A Salute to the Vets

Thread: A Salute to the Vets

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Here is a great video that can be watched in HD of the flight ops around Culpeper, VA today, where the majority of the warbirds were staged out of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEdZafAHG2Q

Here is the C-SPAN coverage (unfortunately not in HD quality): http://www.c-span.org/video/?325808-...ersary-flyover

(The culprit of the TBM Avenger mayday was a hydraulic leak due to a small little crack in one of the hydraulic lines. It was quickly repaired and the aircraft was flown out of Reagan Intl. back to Culpeper, VA (staging airport) already today, and on its way back home.)
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Hey John,
    Just a little OT but have you are any body else done a paint for the WBS Mustangs for the Long Island Kid?
    That is one sharp looking paint job.
    Some great footage from Culpeper. I did want to see and hear the Helldiver though, only showed it starting
    to taxi out and that was it. And the FM1 (aka Martlet) was a good looking gal too, like to see that one painted
    up on the freeware FM1 or the JustFlight Martlet.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Hi Butcherbird17, I did the earlier version a while back...its not perfect. John could do a lot better job. Enjoyed the videos, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx wbs DAKOTA KID.jpg  
    Greenhouse357

Sadly, few World War II veterans alive to see it, including my father who served in the Philippines as a P-38 propeller mechanic. God bless them all, the "Greatest Generation".

Old MSgt

bless em all...bless em all..bless the long and the short and the tall...

beg pardon - watched 12 0'clock high last night in honor of the day - forgot what a good film it is
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2021
    I posted this on the CBFSim site, so apologies to those who have already seen it.

"We will remember them"

Den.

Blog Entries
    I had three great uncles serve in WWII. One served as an Army Ranger and was in the D-Day invasion, one served in the Big Red One, both survived the war. The other flew P-39s, ironically Dub loved the P-39 in New Guinea but was eventually transitioned to P-38s. He was killed on a training flight. God Bless the Greatest Generation
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Members who have read this thread: 0