What happened to FSX ?

Thread: What happened to FSX ?

Charter Member 09

What happened to FSX ?

Time to renew my version of FSX. It had become worn and weary like this operator. Cleared out all vestiges of Flight Simulator. Said goodbye to 2B2 Plum Island. So long Beech Staggerwing and nice gentle J-3 Cub.
    I tried to put in FSX and it would not load.
    Maybe the disk was dirty. I washed it off, checked for scratches but no joy. It wouldn't respond.
    Well on to Plan B. I had bought a combo FSX and Acceleration for $15 bucks. I pulled off the wrapper and away we go. Or so I thought. I had no better luck than with Plan A.
    Now I've sent a good 8 hours trying to figure out how I had gone astray. Forgive me Father, because I know not what I do. Plus it was bedtime.
    I'm laying there and somehow through my stroke-ridden brain it came to me. Didn't Microshaft sell out to something called Storm. Could that be the reason?
    Anyone out there that can help an old man out?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Time to renew my version of FSX. It had become worn and weary like this operator. Cleared out all vestiges of Flight Simulator. Said goodbye to 2B2 Plum Island. So long Beech Staggerwing and nice gentle J-3 Cub.
    I tried to put in FSX and it would not load.
    Maybe the disk was dirty. I washed it off, checked for scratches but no joy. It wouldn't respond.
    Well on to Plan B. I had bought a combo FSX and Acceleration for $15 bucks. I pulled off the wrapper and away we go. Or so I thought. I had no better luck than with Plan A.
    Now I've sent a good 8 hours trying to figure out how I had gone astray. Forgive me Father, because I know not what I do. Plus it was bedtime.
    I'm laying there and somehow through my stroke-ridden brain it came to me. Didn't Microshaft sell out to something called Storm. Could that be the reason?
    Anyone out there that can help an old man out?
    I recently - 4weeks ago - reinstalled FSX Gold from the discs with no problem...
    I think you are referring to STEAM (not STORM) but that has no connection to the installation.

It sounds like you are not having the 'auto run' feature enabled
    When you load the disc 1 and then click on the START button - then the COMPUTER button - do you see the FSX logo where your disc drive icon is shown?
    If so you can RIGHT click on it and run the FSX.exe file from there...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Firstly, how did you uninstall your previous version and why? Did you have the MS upgrades installed? If you did and have not got rid of them, they may be interfering with your new install.

However, if the installer won't even load then the problem rests with your system. Something is either not registering the DVD/CD drive or it's deeper in then that. Very difficult to diagnose remotely.

Rest assured, nothing has changed, the discs were produced long before anything happened with Microsoft - and it has absolutely nothing to do with the new Steam version or anything else.
    I'm afraid you need to look closer to home.

I sympathise, computers can turn real nasty when they want.

I encountered the same issue when I got my new PC back in 2013. I tried every suggestion to no avail and eventually someone here pointed out to me to use Microsoft Fix It which cleared up the errors I was having. After using that fix, the install went fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, are you getting an error code (like 1311 or similar?)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0