MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!

MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!

Yo guys..

Just ambled over to MilViz and found the P38 RTG. Downloaded but not installed yet
    ATB
    DaveB

Oh! Now I know what I will do this weekend!

Mv p-38l released!

Hi all,

The MV P-38L is now LIVE and on sale. This is a COMPLETE redux of what is still for sale on the FSD site. We took the cockpit and redid it entirely, model and paint. We took the external and re-uv'd and repainted it in High Def. We redid all the bumps, specs and diffuse maps.

We redid the code, the flight dynamics, the sounds and everything else in this bird so that it's one of the best darned warbirds out there. (our opinion).

With 21 liveries, including 5 by Jan Kees Blom and 16 by Dmitry Usatiy, she comes ready for a variety of different locales, pilots and times...

This is also our first foray into the world of Tacpack. The plane comes in two flavors for that: Tacpack for P3Dv2.5 and Tacpack for FSX. Tacpack for Steam is NOT supported at this time. (note there are some sound bugs with Tacpack that we are, so far, unable to resolve. We will, with luck, get them fixed in a SP).

Please note that the 5$ deal for prior DIRECT purchasers of the P-38RB is only until the end of this month at midnight CST. After that, no reduction. All prior purchasers will be notified by mail about this deal.

We are offering this product off of our website ONLY for the time being.

Thank you for your attention.

Kat

Although the model looks very nice, I thought one announcement was enough. Therefore I merged both threads.

Cheers,
    Huub

On my way. Perfect timing, guys - means I'll be able to get my practice in for the Washington, DC Flyover tomorrow

One question. I don't want to open up a can of sleeping dogs (mixed but I think accurate metaphor), and for that reason a simple yes or no answer will be more than enough. The question is, can the Tacpack version be used in P3D Professional, or only in P3D Academic?

Won't make a difference in whether I purchase, just wondering.

Thanks to everybody for your work on this!

EDIT: Looking at the P3D details on VRS' Tacpack page... and given that the Tacpack-ready version of the P-38 requires a separate Tacpack install (i.e. it's not a bundle)... I'm going to venture a guess that the P3D/Tacpack version of the P-38 will only let you run Tacpack in the Academic version. Again, if that's so, it's fine with me (I'm more of a recon flyer, as you can tell from my avatar). This might be something that Milviz would want to clarify on the P-38 purchase page. Again, am not trying to stir controversy and I'd like to ask that others not use this post as an excuse to stir any of their own. Just trying to figure out the options in a neutral/enthusiastic way. Again, thanks to Milviz, Jan Kees, Dmitry et. al. for pulling this together.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Initial impressions are all I expected from the screenshots. The good news is that my i5 hangs onto it ok.. no worse than the F-15 or Bell 407 I chose Hi-Res textures during the install routine so I'm sure it would run even better on the normal res set. You can just jump in and fly too.. a great bonus for enthusiastic idle flyers like me!!
    The FD is unique.. I've certainly flown nothing like it before. Back pressure is needed on the stick at takeoff to stop the main gear lifting off first and landing is similarly different. The view out would lead you to believe you're coming in nose up but I swear I've touched down nose wheel first. Should've done an instant replay to be certain but bouncing was a clue. You'll find this out for yourselves

So.. thus far.. it's all you would expect from a MilViz release. Download is 719mb.. I thought it was going to be bigger as it took a while to come down. Install routine completely painless. No entries in the Simobjects/Airplanes/MilViz folder like some models.. all relevant detail is in the P38 folder itself.

Y'all have fun out there
    ATB
    DaveB

Read the quick start guide. Anyone know how to make the Yoke appear? Also, during the purchase process with PayPal, there was no place to enter the discount code for the $5 off. Other than that, it looks amazing, sounds amazing and flies great. I just went for the standard FSX model.

Hi,

Clicking on any gauge corner and it should appear.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Read the quick start guide. Anyone know how to make the Yoke appear? Also, during the purchase process with PayPal, there was no place to enter the discount code for the $5 off. Other than that, it looks amazing, sounds amazing and flies great. I just went for the standard FSX model.
    Enter the code before you put it into the cart.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Enter the code before you put it into the cart.

Dave
    Well, I did not see that. But here's a screen shot. Yoke is magically back BTW.

