Second issue I have is with the CCIP where it jumps up and down, had the issue prior and after changing the VC. make it hard to place a bomb accurately. Other than this its a really nice model, struggled to get the HUD first off but figured out that I needed to get the alternators and pumps on then I got power!
    Has anyone got the break chute working?

Haven't got this yet, although it's high on my "to buy" list, but I'm pretty sure I've read the chute isn't modelled due to hitting model animation limits.

I tried to add the wingtanks and Matra's as per Henk's instruction in the FSX board, but apparently this doesn't work in P3D...

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Cheers,

Johan

Thanks Dave, shame that as that would have been nice to have. I have a forum post on M2M forums so hopefully might get something back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I tried to add the wingtanks and Matra's as per Henk's instruction in the FSX board, but apparently this doesn't work in P3D...

Cheers,

Johan
    I had this since beta and had it installed in P3D without tacpack as there was simply no tacpack for P3D back then. Adding weights in pylons as per Henk's instructions worked fine to show the ordnance and tanks. You have to be careful with station numbers and exact figures you use though otherwise they do not appear. I'll check later and get back to you.

Thx a million Dimus!!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Cheers,
    Johan
    I installed the M2K in FSX but I can also fly it in P3Dv2.5 (through a symbolic link) and the loadout cheat works just as good in P3D as it does in FSX...

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I installed the M2K in FSX but I can also fly it in P3Dv2.5 (through a symbolic link) and the loadout cheat works just as good in P3D as it does in FSX...
    Mind posting the relevant section here Henk? The one with the two external tanks and the Magic II's!

Cheers,

Johan

Johan, FYI:

Code:
    station_load.0  = 220,   0,   0.000,  0.000, "Pilot"
    station_load.1  =  12,   0, -10.774, -2.887, "STA1"  ;0  R550=12        pylon=5
    station_load.2  =  20,   0,  -7.635, -2.887, "STA2"  ;1  RP541 tank=20  S530=13    pylon=8
    station_load.3  =   0,   0,  -3.583, -2.549, "BL1"   ;2
    station_load.4  =   0,   0,  -2.611, -2.493, "BL2"   ;3
    station_load.5  =   1,   0,  -0.327,  0.429, "LGUN"  ;4
    station_load.6  =   0,   0,   0.000, -2.530, "STA3"  ;5  RP522 tank=21  pylon=5
    station_load.7  =   1,   0,   0.327,  0.429, "RGUN"  ;6
    station_load.8  =   0,   0,   3.583, -2.549, "BL3"   ;7
    station_load.9  =   0,   0,   2.611, -2.493, "BL4"   ;8
    station_load.10 =  20,   0,   7.635, -2.887, "STA4"  ;9  RP541 tank=20  S530=13    pylon=8
    station_load.11 =  12,   0,  10.774, -2.887, "STA5"  ;10 R550=12        pylon=5

Thanks Henk! Backed up for the future so that I don't have to bother you again!

Johan

Exactly what Henk said Yohan. It should work.

Water is my problem, if I fly over water the CCIP is all over the place or expecting to drop a bomb to bottom of the sea... Over land its OK... Posted over at Metal2Mesh forum my findings...

Members who have read this thread: 1