Mirage 2000C Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage 2000C Released

Mirage 2000C Released

The Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000C has been released.

It is also available at JustFlight today - http://www.justflight.com/product/me...sh-mirage-2000

Under development for over well two years it is a joy to look at and fly.

Current version is 1.02, for FSX , P3D v2 and FSX-SE.

Cheers,
    Hank

I'm assuming that if you've bought it as a pre-release / beta directly from Metal2Mesh, that you've still able to download it from the Metal2Mesh website?

I'd check for myself, but my M2M login credentials reside in a little password book at home on my desk, which is where I'm not.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    I'm assuming that if you've bought it as a pre-release / beta directly from Metal2Mesh, that you've still able to download it from the Metal2Mesh website?

I'd check for myself, but my M2M login credentials reside in a little password book at home on my desk, which is where I'm not.
    That is correct

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Looks magnificent! Also looks like I'll need to upgrade my rig to use it properly, but well done you lot!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Looks magnificent! Also looks like I'll need to upgrade my rig to use it properly, but well done you lot!
    Yeah.. I wondered about that too. The published specs at Just Flight are.. well.. ridiculously low. My rig (i5 2500K/3.3-3.7gig..Win7Ult..8gig ram..Palit GTX560Ti 1.2gig) far exceeds it but I've more than a feeling in my water that it would struggle. I could get it for a song with my JF points too but I'm loathe to buy it fearing it would run like a 3-legged dog.

ATB
    DaveB

Guys, the M2M Mirage 2000 is extremely FPS friendly!! Hence the low specs........

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Guys, the M2M Mirage 2000 is extremely FPS friendly!! Hence the low specs........

Hank
    Hank..
    The boys over in the P3D forum are reporting FPS hits in the release version where before, it was smooth.:-O
    EDIT: Looks like it was the mirrors so this may not be a problem in FSX?

ATB
    DaveB

No problems with the mirrors in FSX Dave, but will do some further checking within P3D. Though I must say I hadn't noticed any problems within P3D so far.

Cheers

No problems with the mirrors in FSX Dave, but will do some further checking within P3D. Though I must say I hadn't noticed any problems within P3D so far.

Cheers
    Rgr that Hank.. cheers. I feel a purchase coming on

ATB
    DaveB

This is easily some of the best modeling work of a combat plane for FSX I've ever flown. It's so immersive and my system can handle it. If you like combat aircraft and don't have this yet, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

A definite "must-have" item.

Dave

Hank
    Hank old chap, the M2M site says 4gb ram and a 1gb video card - mine is a 512gb card on an old rig. Oddly, JF say 2gb ram and a 512gb card. Somebody might be wrong...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hank old chap, the M2M site says 4gb ram and a 1gb video card - mine is a 512gb card on an old rig. Oddly, JF say 2gb ram and a 512gb card. Somebody might be wrong...
    Yup.. that's what I meant by ridiculously low. Ah well.. I suppose I'd better try it

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hank..
    The boys over in the P3D forum are reporting FPS hits in the release version where before, it was smooth.:-O
    EDIT: Looks like it was the mirrors so this may not be a problem in FSX?

ATB
    DaveB

Runs smooth on my rig in FSX. I hadnt flown this one in a couple of months. I bought it as beta. Now going to have to relearn the switchology. But she flies sweet! This is one aeroplane I wish the USA had purchased in some capacity.

I bought into the pre release beta early on and performance has been fantastic all the waynthrough...mirrors can be disabled in P3D also. I've been using it on p3dv2 for a long time albeit without TP until it was recently released. it's super smooth!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Runs smooth on my rig in FSX. I hadnt flown this one in a couple of months. I bought it as beta. Now going to have to relearn the switchology. But she flies sweet! This is one aeroplane I wish the USA had purchased in some capacity.
    One thing about 'switchology' Eric. Does this thing start 'hot' or do you have to learn every switch to get the thing to fire up? I'd like to buy it but I can't be @rsed having to cold start it every time. A 'Wash'n'Go' mode would suit me fine
    ATB
    DaveB

DaveB, no problem just using ctr+E for quickstart, only a few switches extra (for HUD and generator) and you can go for a spin

Hank

Ok Hank.. cheers Something a little more elegant would be nice but Ctrl+E will do nicely

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Ok Hank.. cheers Something a little more elegant would be nice but Ctrl+E will do nicely

ATB
    DaveB
    There is Dave, very elegant and simple..... the actual starting procedure !!

(4 switches actually.... 2x fuel pumps, 1x starter pump and the starter switch)

JF has it wrong unfortunately, we state it at 4gb ram and 1gb video card. I honestly don't know how it will handle on a 512gb card.

Hank

hahahahahaha... cheers Hank

Well.. I bought it. Not only that.. I took the unusual step of looking at the manual. I didn't get very far though.. you need a LOT more than a couple of minutes to even glance through it let alone take any of it in!!

How does it run on my i5?? Actually, not bad.. not bad at all. I am getting some micro-stutters.. not all the time but they're there nonetheless. Anyone running the MV F-15 on a similar rig can expect similar performance I reckon. The Mirage is certainly no worse. To give prospective buyers an idea.. here's what I'm running FSX on:
    Win7 Ultimate (64-bit)
    Asus P8P67 mobo (rev1)
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3-3.7gig (not overclocked)
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Palit GTX560Ti 1.2gig DDR5
    OS on a 250gig SSD
    FSX on a Sata3 WD512gig HD
    GenXv3/Treescapes on a Sata2 WD512gig HD

I'd consider this pretty much 'minimum spec'. Anything less and you'd be asking for trouble unless your sim settings were cranked down to compensate.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Corsair 660TX PSU in a Corsair case

Yep, the starting routine is quite quick and easy. The first time I d/l'ed the beta, I was able to get it started up without much difficulty at all. In fact, I spent more time looking around the v/c thinking I had more switches to flip than that! Compared to some of the other aircraft in my hangar, it's a nicely 'simple' jet to fly. There's depth, but it's still possible to take it up for a quick spin without having to open a textbook.
    Jim Stewart

Thanks Jimmy

My first flight was (cough) ctrl+E but I'll make an effort. The annoying warning lamp has to go so I need to know how to kill it (not the one that resets when pressed) The FD is unusual and a joy to fly.. especially from the tower view where you can admire your skills (or lack of)!

It really is beautifully made. I spent 20mins just looking at it in admiration. The detail.. the paint (only 1 I've looked at thus far.. Prototype). I've yet to delve into the VC. TBH, it's wasted on me. A very large percentage of what it can do I'll probably never see (like the MV F-15). I don't have TacPak.. yet. Pity about the micro-stutters but they're present all the time and generally.. it seems to put less load on my rig than the MV P-38 surprisingly enough. Still.. I'm a happy chappy. Off to find that 'what if' RAF paint now.
    ATB
    DaveB

Without Tacpack, can you still load rockets and tanks, albeit as static displays?

Thanks - Rob

Members who have read this thread: 2