Fantastic news from Kat. Off to check things out at Milviz for the P-38L.
    Last edited by stovall; May 8th, 2015 at 06:02.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

First impression - fantastic work. Not at all like any of the other warbirds in my hangar. Seems much more immersive than the previous generation P-38s (which I admit I didn't spend much time with) - sounds, graphics, FDE all very refined. In many ways less of a handful than some of the other late-war fighters like the P-51, since torque isn't such an issue. I managed an engine-out landing the first time I had to bring her in - the result, I think, of my not understanding the fuel system yet (****!)

Using the high-res graphics she's a bit hard on my system - not unmanageable but in P3D 2.5 I had to lock frames at 33 and set my Orbx trees back from Dense to Normal to (mostly) get rid of stutters. I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling using the normal-res graphics. To put it in context, my system is an i7 4790k clocked at 4.6, with 8 megs of DDR3 2400 GSkill CAS9 RAM and a GTX 980SC. Using MyTraffic at 15 percent, FTX Global, default airports, in the Washington DC area (departing and arriving KGAI). I can run the A2A warbirds unlimited with steady frames at 30 or more (not as fluid as, say, the Warbirdsim Mustangs but pretty decent), so this is a little more of a challenge. Worth it, though, and I think some more experimentation with settings, especially the texture size, will pay off.

In all, highly recommended..

EDIT: is the battery switch reversed or is that a battery/ground power switch, where off = ground power? Yes, ****, he said to himself yet again...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi all,

The MV P-38L is now LIVE and on sale....
    Kat
    Great news!

http://milviz.com/flight/products/P38L/

Just here not good news:

Current Product Limitations:

FSX TacPack version does not function in FSX:Steam Edition.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ohh, I can't wait until I get home tonight!!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

$10 more for the TacPack versions. Hmmm.

Hmmm, maybe someone can answer this.
    Does the Tacpac version work if one hasn't installed Tacpac (yet)?

Cheers,
    Mark

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Hmmm, maybe someone can answer this.
    Does the Tacpac version work if one hasn't installed Tacpac (yet)?

Cheers,
    Mark
    None of the tacpack functionality will work if that's what you mean...
    -JB

Mark,

I think you want to know whether the TackPack version will work in FSX without issues, without Tackpack installed.
    I'm don't have TackPack installed and therefore I was asked by Dutchcheeseblend to test the Fokker D.XXI Tackpack version, to see whether the V2.0 version would give any issues for a none TackPack user.
    It worked without any problem.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi.

It is not recommended for this product.

Thank you.

Kat.

Sorry, I was a bit ambigous with my question. What I meant was, I don't have TacPac yet but might get it sometimes in the future. If I buy the TacPac version of the P-38, does it work without having TP installed. That I don't get the functionality of TP is clear.
    Ah, and I'm a P3D user.

Maybe I should just buy TP along with it and don't worry! :-)

Cheers,
    Mark

Hi

We are looking at making an upgrade available for Tacpack.

That at will be decided today.

Thank you.

Kat.

Kat..

Noticed an error this morning. The wing nav lights shine the wrong way round. Looking at the model without lights on.. the glass is correct on both sides.. eg, green on the right.. red on the left. Turn the wing lights on and the lamp fx shines red on the right and green on the left. How the devil did that get past the testers??!! No matter.. that's what happens

ATB
    DaveB

Hi.

Oh dear. This will certainly be fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi.

Oh dear. This will certainly be fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Cheers Kat
    ATB
    DaveB

The P38 TackPac version IF run without Tackpack will have no ability to load weapons, droptanks or modify fuel quantity.

FWIW TackPac is worth its price , I had been uninterested until having seen it in action as a result of needing to adapt the aircraft to its use and testing, I added sound effects and tracers to TackPac's functionality and now admit to being a convert, all warbirds should be so equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Sorry, I was a bit ambigous with my question. What I meant was, I don't have TacPac yet but might get it sometimes in the future. If I buy the TacPac version of the P-38, does it work without having TP installed. That I don't get the functionality of TP is clear.
    Ah, and I'm a P3D user.

Maybe I should just buy TP along with it and don't worry! :-)

Cheers,
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0