World Air Power Nimrod/Shackelton Package - does it work ?

Thread: World Air Power Nimrod/Shackelton Package - does it work ?

Question World Air Power Nimrod/Shackelton Package - does it work ?

Hi,

I've just purchased the old "World Air Power" EWR Nimrod + Shackleton package, second hand(!), from eBay.

I have two questions :

a) Anyone else ever tried it - it claims to work in CFS2, but does it ?
    b) The paperwork (if there is/was any) is missing - all I have is the box, the cd, and box art/liner..... and wait for it ... it seems to need a serial number to install. Of course the pdf manual says nothing about that, or what to do if its missing..... suggestions ?

regards,
    SD
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I've just purchased...second hand(!), from eBay.... suggestions ?
    God help you buddy...i just never had the nerve for eBay purchases. I'm not the most trusting soul with regards to consumer to consumer online auctioning and i hate those inevitable disappointments that leave you asking around for help when you get the package. If they're still around somehow, try emailing the publishers/developers.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hello Super,
    I have been around a while and never heard of it ??

I did a quick search and all I can find is your comments on the SOH,

Please let us know if it works....................

Just for the record...Bearcat and I Live by the same rules.

Sorry I could not help,

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Who is the publisher and is it for FS2000?

That is the only reference I could find.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Who is the publisher and is it for FS2000?

That is the only reference I could find.
    Yes it is/was for Fs2000. But, the cover art says the aircraft work in CFS2 (blue box in the lower left).
    The publisher was www.worldairsim.com of Harpenden in the UK. The Internet time machine (wayback machine) indicates they probably went out of business at the end or 2002 (that was the last successful crawl of their site).

Seems they did an E3 Sentry as well.... hey ho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WAP_EWR_Cover.jpg  
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Are you able to run the CD?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thumbs up

Unfortunately SD, there was probably a paper booklet version of the manual and this possibly had the serial number on it. So you're up a gum-tree without it I'm afraid......

It would be a simple registry hack if someone had the knowledge.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Are you able to run the CD?
    The CD(which is the original) is fine - it has the usual stuff - pdf manuals, a copy of adobe reader, a fs2000 patch and a setup.exe and associated files, and 3 x .cab files which, from their size contain the 'package'.

So the CD is fine, but the installer wants some serial number, and the .cab files appear to be pwd protected....

So ... its a bummer.
    I guess I'll put it down to experience.
    (the eBay seller has refunded me, but I'd rather have a working Nimrod + shackleton).

SD
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    God help you buddy...i just never had the nerve for eBay purchases. I'm not the most trusting soul with regards to consumer to consumer online auctioning and i hate those inevitable disappointments that leave you asking around for help when you get the package. If they're still around somehow, try emailing the publishers/developers.
    I've never had a problem with eBay. It seems Craig's List is the one to be wary of from what I can tell.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Ah fixed it !

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Unfortunately SD, there was probably a paper booklet version of the manual and this possibly had the serial number on it. So you're up a gum-tree without it I'm afraid......

It would be a simple registry hack if someone had the knowledge.

Cheers

Shessi
    OK, so I 'fixed' it.
    The required string is in plain text in one of the setup files. You just gotta find it.

So, now I have a Nimrod MR2, and a Shackleton AEW. They're not too bad (for Fs200 style models). Take off is impressively long (no Island strips for these birds), and climb out is glacial, but stately. No weaps, and only basic animation, but worth the £2.99.

So, all's well that ends well.

SD
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Glad you got it to work, nothing worse than thinking you have been ripped off.

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    (the eBay seller has refunded me, but I'd rather have a working Nimrod + shackleton).

SD
    So you now have the installation working, plus the refund?...sweet! The seller should have directed you to that key before refunding - its his loss now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I've never had a problem with eBay. It seems Craig's List is the one to be wary of from what I can tell.
    Thanks Naismith, but i'm sticking to my guns on this one. There's nothing in either camp that i can't do without.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    So you now have the installation working, plus the refund?...sweet! The seller should have directed you to that key before refunding - its his loss now.
    I offered the vendor to pay again, but he declined saying I shouldn't have had to dig out serial numbers from binary files... He got nice feedback from me, I thought that only fair.

SD
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Members who have read this thread: 0