Colr shades problem

Thread: Colr shades problem

Colr shades problem

Good morning the experts,

we have a little problem:
    Gaucho made me a fine Background for the radio post in our CASA 2.111 project.
    looking onto the bmp in paint shop pro all seems to be allright, the colors are well and smooth.
    Than in my flightsim , especially at night there are shades, gradiations visible.
    So I wonder if there is a problem of my flightsim settings or did we make an error somewhere?

color shades problem

and it should be as that
    from where does these display differences come from?

Blog Entries

I see clearly now...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    and it should be as that
    from where does these display differences come from?
    A picture is worth a thousand words! I see what you mean by bleeding colors, etc.
    Got no idea what could be causing this... It does not happen with the regular cockpit panel... does it?
    As a matter of fact I got the same problem with exterior textures in CFS 2... Some aircraft, like the P-51
    I showed in the other thread show fine in FS9... in CFS 2 it shows the wings clearly... and the fuselage "bleeding, etc." to where the
    insignia and livery show blurried... maybe BloodHawk knows something about this... or Allen...

Carlos

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Michael.
    Are you saving the texture as a DXT3 ? ( this some times causes this problem). Try saving as an extended 16 bit 565 instead. this might well solve your problem.

Steve

color problems

the bmp is in normal bmp format 1024 X 768 X 16 million colors
    I have tried if things change setting the fs display to 16 or 32 million colors,
    exactly assame.

Blog Entries

Steve... do you have any suggestions for my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Michael.
    Are you saving the texture as a DXT3 ? ( this some times causes this problem). Try saving as an extended 16 bit 565 instead. this might well solve your problem.

Steve
    I mentioned the problem I have with some aircraft in CFS 2... do you know what my be causing it?
    Any and all help would be appreciated...
    Thanks in advance...
    Carlos

I'm guessing this is a 2D panel view. There are specific formats for that, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nel-bmp-format

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I mentioned the problem I have with some aircraft in CFS 2... do you know what my be causing it?
    Any and all help would be appreciated...
    Thanks in advance...
    Carlos

Hi Carlos.

I had the problem you mentioned about insignia and bare metal, DXT3 compression can be most unkind too them. If memory serves me correct the extended 16 bit 565 format work in cfs2 . If that doesn't help could you post a screenshot from cfs2 and I will have a look into the problem for you, it's been too many years since I dabbled in cfs2 so hoping a screenshot will kick loose the few remaining brain cells.

Steve

Blog Entries

Here is a screenshot...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Hi Carlos.

I had the problem you mentioned about insignia and bare metal, DXT3 compression can be most unkind too them. If memory serves me correct the extended 16 bit 565 format work in cfs2 . If that doesn't help could you post a screenshot from cfs2 and I will have a look into the problem for you, it's been too many years since I dabbled in cfs2 so hoping a screenshot will kick loose the few remaining brain cells.

Steve
    As you can see the fuselage is "clearly" blurred whereas the wings are OK... Now all the textures are the same color gradient, etc. What do you think?

To wit: notice it is not only the roundels... the texturing I did shows a pretty decent metal finish and plenty of details (gas caps even) and the fuselage looks like it was done with my feet...lol
    Last edited by gaucho_59; May 5th, 2015 at 15:56. Reason: addendum

First thing I would check is that you are saving without Mipmaps. Does the texture come sharp if you zoom in? If yes, mipmaps are your culprit. If not check your saved format.

Blog Entries

Sorry folks...

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    First thing I would check is that you are saving without Mipmaps. Does the texture come sharp if you zoom in? If yes, mipmaps are your culprit. If not check your saved format.
    You are barking up the wrong tree pardner... I solved the problem already....
    Mitmaps matter if you are working with extended bmp files... but these textures are straight bmp...
    The culprit was the fact that the wings were 512 x 512... and 256 colors... and the fuselage was still in the 1024 x 1024 8bit color I used to "tune up" the metal finish... somehow... I forgot about it...
    I reduced it to half and 256 colors... and it looks just as sharp as the wings now...
    Thanks anyway for everyone's attempt to help... It just came to me... maybe this is a problem related to the color and size of the textures... and indeed it was...
    I guess I should have tried that before asking for help...lol..

Thanks again,
    Carlos

P.S.: Now if we can figure out the problem bothering Michael... we'd be fine... I am at a loss on that problem... guess it is beyond by paygrade...
    Last edited by gaucho_59; May 5th, 2015 at 16:56. Reason: addendum

Members who have read this thread: 0