Vultee Vibrator.... or the T6 with the Corsair tail feathers

Thread: Vultee Vibrator.... or the T6 with the Corsair tail feathers

Vultee Vibrator.... or the T6 with the Corsair tail feathers

a lot of pre-war pilots as well as trainees flew the Vultee Vibrator in the early years - are there any projects or plans to make one for FSX?
    http://www.wmof.com/bt-13.html

check out the training videos in the attachment - very good info there
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'll just say it is one I've been wanting to do since I first started modeling for FS. I have a good friend/colleague that has time on the type and I have easy access to one based locally (which are also some of the reasons fueling another project Warbirdsim has underway, the B-25J). We shall see...
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Don't know if you know about Top Flight's BT-13, for FS2004 but will work in FSX with minimum fuss

http://topflightsimulation.yolasite....creenshots.php
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BT-13.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I'll just say it is one I've been wanting to do since I first started modeling for FS. I have a good friend/colleague that has time on the type and I have easy access to one based locally (which are also some of the reasons fueling another project Warbirdsim has underway, the B-25J). We shall see...
    hey - thats great! My father flew them in training as did a family friend - We've had one or two visit Gillespie Field for different events also...

Had you seen the training videos before?
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    Don't know if you know about Top Flight's BT-13, for FS2004 but will work in FSX with minimum fuss
    I am familiar with that one but I am hoping for one with a little more detail - but thanks for the HU
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    a lot of pre-war pilots as well as trainees flew the Vultee Vibrator in the early years - are there any projects or plans to make one for FSX?
    http://www.wmof.com/bt-13.html

check out the training videos in the attachment - very good info there

Hey Woood,

Remarkable picture!

Real world aircraft have been digitally reproduced for us to fly in our virtual world for many decades now. The difference has been obvious for many decades too. When FSX came around the difference started to become less obvious. Nowadays to such extend that, by looking at this picture, it makes me wonder.... has the situation turned around so that real world aircraft are now made to look like virtual aircraft ?...

I mean, the chrome like appearance of the aluminium skin, including the 'typical FSX reflection', the spinning prop image, the pilot 'model', not to forget 'the sky'.... Without reading the text, just looking at the picture, my first reaction was Wow! I'm buying this! Hehe..

Until i noticed the reflection of the main gear on the bottom wing and wing on the fuselage... ( i am almost sure we're going to see this in FSX too sooner or later... with their wonderful 3D spinning prop image A2A proofs what can be done with a so called 'fresnel map'.... this may be just for starters...)

The fact that it resembles an FSX model so much is probabely because the Vultee here has just taken off so that the runway and surrounding can still be seen in the reflection. I am a sucker for bare-metal replication in FSX, never liked the 'chrome' appearance of some ( AFAIK chrome is a coating not bare aluminium ) but it looks like i have to reposition my stance towards that..

thats funny Javis - first thing I thought of when I saw the image was - Hey! who made a Vultee for FSX?!!

I agree - the newer models built for FSX P3D have a certain life likeness to them, especially with the work of Steve Parsons DX10 fixer lighting enhancements
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0