Looking for FSX.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Looking for FSX.

  1. #1

    Looking for FSX.

    Its been some time since I played FSX. I some how lost my hard copys of FSX and acceleration. So does anyone know where I can pick up a copy of both? Thanks.

  2. #2
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

  3. #3
    Looked at the steam version, but see some who say it don't work. Also can you use mods with it? Thanks.

  4. #4
    FSXSE works, but some add-on installers might still have problems with it.

  5. #5
    FSX-SE is proving smooth and stable. On a completely clean install all my A2A, Orbx and Flight Replicas add-ons found the install path with no problems and all work perfectly. I'm using Steve's DX10 fixer v2.8 as well, also compatible with SE. Incidentally, extending the old advice to install FSX on a different drive than the OS you can create a second Steam library on any drive and install it there.

  6. #6
    I have a couple of questions about the steam edition I hope some can answer. With the steam edition, can you still install addons by just putting the files in the FSX folders? Also fs9 aircraft still be used? I kbow back then some gauges might not work.

  7. #7
    Yes, you can. FSX Steam Edition may be treated pretty much the same way as FSX Disk Edition...

    ...at least as long as it is the only version installed.

    It only becomes a bit more complicated when one has BOTH Disk and Steam versions installed at the same time!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

    Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

    Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

  8. #8
    Steam user here since release and it works great, also nice and easy to reinstall, install on different PC's etc etc. Got to love the Steam eco system.

  9. #9
    Thanks everyone! Got a lot of questions answered. Now to find a good flightstick with a low budget.

  10. #10
    Im thinking too to uninstall my boxed De Luxe version and install FSX:SE.
    In the last time in the exit (but not always) of FSX I receive g3d.dll error and CTD finally. I heared than FSX:SE is more stable than boxed old version.
    According info from FSInsider the last patch for FSX:SE solved g3d.dll problem.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

  11. #11
    It is very difficult to completely remove FSX from the registry and if you don't,
    FSX Steam will use external folders named FSX_SE instead of FSX.
    There is a registry fix for this however.

    The recognised fix for g3d.dll errors is to install FSUIPC, whether registered or not
    it removes them for most people.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    It is very difficult to completely remove FSX from the registry and if you don't,
    FSX Steam will use external folders named FSX_SE instead of FSX.
    There is a registry fix for this however.

    The recognised fix for g3d.dll errors is to install FSUIPC, whether registered or not
    it removes them for most people.
    Any link for this fix for registry for the future?

    I have FSUPIC full version for sure.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

  13. #13
    The link's down at the moment.
    This would only apply if FSX has not been completely removed.
    Changing the registry entry works the next time that FSX Steam is run and
    is entirely reversible.
    The way to do it is to navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition
    where you will find a key named Co-Existence.
    Its value by default is 1, which makes FSX Steam create the external FSX-SE folders.
    If you change the value to 0, FSX Steam will create external folders named FSX.
    In this way, installers built for FSX will find the files in exactly the right places and
    work properly.
    The few installers that detect the FSX root folder using the registry and do not offer the
    choice to navigate elsewhere will require the existing (64 bit OS) FSX location at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ microsoft games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath
    to be amended to match the new FSX Steam location.

  14. #14

    Icon26

    All of my addons (I have allot of them) work great. So do not let the stand in your way.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    The link's down at the moment.
    This would only apply if FSX has not been completely removed.
    Changing the registry entry works the next time that FSX Steam is run and
    is entirely reversible.
    The way to do it is to navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition
    where you will find a key named Co-Existence.
    Its value by default is 1, which makes FSX Steam create the external FSX-SE folders.
    If you change the value to 0, FSX Steam will create external folders named FSX.
    In this way, installers built for FSX will find the files in exactly the right places and
    work properly.
    The few installers that detect the FSX root folder using the registry and do not offer the
    choice to navigate elsewhere will require the existing (64 bit OS) FSX location at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ microsoft games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath
    to be amended to match the new FSX Steam location.
    Thank You,

    I found this manual too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160...383/?l=english .
    Good to use CCCleaner to clean registry after uninstalling old FSX version...
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

  16. #16
    Went a head and picked up the SE. Loaded up ok and figured I would give it quick spin. All went ok, and reminded me of the old flying days of FSX. Now all I have to do is pick up a flightstick and do away with this xbox 360 controller...lol.

  17. #17
    How budget are you looking for the low-mid range Saitek/Madcatz sticks are pretty nifty and good bang for buck.

    thanks,
    Lewis

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhere48 View Post
    All of my addons (I have allot of them) work great. So do not let the stand in your way.
    The only one not working for me (so far) is the VRS Super Hornet, and there will be no fix for that. The only solution is to buy tac pac from the same dev, but for now I have no interest in that and I'm not paying $40 for a patch..
    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus RTX 2070 Turbo 8Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Windows 10 64-bit.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •